World Restructuring - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

World Restructuring

Comments

• Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

My concern is honestly in transferring. It would have to be a harsher restriction than it currently is, simply for the fact that server transfers/world linking is what got us into this mess of imbalance in the first place. I get that there will be people impacted in the sense that their friend is on "Server A" and they are currently on "Server E", but give them a chance before the system goes live to decide if they want to play with that friend or guilds. I just feel that the overall impact of having no transfers will overall outweigh the cons of not being able to have one or two friends come play with you. But that's just my initial thoughts.

• These changes are really good, I'm looking forward to them. I assume people will be assigned random worlds when they start with GW2? If not, how does the game determine if a player is french/spanish/german? Ingame language?

Also will the matchup system stay at 1up1down with these new changes, or will we get a new system?

• SugarCayne.3098SugarCayne.3098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Endelon.1042 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:
    Sorry this is terrible. You are catering to guilds and ignoring your larger playerbase.

This is not a smart business model.

The larger WvW playerbase is the guilds. Who are the people tagging and leading WvW zergs? There's not many random, unaffiliated people that are tagging a lot anymore. If you're interested in really playing WvW more than just a casual participant for Gift of Battle then it's not unreasonable to join a WvW guild which, again, most have no real requirements.

It isn’t though. Organized guilds are a fraction of the overall playerbase.

Most belong to smaller guilds or none.

It completely ignores the mechanism of defensive teams.

• Glad for the change finally happening. WvW shake up can be nice and not have one server control everything.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endelon.1042 said:
    Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

There-in lies the problem with alliances. No one should be able to kick a guild, form a new alliance if you don't like it.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@KOPPER.1458 said:
    Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:
    Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

There-in lies the problem with alliances. No one should be able to kick a guild, form a new alliance if you don't like it.

Well, I don't think the original thread explained how that might work so that's why I asked. Maybe it would require a majority vote from guild leaders or something.

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

Doesn’t matter. It’ll be hubris. Especially when the forums explode.

At least we have the option as consumers.

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

Well, I don't think the original thread explained how that might work so that's why I asked. Maybe it would require a majority vote from guild leaders or something.

That would be....., destructive

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Do WvW alliances have a hardcap of guilds aswell? I.e. could I create an alliance with 500 1-man wvw guilds?

• Reema.7360Reema.7360 Member ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

Language barriers concern me quite a bit here. It wasn't mentioned in the opening post, and there are a lot of players who do not speak English in WvW (usually on the lower tiers, but well...)

• @lksaar.8065 said:
    Do WvW alliances have a hardcap of guilds aswell? I.e. could I create an alliance with 500 1-man wvw guilds?

Riddle, is that you?

• SugarCayne.3098SugarCayne.3098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Celsith.2753 said:
    The majority of people I know, including myself, are in multiple wvw guilds. I have one for zerging and one for smaller group play. Some have more than that, for zerging, for different time zones, for different activity.
    People in my guild are in multiple guilds for the above reasons, and not all in the same alternative guilds either, so simply allying with other guilds we are in isn't going to keep people together.
    This is going to destroy some guilds, most likely the smaller ones. A change is needed to happen but this wouldn't be my choice and may lead to a population drop if those left behind decide it's not worth continuing to play.
    Not to mention that changing worlds every 8 weeks is going to destroy any feeling of community that is left. The smaller servers that became link worlds already complain about this and now you extend that to everyone :/

Maybe that’s what Anet wants ..to be finally rid of the demands from wvw players.

This feels like a shortsighted money-grab. Lots of income from server transfers ... every eight weeks.

• elkirin.8534elkirin.8534 Member
    edited February 1, 2018

I am a solo remainder in an old wvw guild, I have 5 guilds ( 4 storage) and am NOT interested in dropping a guild to join an alliance. This does seem to be a popular change and I hope it brings enjoyment to many players.

While I am not in favour of losing server identity, I do realise the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Farewell SoS .

I will try the new system but have no history of staying in any online world that removes servers.

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

Essentially the battlegroup proposal. I'm so happy with this change. Well done anet. Thank you for listening and realising exactly what the problems in the system are.

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

Sounds like a great idea on the surface, but the first thing I was thinking when you said "WvW Guild" was that our guild would probably classify itself as PvX or at least have that option available to us. The same goes for WvW alliance, really.

Using guilds and/or alliances to make up worlds sounds like an amazing idea to me. On the other hand, we (our guild) have a sort of alliance going from GW1, with other guilds sort of interested in an alliance system, even if WvW isn't really any focus of these guilds.

What I want to say with all this is, an alliance system based on size limitations, and a WvW guild classification requirement in order to play WvW together with your guild, even though your guild might not be an really dedicated WvW guild, will run into expectation problems.

An idea could be to link a maximum of x guilds in an alliance, which then can form wvw-teams, like you can for PvP. That seems to me a way more modular system, where the sole focus of an alliance system doesn't necessarily need to be focused on WvW, while still having that all important functionality that WvW, imo, needed when megaservers became a thing. Even if I can understand why you might not want to put energy and resources into a guild system that works for the entirety of the game rather than just for maybe 1/3rd of the game. It will definitely be harder, I'd imagine, even if I believe that to be entirely worth it, as Guilds right now in PvE don't really seem to have any sort of cohesion with megaservers, let alone with a system where guilds aren't tied to servers at all anymore.

I do like those moments when I see that guild tag that you know is (or was) one of the guilds on your server, even if they are PvE guilds. Which makes me further aware, that even if WvW is the only place where you really belong to a world, removing those does affect the whole landscape of the game and not just WvW.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

@Kerall.7390 said:
    Well, not optimistic about the effects this will have on WvW. I'd love to be proven wrong. But this looks like it will destroy communities.

Thats going to ruin wvw for a lot of people, this essentially makes it meaningless as there is no reason to play for your server. No reason to defend, upgrade, scout, or do anything. It will basically turn into an eotm style ktrain.

I guess they want everyone to do nothing but trade towers for karma.
    Prepare for the greatest exploitation of this game (and game format) to date.
    The T1 guilds are just going to ally with themselves or create 1-5 mega guilds so that they can stack on the same world.
    Pretty much all the militia folks, regardless of skill and play time, will end up in no man's land. I should not have to join a mega (forced 100% rep) wvw guild to play...but it's gonna happen. Guess us militia folks will play in the basement tier and ktrain too.

And those guilds will force rep, as during the next 8weeks, you will be left behind

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Is the setting to be a WvW guild independant from the Guild Mission settings? I want to play WvW with my guild mates but still being able to do PvE missions with my other guild mates that don't play WvW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.