Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

On 8/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Dante.1763 said:

it would be so mean, but hey id be down for it xD

kek, be even more mean, make it require EOD too(if they have one), all four of those gifts xD

Thats an interesting idea.... make each piece of the set of 6 require a gift of exploration and a gift from the other 3 expansions. Thats a LOT of open world pve...  I might not even do that one lol

Tack on a mandatory 30k achievement points and it might actually be a legendary task. 

Obviously with different skins than the raid set though.

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 1

Thanks Tails, I assume this is mostly a problem in sPvP.  That is bad form indeed.  Is there a phrase for immediately rolling over in WvW when you, as a PvE-er working on his Gift of Battle, get caught by a roamer? 😛  I am not saying I do that, well not all the time.

Edited by Tyncale.1629

20 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Intentionally throwing a match which is impossible to prove btw unless the person in question is actually telling you that they do.

More of "intentionally feeding", but the outcome is the same.  Talking about it in this thread was based on this post in the first place: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/99685-legendary-armor-by-pve-exploration-merged/page/19/?tab=comments#comment-1445280  ("fun" comment chain, where someone pretends taking a closer look at afkers isn't worth it, because it's not just afking, but also inting and then... looking at inting isn't worth getting a closer look at because what if people will find another way in general)

And far from impossible to prove. Also people were already afking before the legendary armor, so it's not exactly a case of problematic armor acquisition, but probably more of a generally lacking mode support and rule enforcement. Again, just ask pvp players about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

They're never going to do that as it goes against what they said legendary gear is there for: participation. They don't expect you to be good at it they just want you to participate, setting up a skill check (e.g. a KDR requirement) would duscurage bad players which is not what they want.

AFKing isn't participation.

Trying your hardest and then still losing  is still participation.

• Like 1

Just now, xenon.3264 said:

lol 

wvw in mainly afk or zerg. no try hard at all. 

You've never been in 3 way zerg fights over t3 SMC before, have you?

Or a big keep fight?

Maybe fighting over one of the home towers.

People always are telling me WvW isn't  hard.  If it's not hard, why tf did ANet remove wvw as part of core tyria map completion then?  The difficulty from WvW comes from other players on the enemy teams.

7 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Wow im surprised at how many of these weve had in two weeks >.>

Im down for an ow set sure, but uh..not gonna rehash arguments that just got done..with the same exact people from last week.

Man, that's a mood.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

You've never been in 3 way zerg fights over t3 SMC before, have you?

Or a big keep fight?

Maybe fighting over one of the home towers.

People always are telling me WvW isn't  hard.  If it's not hard, why tf did ANet remove wvw as part of core tyria map completion then?  The difficulty from WvW comes from other players on the enemy teams.

Man, that's a mood.

it's not the mood .

people realized they can have a legendary amulet doing what they like so whey are simply asking : if we can have amulet, weapons, trinkets with pve (not raids) why can't we have an armor too ? 

what's the problem with this ? 

oh i ve been playing since when wvw was needed for map completition so yes i did that kind of stuff ... but it was long ago when my server had still enough ppl , now we barely have a commander in map sometimes so that huge kind of fights never happens anymore.

i see your point but you must admit that even if those are fun it's just a zerg in a different point oh yes with catapults.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

People always are telling me WvW isn't  hard.

No, people say getting the WvW set is not hard which is just a fact as there is no connection between winning a WvW match and the ability to make progress towards the WvW legendaries. Fighting other players is not a necessity and even killing a random veteran creature that has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the match still counts as participation.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

AFKing isn't participation.

Trying your hardest and then still losing  is still participation.

You're right but the game does count it as participation. Throwing the game also counts as participation. So that's what a number of people do apparently. And probably all people who don't care about PvP but do want the rewards. I wonder if that could be changed by giving OW their own legendaries 🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I wonder if that could be changed by giving OW their own legendaries 🤔

If nothing else it would at least remove those who are only there to get the legendary gear because they feel that doing sPvP is "the lesser evil".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You're right but the game does count it as participation. Throwing the game also counts as participation. So that's what a number of people do apparently. And probably all people who don't care about PvP but do want the rewards. I wonder if that could be changed by giving OW their own legendaries 🤔

once there is no reward there won't be reason for pvp for many many many players. more than you can imagine

Just now, Tails.9372 said:

If nothing else it would at least remove those who are only there to get the legendary gear because they feel that doing sPvP is "the lesser evil".

Edited by xenon.3264
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, xenon.3264 said:

it's not the mood .

people realized they can have a legendary amulet doing what they like so whey are simply asking : if we can have amulet, weapons, trinkets with pve (not raids) why can't we have an armor too ?

No, legendary items got ""buffed"" with the introduction of LA and that's when certain people started feeling entitled to just having full legendary gear for whatever they do in the game -earlier it wasn't that much better than the ascended gear because you needed to juggle it between the characters anyways. Suddenly people claim they're juggling stats in open world and constantly come up/try out/need to use broad variety of builds, which somehow wasn't the case before the armory 🤔

The amulet is giving the possibility to see how armory works, then it's up to the player to complete the content needed for the rest of the gear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Honestly, I'd love to see the open world legendary armor be an updated upgraded radiant/hellfire set. I'd love to see you need the original piece of the set as a precursor (having the skin unlocked I mean), and I'd love to see each piece (6 total pieces) require a gift of exploration, a gift of maguuma mastery, gift of desert mastery, and whatever new eod map mastery exists. Get 6 of each of those and a high achievement point requirement and you've got something that actually requires effort. You'd have to be a hardcore pve player that doesn't raid to do this and if people are what they claim, that shouldn't be too much of a problem 😉

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, legendary items got ""buffed"" with the introduction of LA and that's when certain people started feeling entitled to just having full legendary gear for whatever they do in the game. The amulet is giving the possibility to see how armory works, then it's up to the player to complete the content needed for the rest of the gear.

no. at all.

i have multiple legendary weapons (exordium hope minstrell astralaria sharur ), vision and aurora, both the legendary backs and a full set of legendary armor i got doing diamonds more time than i like to admit but i still think pve deserves an armor outside raid . i would not care about it , i barely use the legendary armor stats change nor i did for the skin (which is the same as the ascended version and anyway is covered by wardrobe options). 

i would not do it but why should not people who just like open world get it ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, xenon.3264 said:

no. at all.

No at all what? It didn't get ""buffed""? It did. It didn't become some sort of "huge issue" for certain people on this forum after introduction of LA? It did. Some people don't suddenly feel they should just passively get full legendary gear set for doing whatever they want in the game? Based on recent posts, they clearly do. The amulet isn't supposed to give people the taste of armory? It is, you having legendary gear doesn't change that.

So when you say "no at all", what exactly do you mean in context of the post you've quoted?

18 minutes ago, xenon.3264 said:

i would not do it but why should not people who just like open world get it ? 

Because requiring to play through the broader content of the game than just the -usually very basic- open world to acquire full legendary gear doesn't seem unreasonable. And I'm fine with it exactly because it doesn't give any actual power over the ascended gear. It would be a problem if it did. But it doesn't, so it's not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

onestly, I'd love to see the open world legendary armor be an updated upgraded radiant/hellfire set. I'd love to see you need the original piece of the set as a precursor (having the skin unlocked I mean), and I'd love to see each piece (6 total pieces) require a gift of exploration, a gift of maguuma mastery, gift of desert mastery, and whatever new eod map mastery exists. Get 6 of each of those and a high achievement point requirement and you've got something that actually requires effort. You'd have to be a hardcore pve player that doesn't raid to do this and if people are what they claim, that shouldn't be too much of a problem 😉

this would have been ok if they did this from the beginning. now it's realy hard to reach higher ap . i have unlocked till radiant pants. chest is so far that i do not care about doing daily anymore. and all the achievement i can do grats 1 ap ... 

bu i agree with you

21 minutes ago, xenon.3264 said:

once there is no reward there won't be reason for pvp for many many many players. more than you can imagine

Well, I'm not saying to take the PvP rewards away but if the result is that a whole lot of people won't play PvP, then that tells you something about the PvP population.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well, I'm not saying to take the PvP rewards away but if the result is that a whole lot of people won't play PvP, then that tells you something about the PvP population.

Wait, so now you won't ask for proof of his claim? And it's not because it's in line of your agenda/opinion, right? Do you think people didn't play pvp mode before the legendary armor was available there? We simply know that's not true.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

Wait, so now you won't ask for proof of his claim? And it's not because it's in line of your agenda/opinion, right? Do you think people didn't play pvp mode before the legendary armor was available there? We simply know that's not true.

You do know what if means right?

• Confused 1

they did for the legendary back which was the easiest to get since fractals was not required.  then as you finished with it you just stopped pvp. thinking this was not the truth is just denying the evidence

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Suddenly people claim they're juggling stats in open world and constantly come up/try out/need to use broad variety of builds, which somehow wasn't the case before the armory

See who is lying again. Maybe you have a link on commentary to prove these words?

40 minutes ago, xenon.3264 said:

what's the problem with this ? 

There's no problem, it's just some people who want to think they're better than others or think forcing players to other mods is a good thing.

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3