Which classes will get the Longbow and/or the Rifle as next expac weapon?

Eniam.8540

Yeah I don't see mesmer getting it, cuz greatsword and staff are both already 1200 range. Ranger already has longbow at 1500, so rifle would be redundant or would be a condi weapon, which would piss off everyone who wants rifle on ranger (I don't care tbh). Ele I think has the best shot of actually picking up one of these, especially since its two elites so far emphasize close range.

• 3 weeks later...

@bearshaman.3421 said:Yeah I don't see mesmer getting it, cuz greatsword and staff are both already 1200 range. Ranger already has longbow at 1500, so rifle would be redundant or would be a condi weapon, which would kitten off everyone who wants rifle on ranger (I don't care tbh). Ele I think has the best shot of actually picking up one of these, especially since its two elites so far emphasize close range.

Mesmer use GREATSWORD for ranged weapon, i can definitely see mesmer use LONGBOW for melee purpose, so much delusion...

@KronosBaelfire.6289 said:I'm surprised the ranger still hasn't gotten access to the rifle. Even more surprised the thief class beat us to it!

That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm more surprised they didn't get a sniper elite in HoT. Deadeye was so obvious an elite it should have been the first one they got... Especially since they didn't have anything at 1200 range.

@Blue.1207 said:

@Amineo.8951 said:I think Mesmer will get a Power spec with Longbow.

I would love that, although I can't see it happening when we already have greatsword as a long ranged power option.

GS on Mes is ranged as is Scepter is to Melee on Guardian.I can see mesmer getting longbow easily.

You forgot mesmer also has staff. Two 1200 range weapons, one power one condi. what place would longbow take? A melee weapon, as @Crossaber.8934 jokingly mentioned?

Engi feels the rightest for me. (Is rightest an word?) aoe range longbow i think.With ranger maybe, but i dislike the rifle ranger. What should the rifle bring? Make sense to have aoe range because ranger currently dont have that. But a rifle with aoe feels weird.

But personally i hope for my rifle Necro! No idea what it can bring, but it would be really cool :-)(Oh and short bow for Ele plz, Dragons Dogmas Magic Archer!)

Archived