Thief will be dead when EoD launches

NorthernRedStar.3054

I'll be making a thief balance thread once we've seen the EOD thief specialization and played through some of the betas. 

I think thief is in an ok place compared to most professions now.

But looking at the strengths of some (Willbender) of the new elite specs (unless nerfed from today) it will be necessary to boost thief survivability, damage, or both. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's almost dead now, come eod it will be pointless. As it is trying to plus a core necro or scourge etc is like ur hitting it with toothpicks and they will just out heal ur bursts, its a complete joke just as the devs are a complete joke lol. This and thief is supposed to be a glassy burst class haha anet devs are so trash, honestly after eod it's gonna be interesting to see the mess they've made. Anet seriously needs to fire their teams and replace em all.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Just necro and guardian get'n Thief powers and doing it better.

15 second cooldown, evade backwards with blind, stun break, with a flip skill that is a 3 second daze. 

I can already see that cooldown getting a big nerf.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kontrolle.3514 said:

i hope thief dies. This class destroys wvw roaming since release

Really? Are u for real lmao. Like scourge is super healthy for wvw right? Or like core necro and scourge are super healthy for pvp to right? Or like how a handful of specs basically dominate zerg play, but thief is good at roaming.... kill it pls. Honestly this playerbase deserves this games balance haha my God.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, saerni.2584 said:

15 second cooldown, evade backwards with blind, stun break, with a flip skill that is a 3 second daze. 

I can already see that cooldown getting a big nerf.

That cooldown better get nerfed because that's a low cost mobility skill with blind on top of the rest while our now high cost mobility skill with blind is collecting dust between sparse use at 8 Initiative. They'll actually get to consider using that skill for the blind, which is what I used to use Inf Arrow for to cover people. 

19 minutes ago, Kontrolle.3514 said:

i hope thief dies. This class destroys wvw roaming since release

Seems like people on the other classes I get jumped by don't agree with you. 

Edited by kash.9213

1 hour ago, saerni.2584 said:

I'll be making a thief balance thread once we've seen the EOD thief specialization and played through some of the betas. 

I think thief is in an ok place compared to most professions now.

But looking at the strengths of some (Willbender) of the new elite specs (unless nerfed from today) it will be necessary to boost thief survivability, damage, or both. 

I will also be contributing on it. Anet needs a detailed report on what Thief is like on the player side of things. Because it is common knowledge no dev has played thief extensively.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

That cooldown better get nerfed because that's a low cost mobility skill with blind on top of the rest while our now high cost mobility skill with blind is collecting dust between sparse use at 8 Initiative. They'll actually get to consider using that skill for the blind, which is what I used to use Inf Arrow for to cover people. 

Seems like people on the other classes I get jumped by don't agree with you. 

I actually laughed when I saw the cooldown as a stun break. Then I saw it followed up with a long duration hard CC, and I was like, that needs at least a 30-40 second cooldown.

It's basically a nicer positional version of what Daredevil gets with Bandit's Defense. Only it has a 50% longer duration follow up CC, and it blinds so it has an additional clutch usage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kallist.5917 said:

If anything, Seeing the power of the preview has me hopeful for the power they'll end up giving the Thief. Lets just hope they dont kill the fringe builds for it like they did with Rifle. Still upset about the AOE Condie being nuked by the rework.

Sweet summer child, you just saw the espec for Thief, but it’s only available if you have a Guardian.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

Shortbow has that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pistol "had" that but it was deleted randomly, so why wouldn't I want something back that I used often? 

Now Rifle and Pistols are the exact same weapon and it puzzles me why such a choice was made. What's the point of holding two guns and only hitting one target anyways? Not very gunslinger. 

Meanwhile Necro nukes the whole darn planet with just one pistol. I don't even think our Elite Spec, whatever it is, will be enough at this point. They'll need to rethink our other Elite Specs and core Thief after this.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The harbringer pistol skills will 100% be nerfed. Extreme levels of bloat and damage on short cds. That aoe 1sec stun is comical. With that being said, i am incredibly jealous of them and wish p/p got that much love.

Edited by Shade.8971
  • Like 4

Well after 8 yrs I just Uninstalled haha, been hanging onto this game way to long, the pvp nowadays is beyond trash and can't even stomach more than 3 matches before being reminded how utterly useless the gw2 devs are. Hopefully the new thief spec is to all u thief mains liking and u have good times :). With lost ark releasing in couple months and ghostbof tsushima releasing new content next week fu.........ck this absolute garbage pile of a mmo haha. Have fun in Cantha peeps.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Ricochet on core pistol when the game launched was on a trait that made taking double pistol worth it. The trait had minor changes until one pre-HoT patch during the big esports PvP push. It had a pretty prominent place in talk about the weapon on the website and in patch notes. It had a % chance like a combo finisher to happen and after they raised that chance to near 100% (or100% Idr) the trait was removed and replaced with a new trait no one used for years. (This is all before game mode splitting was a thing) The reason being it now did too much damage, a problem they created. Unload could suddenly do some crazy damage pretty close to what staff has right now. Now that trait gives piercing which is pretty inferior on a 900 range weapon. Pistol never really recovered after that. It's gotten better recently with condi builds but it's never really had the high it had circa 2014-2015.

Here we are again, Necro gets to pistol bounce with an auto attack that has a much stronger condi. You can scream about how they'll nerf it all you want but the excuses they gave us for years about pistol feel very hallow now that they gave it to another class without a second thought. It's just a little frustrating.

I'm fine with Necro getting this I just wish they were more consistent with their reasoning.

• Like 1