hope next elite spec

jsp.6912

@Tycura.1982 said:I think you might be on the wrong class brother

wait so you want all four spec for warrior all play as selfish side noder with no other potential?you already has 3 spec that you can choose from and 2 of them is completely outshined by spellbreaker and completely unplayable because spellbreaker is better.

also just a few example holo is duelist and has team play, condi rev is duelist and has team play, symbol fb is duelist and has teamplay.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Warrior is most likely going to get another selfish DPS spec.

And then it gets nerfed into unviability less than half a year after being released.

So the same as ele?

How is tempest a selfish dps spec?

Tempest can be played as a selfish dps.I myself do that, too. But my Eles are only for Open World dailies.

Berserk is an offensive stance.Full counter is a defensive stance.I guess we can hope to see some support in the next e-spec.

The thing is that there is always room to play dps, tank and support with any e-spec so I'm not sure some "support" e-spec won't just be played as dps/duelist because "it's more efficient to do so". What's sure is that banners and empower allies ain't going anywhere so whatever the e-spec end up being, it will have some valuable form of support in PvE end game.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Berserk is an offensive stance.Full counter is a defensive stance.I guess we can hope to see some support in the next e-spec.

The thing is that there is always room to play dps, tank and support with any e-spec so I'm not sure some "support" e-spec won't just be played as dps/duelist because "it's more efficient to do so". What's sure is that banners and empower allies ain't going anywhere so whatever the e-spec end up being, it will have some valuable form of support in PvE end game.

I'm hoping for F2 bursts that are different per weapon that have mostly CC or support capabilities.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:
Berserk
is an offensive stance.
Full counter
is a defensive stance.I guess we can hope to see some support in the next e-spec.

The thing is that there is always room to play dps, tank and support with any e-spec so I'm not sure some "support" e-spec won't just be played as dps/duelist because "it's more efficient to do so". What's sure is that banners and
empower allies
ain't going anywhere so whatever the e-spec end up being, it will have some valuable form of support in PvE end game.

I'm hoping for F2 bursts that are different per weapon that have mostly CC or support capabilities.

I'd expect something along those lines:https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo-cavalier-archetypes/standard-bearer/

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Berserk
is an offensive stance.
Full counter
is a defensive stance.I guess we can hope to see some support in the next e-spec.

The thing is that there is always room to play dps, tank and support with any e-spec so I'm not sure some "support" e-spec won't just be played as dps/duelist because "it's more efficient to do so". What's sure is that banners and
empower allies
ain't going anywhere so whatever the e-spec end up being, it will have some valuable form of support in PvE end game.

I'd expect something along those lines:

Why are there so many people hoping for banners, when we already have them?

@Fueki.4753 said:

Berserk
is an offensive stance.
Full counter

empower allies

Why are there so many people hoping for banners, when
we already have them?

Your question is like asking why ANet give barrier to the necromancer when they already have the shroud.

In short, that's because ANet give more of what you already have with the e-specs. So making the warrior into a walking banner with it's F2 seem possible (note that it's not giving the warrior another set of banners but making a banner part of it's main mechanism, which also mean that the effect of this banner shouldn't overlap with existing banners).

@Fueki.4753 said:

Berserk
is an offensive stance.
Full counter

empower allies

Why are there so many people hoping for banners, when
we already have them?

Elite specs tend to use what is already established thematically for the class and improving it for the task.

What warrior is lacking is a proper support spec, something that enables them to protect their allies properly in group settings.The support thematics already established for warrior are: banners and shouts.Banners work well with a support spec thematically.

Note: warrior shouldn't get another set of banner utility skills, but having something that resonances with banners thematically for the mechanic and possibly the weapon chosen (staff?).

Look for example at thief's elite spec daredevil. Anet tried to create a bruiser spec for thief, something that enables them to withstand alot of damage in the middle of enemy hoards. Daredevil was their answer, which is playing on the acrobatics theme of the thief. Instead of giving thief alot of tank mechanics which were not part of core thief, they improved the tank mechanic thief was already known for: dodges.

That's why people suggest a standard bearer as the spec. It plays into the natural supportive features (and common supportive warrior thematics in general) of the class. But they shouldn't get another set of banners, other utility skills can work with such an elite spec, like preparations for example (the warrior/commander/standard bearer is "preparing" the battlefield to give their own allies an advantage while fighting).

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Berserk
is an offensive stance.
Full counter

empower allies

Cavalier is certainly broken lol. Particularly if you push Aid Another to its limits. Nobody in the party will be hit by an attack, nor will they ever miss an attack.

What needs to happen though is for banners to be placed on the warrior's back so that they move with them, and a flip over skill that pulses a boon to allies in range:Strength: 6/12 stacks of might 15s/8s CD of 15s on the Flipover skill. (PvE Comp)Discipline: Fury 8s CD of 15sDefense: Protection 4s CD of 15sTactics: Retaliation 5s CD 15sCompassion: Regeneration 10s CD 15sBattle Standard: Breaks stuns and gives 2 stacks of Stability for 4s CD of 60s

Banners give the boons on summon, and when they time out if you slot Double Standards.

I think if they give Warrior F2-F4 skills that they would have to be more like Renegade's F2-F4. Things that cost adrenaline bars but we lose out on T2 and T3 bursts, heck maybe even T1 bursts for 4 new F skills.

Something like FGJ on F1, group might (10 stacks/5 stacks, 10s/5s PvE/Comp) and fury 10s and gives a boon like Berserker's Power (10% increased damage) to the party.Something like SiO on F2, a group condi cleanse, 5 condi cleansed, no stunbreak, and gives a boon like Adrenal Health to the party, pulse 500HP/250HP for the next 5s.Something like Building Momentum on F3, a group endurance gain, 50/25 endurance (Pve Comp) for the party.Something like Burst Precision on F4, Make the next few attacks by the party critical hits, and gives 5s/2s of quickness to the party (PvE/Comp).

Each would count as a T1 burst for Trait purposes, which since none are hits would require said traits to proc without hitting anything.Each would have 10s CD, which could be traited via Discipline for lower CDs, but all adrenaline is not consumed at once, just one bar at a time like Spellbreaker, and there would be 3 bars. Some could be instant cast, some 1/4s cast, the F4 could be a 1/2 or 3/4s cast to allow for interrupting it.

I think you do that sort of mechanic then you could have said warrior with PS be the source of might, fury, and quickness for the party with said banner rework.

It would also end up as a selfish duelist class in competitive play and I highly doubt they would give warrior such an E-Spec.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I'm hoping for F2 bursts that are different per weapon that have mostly CC or support capabilities.

I am kinda hoping for warrior to finally get F3 and F4 unlocked so we can start using brain for Bursts.

Wow, most people don't go further than pressing 1 and you want them to add F3 and F4 even?!

I wouldn't mind having a more support oriented spec for warrior using staff, providing aegis, quickness, alacrity, prot etc.

@sitarskee.5738 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I'm hoping for F2 bursts that are different per weapon that have mostly CC or support capabilities.

I am kinda hoping for warrior to finally get F3 and F4 unlocked so we can start using brain for Bursts.

Wow, most people don't go further than pressing 1 and you want them to add F3 and F4 even?!

I wouldn't mind having a more support oriented spec for warrior using staff, providing
aegis, quickness, alacrity, prot
etc.

All chronos would clutch their pearls if that happens.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I wouldn't mind having a more support oriented spec for warrior using staff, providing
aegis, quickness, alacrity, prot
etc.

All chronos would clutch their pearls if that happens.

Of course, balanced enough so other options stay viable.

@Lan Deathrider.5910

I think it's more reasonable to expect something like:

Name: Standard bearer

Mechanism: F1 can only use 1-2 bar of adrenalineF2: Warbanner: Manifest a banner in your hands for 30 seconds. Bearer of the warbanner gain alacrity (3s) every 3 seconds.AA chain: Banner strike - Banner bash - Banner stabSkill#2: Rallying cry: Heal 5 allies within 600 range.Skill#3: Inspire: Inspire nearby allies granting swiftness.Skill#4: Trip: Knock down nearby foeSkill#5: Last stand: Gain protection 3s and 4k barrier (gain more barrier the lower your health, +10% when below 75% health, +20% when below 50%, +40% when below 25%).Burst: Banner's glory: Your banner seem to become bigger and more imposing dealing aoe damage to your foes and strengthening your allies.

Weapon: Anything goes, probably pistol main-hand ;)

Utilities: Command: A nice way to add shout without saying they are shouts.

Trait:Upper trait: Support

• Inspire also grant fury,
  • Add regen to rallying cry,
  • Wielded warbanner now grant it's boon to allies within 600 range.

Middle traitline: Martial

• Increase outgoing damage when wielding a warbanner
  • Rallying cry become routing cry dealing damage and weakening nearby foes.
  • Banner's glory now also fear (1s) foes struck.

Lower traitline: Strategist

• Gain concentration while wielding a warbanner or a pistol.
  • Inspire now break stun for nearby allies
  • Commands are more 50% effective while you wield a warbanner.

@Dadnir.5038 said:@Lan Deathrider.5910

I think it's more reasonable to expect something like:

Name: Standard bearer

Mechanism: F1 can only use 1-2 bar of adrenalineF2: Warbanner: Manifest a banner in your hands for 30 seconds. Bearer of the warbanner gain alacrity (3s) every 3 seconds.AA chain: Banner strike - Banner bash - Banner stabSkill#2: Rallying cry: Heal 5 allies within 600 range.Skill#3: Inspire: Inspire nearby allies granting swiftness.Skill#4: Trip: Knock down nearby foeSkill#5: Last stand: Gain protection 3s and 4k barrier (gain more barrier the lower your health, +10% when below 75% health, +20% when below 50%, +40% when below 25%).Burst: Banner's glory: Your banner seem to become bigger and more imposing dealing aoe damage to your foes and strengthening your allies.

Weapon: Anything goes, probably pistol main-hand ;)

Utilities: Command: A nice way to add shout without saying they are shouts.

Trait:Upper trait: Support

• Inspire also grant fury,
  • Add regen to rallying cry,
  • Wielded warbanner now grant it's boon to allies within 600 range.

Middle traitline: Martial

• Increase outgoing damage when wielding a warbanner
  • Rallying cry become routing cry dealing damage and weakening nearby foes.
  • Banner's glory now also fear (1s) foes struck.

Lower traitline: Strategist

• Gain concentration while wielding a warbanner or a pistol.
  • Inspire now break stun for nearby allies
  • Commands are more 50% effective while you wield a warbanner.

So basically, use an F2 to gain the old banner bundle skills back, but with the old Banner 2s and Banner 3s spread out on a single bar? Sounds fairly weak to me.

Having F1-F4 being individual buffs along with Warhorn would be better support. That and the Utilities could be ranged AoEs that leave fields that a Pistol 2 could blast on a short CD for increased support for allies at the field location. Can't do that while in a Banner Mode. A more aggressive build would have OH Pistol with a blast on Pistol 4 with a 12s CD so that you could blast a single field with P2 ->P4 -> P2 quickly. Like an AoE water field left from a ranged Heal skill. Or a smoke field to stealth a group of team mates at range, or yourself to setup a surprise Bull's Charge->Axe5 or HB. This theoretical Pistol 2 would not be a powerful hit itself, but a low damage low CD blast finisher. Said fields would have to be 2-3s in duration and appropriate in CD length to keep said spec from being broken on its own. Like only blasting said smoke field twice before it expires and a 30s CD, and said water field no more than 3 times before it expires, maybe less with a 25s CD.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:So basically, use an F2 to gain the old banner bundle skills back, but with the old Banner 2s and Banner 3s spread out on a single bar? Sounds fairly weak to me.

It's not about being weak or strong, it's about the level of things I expect from ANet. You sure can hope of 3-4 F skills with fantastique synergy and an impressing gameplay as a result but, I look at what ANet did with berserker and spellbreaker and put my expectation at this level: A weakened F1 and a F2 that fit what we already have within a thematic (I even think I'm giving them much credit with what I've written. Come on, I've put an attack chain on the AA it's like a whole rework of the banner's skillkit in ANet's perspective).

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:So basically, use an F2 to gain the old banner bundle skills back, but with the old Banner 2s and Banner 3s spread out on a single bar? Sounds fairly weak to me.

It's not about being weak or strong, it's about the level of things I expect from ANet. You sure can hope of 3-4 F skills with fantastique synergy and an impressing gameplay as a result but, I look at what ANet did with berserker and spellbreaker and put my expectation at this level: A weakened F1 and a F2 that fit what we already have within a thematic (I even think I'm giving them much credit with what I've written. Come on, I've put an attack chain on the AA it's like a whole rework of the banner's skillkit in ANet's perspective).

So true sadly. Please stop crushing my hopes @Dadnir.5038 I want a meaningful espec for warrior support not to get back what they took away from core at a steep cost.