Mystic Coins and Winter's Presences...

Update:As of right now Wintersday Gifts can drop superior Mischief needed. Anecdotally it seems to be about 1 : 2,000 chance? Much lower than what I'd expect for it being listed in the rare table.No one posting in this thread has found a renewing source of superior Snowfall, however. Which means once the TP is depleted, players will have to use the Mystic Forge to create them.

Unlike Mischief, apparently snowfall works on a bases of 2 runes vs 4 sigils. So the original calculation was wrong, assuming the wiki is still correct on numbers as it hasn't been updated with the 2017 snowflakes.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Minor_Rune_of_Snowfallhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Minor_Sigil_of_Mischief

Should players craft in the "from scratch" manner, that will take 200 minor snowfall. (2 gold, 8silver, and 100, 800karma) which can only be vendor purchased during Wintersday.Crunching them up to make superior runes will take an additional 300 mystic coins, to make the skin total be 450 mystic coins if done in this manner.

Of course there is the original long pole/gold sink part of the skin which is 10,000 drinks.

12-15-2017 Apparently no one bothered to double check my math and what it takes. Glad I did even if it is a little late.

Original:So how do people go about getting Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall now?

Every item that they used to drop from (that I'm aware of) no longer drops.The vendor of wintersday stuff seems to only have minors of these runes/sigils.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Mischief_(rare)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Snowfallhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnanimous_Obsidian_Crystal

So at this point, that is 150 Mystic Coins. Ok, fun skin I can deal. (btw, at time of posting they are going between 1-3 gold if you look at the buy for and sell for.)

So the only way I see now is to up convert from the buy able minors. (TP has a limited number it looked like.)

4 minors + 4 coins + 4 tiny snowflakes (was that recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust. = 1 major.
4 majors + 4 coins + 4 pristine snowflakes (again was this recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust = 1 sup.so that is 20 coins for just one sup.Oh wait.. you need FIFTY sup runes/sigils...So to make just one essence that is 1050 coins for just one essence.

In total it would take 2,150 coins to make Winters Presences now. (remember my comment about how much coins are going for?)

Two thousand one hundred fifty mystic coins....

So really, please point out where I'm wrong, how it can be reasonably done differently, or did ANET not think things through again?I really just want to know just what the heck am I missing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Every year people try to claim something is broken and every year, the price starts high (because people are impatient) and then drops as folks open tons of presents.

OP was under the assumption that the presents no longer dropped these items, and under that assumption this is an extremely valid concern to raise immediately (seriously, that's as many MC as you need for 10 legendary weapons). That said I also believe that there was a problem last year with these items not dropping iirc? Or maybe I am confused and that never happened?

Difference is guys Superior Sigils/Runes of Mischief and Snowfall used to drop like candy, from Cold Weather Conqueror’s Superior Selection, which was removed from the game. That and the price of Mystic Coins back when Winter’s Presence was introduced, was about 23s. It cost me about 15g to make either of the Essences you need for WInter’s Presence.

Edit! But at the time, it would have cost ~1000g for the 10k drinks. So prices have fluctuated, but the overall value has remained between 900-1200g. Guess my decision to wait to finish the Masterful Toast paid off, no way I was clicking every single drink, and then waiting for WD to kick off tanked the price by 50%. (Spent ~250g to finish the drinks, I had to buy about 9k)

@"Sojourner.4621" said:If you preview wintersday gifts, Sigil of Mischief drops from those. I am not certain about Runes of Snowfall at the moment... mischief is very attainable. Also, no forge recipes now require lesser snowflakes, so at minimum the recipe would have been updated to include the new snowflake currency.

Which gifts please.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Gifthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personalized_Wintersday_Gift

I don't see them at all listed. Now the wiki might need updating, but I know I opened up over 200 Wintersday Gifts an no runes/sigils at all. You'd think at that number I'd have at least some minor ones even if it was in single digits.

Illconceived Was Na, you normally have more thoughtful responses than assuming I'm just impatient. I finally was only able to this year make the JP after anet made changes. So I figured I'd look into what was left to actually complete it to see if it was worth my time or not. So I'm not jumping up and down in frustration, I'm more just flabergasted with what I came up with after looking things over for an hour, which is why I am ASKING if I was right or not.

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

@"Sojourner.4621" said:If you preview wintersday gifts, Sigil of Mischief drops from those. I am not certain about Runes of Snowfall at the moment... mischief is very attainable. Also, no forge recipes now require lesser snowflakes, so at minimum the recipe would have been updated to include the new snowflake currency.

Which gifts please.

I don't see them at all listed. Now the wiki might need updating, but I know I opened up over 200 Wintersday Gifts an no runes/sigils at all. You'd think at that number I'd have at least some minor ones even if it was in single digits.

Illconceived Was Na, you normally have more thoughtful responses than assuming I'm just impatient. I finally was only able to this year make the JP after anet made changes. So I figured I'd look into what was left to actually complete it to see if it was worth my time or not. So I'm not jumping up and down in frustration, I'm more just flabergasted with what I came up with after looking things over for an hour, which is why I am ASKING if I was right or not.

Just use the preview option for wintersday gifts in game, it clearly shows mischief sigils on the loot table.

Play the game, not the wiki.

@Wanze.8410 said:Just use the preview option for wintersday gifts in game, it clearly shows mischief sigils on the loot table.Play the game, not the wiki.

Hard to play the game when I'm at work, so I work with the tools I have.Preview did not exist for me last night. After this latest patch (that I just came home to) it now does. So I could not preview last night. I tried.You are unclear of which mischief sigil exists. So your information is still misleading as your wording would seem to indicate minor, major, and sup mischief would be present.

So now that I am home and preview worksOnly the Superior Sigil of Generosity and Superior Sigil of Mischief are in the tables. No other runes or sigils.

This now reduces the count of Mystic Coins to 1,150.Do we have to craft up the Super Rune of Snowfall now if the TP doesn't have what is needed?

note: personalized gifts have no runes or sigils.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Difference is guys Superior Sigils/Runes of Mischief and Snowfall used to drop like candy, from Cold Weather Conqueror’s Superior Selection, which was removed from the game. That and the price of Mystic Coins back when Winter’s Presence was introduced, was about 23s. It cost me about 15g to make either of the Essences you need for WInter’s Presence.

so back in the day it was easy and now its SUPER expensive, way more then a couple legendaries. got it.

@Wanze.8410 said:

Which gifts please.

Just use the preview option for wintersday gifts in game, it clearly shows mischief sigils on the loot table.

Play the game, not the wiki.

but fix the wiki when you see errors for the community and those that come after you.

@lockheedlight.5910 said:Was Winter's Presence not hard enough with 10,000 drinks? Now it costs a fortune for the Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall? I really wanted to finally make the winter's presence this year. I even saved up 500 gold. Now I am back to being not even close. Come on Anet...

i would hope u can make it after Wintersday when prices drop a little. but who knows if it will now things have been discontinued. looks like the jp and drinks aren't the hardest thing to achieve anymore :(

5 years in still haven't finished this yet and will probs be another 5 :(

@Jackospades.4802 said:I made it on year one and yes the sigils were much cheaper but the drinks were a lot more expensive. I'm not sure how the math balances out but I thought I would just raise the point.

the point that it was easier before if u farmed the heck out of collecting wintersday gifts for drinks vs now its waay more expensive and you still have to farm the heck outta the gifts for drinks? okay.

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Jackospades.4802 said:I made it on year one and yes the sigils were much cheaper but the drinks were a lot more expensive. I'm not sure how the math balances out but I thought I would just raise the point.

the point that it was easier before if u farmed the heck out of collecting wintersday gifts for drinks vs now its waay more expensive and you still have to farm the heck outta the gifts for drinks? okay.

<ou could have bought the 50 sigils and runes all year long for a low price.

@Kelly.7019 said:

@lockheedlight.5910 said:Was Winter's Presence not hard enough with 10,000 drinks? Now it costs a fortune for the Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall? I really wanted to finally make the winter's presence this year. I even saved up 500 gold. Now I am back to being not even close. Come on Anet...

i would hope u can make it after Wintersday when prices drop a little. but who knows if it will now things have been discontinued. looks like the jp and drinks aren't the hardest thing to achieve anymore :(

5 years in still haven't finished this yet
and will probs be another 5 :(

Cool story. It only got introduced 2 years ago.

Archived