fractals need heros or hench

virus.4370

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I am against a hero/henchman system like in GW1, but I do agree that collections should be solo-able (except Fractal based collections like fractal master)

i'm just on day 2 of waiting for a group just so i can make a tier 1 moot...it waste players time..we have to sit here for hours or day when we could be enjoying the game...alot of legendary weapons make you do fractals..

Can't remember having to wait for days to do a certain fractal...hyperbole much? I'd say, wait until your desired fractal is in the dailies somewhere and your lfg will fill in seconds.

Otherwise I'd be in for more choice and therefor a henchman system would be ok, as long as it's an alternative to group play and not leads to content designed for a group of 5 players and their team of 20+ henchmen.

@lokh.2695 said:Can't remember having to wait for days to do a certain fractal...hyperbole much? I'd say, wait until your desired fractal is in the dailies somewhere and your lfg will fill in seconds.

Otherwise I'd be in for more choice and therefor a henchman system would be ok, as long as it's an alternative to group play and not leads to content designed for a group of 5 players and their team of 20+ henchmen.

nah i tried yesterday for 3 hours..not a group to be found..and i was thinking you could only still have 5 players/hench..not both lol... now i have been on for 2 hours..still nothing.

@virus.4370 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Can't remember having to wait for days to do a certain fractal...hyperbole much? I'd say, wait until your desired fractal is in the dailies somewhere and your lfg will fill in seconds.

nah i tried yesterday for 3 hours..not a group to be found..and i was thinking you could only still have 5 players/hench..not both lol... now i have been on for 2 hours..still nothing.

you know you can just go do a level 3 for the item you need right ?

Its super easy to solo.

There are a few ways to do these kinds of things:

1) Solo the fractal. Often times you can solo the entire fractal or just the part of the fractal you need items for. Now for the Moot I, you need Jellyfish, which is problematic as it requires soloing the less-than-plesant aquatic fractal completely. It is still doable, but not as fun.2) Make a group. You have a decent chance of finding at least 1-2 other people for level 3 (there are still people doing fractals for the first time!), and you really don't need more than that. Do not wait for someone else to make a group - there are usually a number of people checking the LFG, but very few willing to press "create a group" button.3) Call a few friends in - once again, to do a level 3 fractal you don't need a lot.4) Wait until recommended or daily fractal. This might take longer, but sooner or later you will get it as either a daily recommended fractal or daily fractal type. Then you will have a fairly large number of people doing it, even if its tier 1.

@virus.4370 said:i get tired of waiting hours or days for groups ..for fractals peopel don't want to do. When i'm making a legendary. so we need choices either hench/hero's like gws 1 or a collection choice we can solo.

There are simpler ways to address the stated issue than creating an entirely new complex mechanic that would require ANet to rebalance encounters and rewards, open up a can of worms about hero/hench generally, and hamper development of new fractals by adding overhead.

@Zania.8461 listed several: solo, start your own LFG, ask for help from friends or /map, or wait until the fractal you need is a daily.Another alternative: offer to pay someone to do the run for you.

Hench/Heroes might or might not be a good idea for GW2, but this isn't the argument that will convince ANet that they should rethink it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@virus.4370 said:i get tired of waiting hours or days for groups ..for fractals peopel don't want to do. When i'm making a legendary. so we need choices either hench/hero's like gws 1 or a collection choice we can solo.

There are simpler ways to address the stated issue than creating an entirely new complex mechanic that would require ANet to rebalance encounters and rewards, open up a can of worms about hero/hench generally, and hamper development of new fractals by adding overhead.

@Zania.8461 listed several: solo, start your own LFG, ask for help from friends or /map, or wait until the fractal you need is a daily.Another alternative: offer to pay someone to do the run for you.

Hench/Heroes might or might not be a good idea for GW2, but this isn't the argument that will convince ANet that they should rethink it.

I think Anet will eventually implement instance scaling mechanism considering how big your party is. I mean, at some point the game is going to die, it's inevitable. So to keep things going longer for die hard fans such function is probably better idea than heroes/henchmen system :)

I would love to have some heroes/henchies for instanced content, fractals and mostly dungeons. I like to explore a lot but this behavior irritates most other players who want to go to the rewards quickly. Sometimes I stay in an instance after the group finished but for a lone player it is hard to survive.

It is also nice to experience the story of the dungeons without bugging other players with the delays.

@Mourningcry.9428 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I usually get a fractal group in the first 6 to 10 mins of putting an lfg depending on the time.

Yes... but you're not doing it for the Moot collection, are you? Coincidence? I think not....

Well i did make a bunch of legendaries in the last 3 months so idk usually the fractals i need i do when they are daily or just make a group for them. Idk how moot is any diff rly.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Mourningcry.9428 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I usually get a fractal group in the first 6 to 10 mins of putting an lfg depending on the time.

Yes... but you're not doing it for the Moot collection, are you? Coincidence? I think not....

Well i did make a bunch of legendaries in the last 3 months so idk usually the fractals i need i do when they are daily or just make a group for them. Idk how moot is any diff rly.

Well, obviously it is entirely due to it being the moot... otherwise why would no one else be experiencing the same problem as OP?

*hint - /s

Archived