What is this Deadeye S/D pvp build going around?

omgdracula.6345

@"omgdracula.6345" said:I think it may be similar to this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Deadeye_-_Marauder_S/D could anyone say ya or nay to this build?

Interesting build. I do not PvP but use a DE build on an s/d loadout in WvW. I never went the stealth route with it choosing instead to focus on quickness using Basi and Binding Shadow. (I also take BOA over ToTc). I would be interested in how well this build uses its stealth access and how key that is to the build. S/d means they do not need the steal ports as a gap closer which helps with the DE spec lack of port to on steal.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I've been playing a build in WvW that's basically S/D core with daredevil over deadly arts and rifle over shortbow. Might be something similar.

It's a fun build, not at all the best thief can do but it can put out some decent damage and I enjoy it so hey.

Might want to check what you wrote there.

I too would like to run both deadeye and daredevil on the same build!

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:I've been playing a build in WvW that's basically S/D core with daredevil over deadly arts and rifle over shortbow. Might be something similar.

It's a fun build, not at all the best thief can do but it can put out some decent damage and I enjoy it so hey.

Might want to check what you wrote there.

Haha, thanks, I constantly get the words daredevil and deadeye mixed up. Is it too much to ask for an elite spec with a different first letter lol >.<

This is what I've been running in WvW: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYUn0MBFOhlOB+OBUGjFsCrLAEdyR83x+4h0LDcB6AA-jlCEQBI8QAsFlgXUpRCOCA+T9HA8AAewJAIF7P0ElZuTfwmhAgJFwqKVVVlUA6pMC-w

Using rifle to poke and stack might, then swap to S/D to punish the inevitable blocks and reflects. Sigils are chosen to give as much might duration on the swap to S/D as possible. If you have quickness from mark (which swindler's equilibrium guarantees will be ready), bloodlust stacks and 25 might that larcenous strike hits with 3.95k power behind it, messes people up who don't see it coming. Sometimes I run durability runes and cavalier ammy and rings, if there's a lot of daredevils (got it right this time) pressuring me, and I swap the first two traits of deadeye around a lot depending on how many I'm fighting. Like I say, daredevil is prob more effective, but I find this fun at the moment.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@"omgdracula.6345" said:I think it may be similar to this
could anyone say ya or nay to this build?

Interesting build. I do not PvP but use a DE build on an s/d loadout in WvW. I never went the stealth route with it choosing instead to focus on quickness using Basi and Binding Shadow. (I also take BOA over ToTc). I would be interested in how well this build uses its stealth access and how key that is to the build. S/d means they do not need the steal ports as a gap closer which helps with the DE spec lack of port to on steal.

I'm always curious about your builds. Can you post that build?

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Sure thing. It not the usual build you see but It works very well in roaming WvW. It a boon duration build and to maximize I went into the lines offering the most boons (You can sub in CS over TR or Acro but I found this works better all round)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsY6an0MBFPh9OB2FD8PhFwCzLAEBaA8px44dsrkEcSRA-jlCBQBnUJY/2fIP6BwiyPAcCAo4BBQnPAgHq+TDOCAGSzApAGblG-w

This is the build I generally roam with. I do switch up slightly time to time dependent on whether I solo or in a group but the changes are minor. I found with ACRO I can get the best of the Daredevil build (UC) with the high boon duration and using don't stop. The quickness is what is real sweet in S/d especially if you got a bit of might stacked via p/p then swap over using the Concentration sigil to boost it higher. (Use p/p for might THEN mark and switch. You can use Quick pockets here as well garnering INI from the steal and the swap and the mark quickness will be close to 8 full seconds)

Generally using the sigils of concentration the times you get on those boons higher then is listed on the link page. The fact your Ferocity/power lower then many power thief builds is made up for with the might stacking from pistols and the long quickness durations. Condition cleanse is solid. Binding shadow gives a source of poison you would otherwise not have. I suspect if in PvP there might be a greater use for SB over the p/p.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Sure thing. It not the usual build you see but It works very well in roaming WvW. It a boon duration build and to maximize I went into the lines offering the most boons (You can sub in CS over TR or Acro but I found this works better all round)

This is the build I generally roam with. I do switch up slightly time to time dependent on whether I solo or in a group but the changes are minor. I found with ACRO I can get the best of the Daredevil build (UC) with the high boon duration and using don't stop. The quickness is what is real sweet in S/d especially if you got a bit of might stacked via p/p then swap over using the Concentration sigil to boost it higher. (Use p/p for might THEN mark and switch. You can use Quick pockets here as well garnering INI from the steal and the swap and the mark quickness will be close to 8 full seconds)

Generally using the sigils of concentration the times you get on those boons higher then is listed on the link page. The fact your Ferocity/power lower then many power thief builds is made up for with the might stacking from pistols and the long quickness durations. Condition cleanse is solid. Binding shadow gives a source of poison you would otherwise not have. I suspect if in PvP there might be a greater use for SB over the p/p.

Haha, and I thought I was the only one mad enough to run Leadership runes on Deadeye in WvW. Tops out at 46% Boon Duration though on my build. All those boons are pretty fun... Especially Quickness. Although I do have more success on my usual S/D Core build.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

Haha, and I thought I was the only one mad enough to run Leadership runes on Deadeye in WvW. Tops out at 46% Boon Duration though on my build. All those boons are pretty fun... Especially Quickness. Although I do have more success on my usual S/D Core build.

Core works very welland either CS or DA can be used in place of DE. It my opinion Core s/d better then Daredevil S/d. You really do not need the extra dodge and a lott of the rest of what you get is redundant. As to DE over CS or DA I just like the early advantage garnered via the stun on mark and quickness on opener and it real sweet when Perfectionist kicks in. That quickness makes the s/d set just feel so much smoother.

I also like the way being marked can change an opponents gameplay. In smaller groups some will run in circles or just start fleeing once the mark on.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Wow, Wanderer with Leadership rune.

I'm more of a CS fan and TR is not necessary for DE, IMO, also since the build is using Severance, CS will provide more damage. Of course, I see why you pick TR given that this is a WvW roaming build and Quickness will make up for the loss of damage potential from CS. I also think that this build might work better with S/P given that Severance triggers on interrupts and Lead Attacks buffs PW very well. Plus, I 've already found that Quickness and PW are like a marriage made in heaven. That Wanderer+Leadership is an interesting combination though. Having that much boon duration buff surely makes CS unnecessary if you can keep Might stacks longer and prevent it from being stolen or corrupted. I also love Trickster and Lead Attacks so, despite my urge to change TR to CS, I do believe that this is a solid build. I like it. Thanks.

@Asur.9178 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I do not PvP but use a DE build on an s/d loadout in WvW.

Yet you always find the need to argue with people about balance and try act like you know better, especially with those that DO PvP. That's very interesting...yet NOT shocking at all.

More Ad Hominem. I really think you have personal issues. Again just because you cannot get a build to work for you, it not my problem.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Wow, Wanderer with Leadership rune.

I'm more of a CS fan and TR is not necessary for DE, IMO, also since the build is using Severance, CS will provide more damage. Of course, I see why you pick TR given that this is a WvW roaming build and Quickness will make up for the loss of damage potential from CS. I also think that this build might work better with S/P given that Severance triggers on interrupts and Lead Attacks buffs PW very well. Plus, I 've already found that Quickness and PW are like a marriage made in heaven. That Wanderer+Leadership is an interesting combination though. Having that much boon duration buff surely makes CS unnecessary if you can keep Might stacks longer and prevent it from being stolen or corrupted. I also love Trickster and Lead Attacks so, despite my urge to change TR to CS, I do believe that this is a solid build. I like it. Thanks.

I do also carry an extra pistol in the build and used s/p for a time but found I was sticking more and more to s/d. What I found is that while I took Trickster in lieu of BT , I did find it desirable to steal boons now an then and s/p did not allow that.

The timing of my weapon swaps are intended to make the best of durations on the various boons so those might stacks off the p/p set carry over for the duration of time in the S/d set. The main reason I found I preferred TR over CS was as you deduced the added quickness. Without the lower cooldown on Haste and the quickness off BOA, i get significantly less quickness uptime. CS would certainly extend Fury and Might durations which that line provides but I have ample access to these boons via other means.

That all said there is something to be said for getting a P/w channel off while under quickness. It works very well with IP or No Quarter.

I also use sw/d as my second set to the Rifle, but this is for WvW only. However, I went the stealth way, using SA as one of the traitlines.

I can pretty much knock out people quickly, but 7 Times out of 10, the target will have just enough to get away. That’s why Swd/d shines. You can shadow step right to them with sw2, and then throw a crippling dagger to slow them.

I also carry the traditional sb for moving around, and on occasion do a dag/dag for the aesthetics.

I haven't been able to play more than a few days since the expansion came out, but here is an s/p rifle build I've been messing around with.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaUn0MBFOhlOBGPBUGjFkCjrBEAWA8XyOZp0LGEE6BA-jVSBQBJU9nMq8iAHCAj9AAyn+ATqEUJ7PcFlIA4MAEAAB4mBAIFgeKjA-w

It seems to do okay as a vulture +1 in pvp, functions fairly well for taking camps and roaming in wvw, but like I said, I haven't been around to really test it. The general idea is to use SA and stealth to carry defense, then use might stacking off the rifle and malice for heavy burst. I would appreciate it if anyone wants to give some tuning feedback or test it more, since I can't be around to play much myself for the near future.

@"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:I haven't been able to play more than a few days since the expansion came out, but here is an s/p rifle build I've been messing around with.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaUn0MBFOhlOBGPBUGjFkCjrBEAWA8XyOZp0LGEE6BA-jVSBQBJU9nMq8iAHCAj9AAyn+ATqEUJ7PcFlIA4MAEAAB4mBAIFgeKjA-w

It seems to do okay as a vulture +1 in pvp, functions fairly well for taking camps and roaming in wvw, but like I said, I haven't been around to really test it. The general idea is to use SA and stealth to carry defense, then use might stacking off the rifle and malice for heavy burst. I would appreciate it if anyone wants to give some tuning feedback or test it more, since I can't be around to play much myself for the near future.

Want some better damage output? Get rid of the Trickery dependency. That’s all I’m going to say. ;)

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:I haven't been able to play more than a few days since the expansion came out, but here is an s/p rifle build I've been messing around with.

Want some better damage output? Get rid of the Trickery dependency. That’s all I’m going to say. ;)

Trickery has been pretty nice there but I'd go with classic Thrill, Bountiful, Sleight and then you can shift around stuff in SA and DE whenever. Bountiful Theft and Rending shade along with Sleight of Hand, Unforgiving, and Be Quick is a nice opener. I still like to mess around with DA because that's a fun build also but I would call Trickery a solid choice with DE rather than a dependency.

Archived