Many Gathering Glyphs broken — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Many Gathering Glyphs broken

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 22, 2021 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

I've been observing for many weeks now that some Glyphs no longer work (e.g., Glyph of the Scavenger), while others no longer work on certain nodes (e.g., the Glyph of the Watchknight no longer producing Warchwork Sprockets on Baubles home node) or have a majorly reduced rates of producing the additional gathering results.

Please fix your Glyphs, ANet. Players paid either Gems or gold to get them and now they are having issues (it started approximately in late December or early January after a patch, I don't recall the exact date).

Tagged:

Comments

  • Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    From my recall, it started prior to the Wintersday patch, so that wasn't what broke it.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2021

    @Hesione.9412 said:
    From my recall, it started prior to the Wintersday patch, so that wasn't what broke it.

    I have observed that more glyphs have become affected over time (for instance the Watchwork Sprockets no longer dropping from the SAB home node and the respective tool producing less in general than prior to the bug). So it's been getting worse since the patch you mentioned.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021

    Still no fix with this patch? How many more months should players have to wait, especially when you are advertizing Glyphs as possible drops from the new Black Lion Chest? :angry:

  • i have the glyph of the scavenger on all three tools.
    it works perfectly fine on the pickaxe.
    it works perfectly fine on the logging axe.
    on the sickle however, instead of having a 33% chance of getting fine materials it instead has a 33% chance of giving an additional loot of that plant.

    i don't mind that behaviour, mostly the plants i bother to harvest give me more than the fine materials so it is a net gain but if that change is intentional the description should be adjusted and if it is bug i hope it is not considered bugusing to harvest nodes with the glyph ...

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @WorldofBay.8160 said:
    on the sickle however, instead of having a 33% chance of getting fine materials it instead has a 33% chance of giving an additional loot of that plant.

    are you sure that isn't from something else like an item booster?

    just went through at least 100 nodes with 0 procs

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone about this today. It's been a weird bug to sort out but they're working on it.

    Thank you for the update.

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @WorldofBay.8160 said:
    on the sickle however, instead of having a 33% chance of getting fine materials it instead has a 33% chance of giving an additional loot of that plant.

    are you sure that isn't from something else like an item booster?

    just went through at least 100 nodes with 0 procs

    it actually didn't work for me today either but i had no different buffs on me when i posted. that said i currently have a streak of very lucky ore/wood harvests once getting 6 logs from 1 tree and mostly 4. it might've been coincidence ...

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Any chance (in the future) the gathering speed of the tools will be updated as well?
    Given we're now forced to use the volatile gather tool if we want an actual benefit,
    and can't use the molten tools without sacrificing speed.

    (it's a small thing, but the nuisance adds up over time)

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Bovan.9481Bovan.9481 Member ✭✭

    @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone about this today. It's been a weird bug to sort out but they're working on it.

    While this is being looked at, would it be possible to look at some tools not gathering as many times as some other tools? The one that effects me personally is the Skyscale Hatchling Logging Tool. It sometimes only chops trees twice while other tools always hit 3 times. It also doesn't always happen but it's very frustrating gathering in for example my home instance with the tool because it costs so much more time.

    I believe the norn spirit animal (not sure which one, the wolf I believe?) also sometimes has this issue.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bovan.9481 said:

    @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone about this today. It's been a weird bug to sort out but they're working on it.

    While this is being looked at, would it be possible to look at some tools not gathering as many times as some other tools? The one that effects me personally is the Skyscale Hatchling Logging Tool. It sometimes only chops trees twice while other tools always hit 3 times. It also doesn't always happen but it's very frustrating gathering in for example my home instance with the tool because it costs so much more time.

    I believe the norn spirit animal (not sure which one, the wolf I believe?) also sometimes has this issue.

    The correct number of gathers for everything is actually 4. Some might be more easily interruptable than others.

  • Bovan.9481Bovan.9481 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2021

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Bovan.9481 said:

    @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone about this today. It's been a weird bug to sort out but they're working on it.

    While this is being looked at, would it be possible to look at some tools not gathering as many times as some other tools? The one that effects me personally is the Skyscale Hatchling Logging Tool. It sometimes only chops trees twice while other tools always hit 3 times. It also doesn't always happen but it's very frustrating gathering in for example my home instance with the tool because it costs so much more time.

    I believe the norn spirit animal (not sure which one, the wolf I believe?) also sometimes has this issue.

    The correct number of gathers for everything is actually 4. Some might be more easily interruptable than others.

    I'm aware of it, but it technically ''hits'' 3 times with the 4th gather reward being added to the 3rd hit. The tools I'm talking about seem to have a issue with the cast times or animations and it sometimes only ''hits'' 2 times. So you need to gather an additional time to get the 3rd and 4th reward if that makes sense.

    It's extremely annoying, and quite frankly I'm not happy I paid real life money on the tool that effects me the most.