Soulbeast's runes :( (got it from the wiki)

Eleazar.9478

(1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +35 Power(3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +65 Power(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain toughness equal to 7% of your condition damage. 

Source - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Soulbeast

Really trying to see what build this could be used in, I ain't got nothing outside of a wvw build. In a perfect world this would be geared towards boon duration or condi duration and would be the first rune to interact with stances, really trying not to be a downer but seriously? at least rune of the druid interacts with druid skills, this is pretty lame (plz fellow rangers prove my scrubbness wrong if you can think of a build that could effectively use this cause to me it seems pretty haphazard and meh)

ps: theres runes for all the elite specs on the wiki and a few that are just new source https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/704ac5/all_the_new_specialization_runes_are_on_the_wiki/

I was really hoping for a rune that interacted with stances, given our only stance trait giving barely any benefit to the soulbeast when they're solo. That being said though, this does seem like an interesting set, and thematically it makes sense. When you don't have your pet out, there's one less target for enemies to... well, target. Meaning that you might want to be a bit tougher. Not every rune needs to be a "meta dps" rune, imo. That being said, I do agree that a rune that interacts with stances would have been much more exciting.

Edit: also kind of worth mentioning that the weaver rune also doesn't interact with stances. I wonder what's so special about stances as to allow very little synergy between them and your gear/traits/etc.?

@"ITheNormalPerson.9275" "kind of worth mentioning that the weaver rune also doesn't interact with stances. I wonder what's so special about stances as to allow very little synergy between them and your gear/traits/etc.?"Right? theres no rune interaction with stances at all (at least that we know of)"Not every rune needs to be a "meta dps" rune,"True but they should offer something interesting, Like you would think a boon duration/condi duration would be in a rune that had to do with soulbeast, as ranger lacks condi duration and the stances and alot of ranger traits are very boon reliant. (I really don't see this working all that well in pvp outside a super niche roaming build that could do more with a better rune, if active pet counts as a minion maybe necro could se use out of this?)

Some of the other (6) bonus's seem pretty good for Ranger.

Mirage - (6): Heal yourself when you successfully evade an attack. (Cooldown: 20s).Weaver - (6): Gain a barrier when you execute a leap combo finisher.Firebrand - (6): +20% Quickness Duration; when you use an elite skill, inflict burning on nearby enemies. (Cooldown: 45s)Renegade - (6): +7% Condition Damage

Oh, my GS for WvW is totally getting one of these for Remorseless/MoC build. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_SeveranceUpon interrupting an enemy, gain up to 250 precision and ferocity for 4 seconds, depending on level. (Cooldown: 1 second)

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" "WvW is totally getting one of these for Remorseless/MoC build. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_SeveranceUpon interrupting an enemy, gain up to 250 precision and ferocity for 4 seconds, depending on level. (Cooldown: 1 second)" Ya I was eyeing that one hard, I already run remorseless for solo roaming (zerker gear and rings and manders trinks use to run shouts now run ws/mm/nm) Pretty hyped for SoulBamf in that regard

Curious as to why toughness. As of now, there is no traitline synergy involving toughness and the only utility consumable that benefits from toughness is Magnanimous Tuning Crystal, but even then, it doesn't fit with the primary or secondary stat the runes provide.

Edit: Shouldn't the second part of the sixth bonus be an inverse of the first since toughness doesn't fit? That way, the rune has synergy with itself: "When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain power equal to 7% of your condition damage." Just spit-balling.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Curious as to why toughness. As of now, there is no traitline synergy involving toughness and the only utility consumable that benefits from toughness is Magnanimous Tuning Crystal, but even then, it doesn't fit with the primary or secondary stat the runes provide.

Edit: Shouldn't the second part of the sixth bonus be an inverse of the first since toughness doesn't fit? That way, the rune has synergy with itself: "When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain power equal to 7% of your condition damage." Just spit-balling.

It would be far better that way, toughness is next to useless in PvE and I can't see myself using these runes in WvW or PvP.

One more idea..."When you have an active pet, you and your pet gain condition damage equal to 5% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain Ferocity equal to 7% of your condition damage."

Don't understand why you need more defence as soulbeast and more offensive attributes as pet-ranger. It make more sense that you increase your defence with pet (changing to pet, when you need recover) and when you will burst your damage you need offensive attributes in your soulbeast form.

In addition it is very bad that one depends on power and the other depends on condition damage. To max this rune you need to max 2 attributes.

They really are trying these hybrid builds with PoF but this rune is = meh. It's still condi focused really for dmg. This i Zerker runes with a different 6; that is potentially more condi dmg AT TIMES. Then toughness when--- idk, this is weird imo but I am slow. Although it's not like most HoT class specific runes got much use (some niche, zerker most, chrono used to) so wasnt expecting these to either.

soulbeast runes might not be too good for us .. but at least superior rune of firebrand or mirage can actually work for us. ranger / soulbeast has lots of quickness.. and with a bit of extra condition dmg + burn application that could work. mirage runes heals when you evade an attack.. we got griffon stance + wilderness survival for 75 % endurance regeneration.I'm just so excited to build craft for soulbeast tbh.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Devs dont have to spend time fixing ranger weapon power scaling if you make people think they have to play condi... says my inner cynic

"You don't have to improve power weapons when everyone is using conditions..."

Too bad we can't be Guardian and awesome at everything.

you mean warrior: leaps, invulnerabilities, knockdowns and mass damage in one build :persevere:Ahh and forget about long resistance uptime for no condi damage or slowness

@Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Devs dont have to spend time fixing ranger weapon power scaling if you make people think they have to play condi... says my inner cynic

"You don't have to improve power weapons when everyone is using conditions..."

Too bad we can't be Guardian and awesome at everything.

you mean warrior: leaps, invulnerabilities, knockdowns and mass damage in one build :persevere:Ahh and forget about long resistance uptime for no condi damage or slowness

Well I mostly meant as in awesome at every game mode and has both very strong power and condition options.

Also king of loot generation.

If SB ends up as flat as I'm fearing, I may just put mine in storage jump ship now that mounts have solved the "slow classes" issue.

@Ghotistyx.6942 said:

@Warlyx.6732 said:Yeah i was expecting a power élite but not with that dagger weaponskills , or Sbeast traits =(It feels like rushed and all over the place

No, its just not what you want it to be. That doesn't make it rushed.

It does look somewhat rushed in places though.

• A lot of the traits are boring and/or don't fit in well. (they've been talked about a lot in the forums so I won't go through them again)
  • Very few new animations.
  • Some of the Stances are not great, Vulture and Moa are pretty meh and One Wolf Pack only works with power builds (odd since the spec gives a condition weapon).
  • Some traits don't work in Beastmode where similar traits do work. (easily fixed but still felt rushed during the demo)
  • No Beastmode pet swap. I felt like this was a necessary ability that was just not there either by design choice or time restraints.
  • No differing colours for the aura depending on pet Archetype. Why bother warning people you're in Beastmode if it gives no warning to watch out for specifics? "Hey, I'm in my Beastmode but I could be using offensive or defensive pets. You'll never know but here, look at my farts".
  • Dagger skills were not great, at all.

The spec wasn't awful, it played quite well in certain areas but that doesn't stop it from feeling rushed.

On topic: The Runes do not look appealing. If the stats focused on condition or power rather than both I might have considered them but as it is, they're useless to me.

Archived