Thief Pistol 1 sneaky buff?

Fatsmoke.4038

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

And back to one of the worst AAs in the game it is.

So who at Anet got fired for accidentally committing the ultimate taboo sin of buffing Teef?

They probably threw the person who removed the cast time out the window before removing the buff.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 2

I just started gearing my thief again and playing condi p/d. This makes me sad that my dps just got cut by about 30% in many situations.

Just tested it and pistol autos are doing just barely more than single target shortbow autos against poisoned enemies. Against more than 1 enemy, shortbow dominates pistol mainhand. :(

Edited by nuggetjr.6571
add comparison

The issue (for me at least) isn't even the DPS loss as even with the increased attack speed it never amounted to much to begin with on a power build but the QoL loss is rather saddening. Thieves should have a "quick draw" but after experiencing that "bug" I have to say that the AA just feels rather sluggish to me.

17 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Can we all agree that this made thief pistol fun to play? 

I wouldn't really say that this is what made "thief pistol fun to play" but it at least made it more enjoyable.

17 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

This fixed confirms my suspicious that anet doesnt want thieves to have fun.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they don't want thieves to have fun (at least not as a ganeral statement) but it at least shows how disconected they are, both from the player base and from the knowledge of how some of the things are actually performing.

42 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

I wouldn't really say that this is what made "thief pistol fun to play" but it at least made it more enjoyable.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they don't want thieves to have fun (at least not as a ganeral statement) but it at least shows how disconected they are, both from the player base and from the knowledge of how some of the things are actually performing.

I think the basics of Thief are really fun and promote thoughtful play, but the game has developed such unpredictable emergent gameplay that the original design hasn’t meshed well. For example, Thieves are excellent roamers in WvW, but WvW is mostly about boonballs at the moment, and Thieves currently have no place there. Additionally, other classes have greater “class compression” in the PvE scene, so Thieves’ perceived purity of purpose can be a liability there.

7 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

I think the basics of Thief are really fun and promote thoughtful play, but the game has developed such unpredictable emergent gameplay that the original design hasn’t meshed well. For example, Thieves are excellent roamers in WvW, but WvW is mostly about boonballs at the moment, and Thieves currently have no place there. Additionally, other classes have greater “class compression” in the PvE scene, so Thieves’ perceived purity of purpose can be a liability there.

Roamers, decappers, or plus 1ers.... that what thieves are

Just now, BobbyT.7192 said:

Roamers, decappers, or plus 1ers.... that what thieves are

Agreed, and that would be fine if it didn’t clash with WvW and PvE design. We could shrug and say “Thieves are just for PvP”, but that’s an awfully restrictive way to treat a profession, especially when it’s really the only one with such severe restrictions borne purely from intentional design choices.

Just now, shrew.3059 said:

Agreed, and that would be fine if it didn’t clash with WvW and PvE design. We could shrug and say “Thieves are just for PvP”, but that’s an awfully restrictive way to treat a profession, especially when it’s really the only one with such severe restrictions borne purely from intentional design choices.

I kinda say this in a sarcastic manner

8 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

You weren’t wrong though! *does not have enough initiative to cry*

Wanted to reiterate from my last post.

Since thieves have the "privilege" these roles, it feels like they are not allowed to move away from them for the fear they would be too OP and as you said want to maintain the purity of the thief. -_-

Edited by BobbyT.7192

2 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

plus 1ers.... that what thieves are

And thematically that's exactly what thieves shouldn't be. The whole theme of thieves needing to get in and out fast is to avoid reinforcements, not to be reduced to it. Thieves should excel at dueling which is another thing they are generally underperforming with P/P being a prime example of that while, from a thematic point of view, duelling is what this whole set (more than any other) is all about.