World Restructuring - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

World Restructuring

Comments

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

Will there be some sort of individual player rankings as well as guilds ( like a leader board)? IF not , then how would you be able to determine if an alliance or particular world isn't going to end up with more knowledgeable players? Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but who ends up carrying the less knowledgeable players? How does the sorting work? Also, I didn't see anything about rewards for winners, will there be any?

• First off I'm glad y'all are getting ideas on the table. It feels like there's been too much silence but with the dev interaction in the thread I hope things can change.
    I've read through everything and have talked with my fellow guildies and once issue I have seems to be the size of alliances. 1000 players seems just too much and seems like itll just create some degenerate gameplay that we see now with BG (not namecalling them, just saying what continues to happen with interactions isn't healthy). I believe having guilds specificy as wubwub specific is important but I believe it needs to be taken a smaller step further and possibly have more restrictions on player limits to help curb degenerate gameplay like trying to build a full coverage alliance but possibly with more rewards from guild missions buuuuuuuuuut I know the guild team may not be ready for such a thing yet.
    Also when will we have some optimizations on wubwub servers? Reset night in EBG is still a nightmare when you have 200+ people fighting inside SMC with skills coming out 10+ seconds later.

As a community I think we're all mostly happy with basically all the recent changes that are wubwub specific (ignoring class balancing) and we hope we keep hearing more from you.

Thanks!

• LF alliance

• Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

My concern is honestly in transferring. It would have to be a harsher restriction than it currently is, simply for the fact that server transfers/world linking is what got us into this mess of imbalance in the first place. I get that there will be people impacted in the sense that their friend is on "Server A" and they are currently on "Server E", but give them a chance before the system goes live to decide if they want to play with that friend or guilds. I just feel that the overall impact of having no transfers will overall outweigh the cons of not being able to have one or two friends come play with you. But that's just my initial thoughts.

• These changes are really good, I'm looking forward to them. I assume people will be assigned random worlds when they start with GW2? If not, how does the game determine if a player is french/spanish/german? Ingame language?

Also will the matchup system stay at 1up1down with these new changes, or will we get a new system?

• SugarCayne.3098SugarCayne.3098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Endelon.1042 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:
    Sorry this is terrible. You are catering to guilds and ignoring your larger playerbase.

This is not a smart business model.

The larger WvW playerbase is the guilds. Who are the people tagging and leading WvW zergs? There's not many random, unaffiliated people that are tagging a lot anymore. If you're interested in really playing WvW more than just a casual participant for Gift of Battle then it's not unreasonable to join a WvW guild which, again, most have no real requirements.

It isn’t though. Organized guilds are a fraction of the overall playerbase.

Most belong to smaller guilds or none.

It completely ignores the mechanism of defensive teams.

• Glad for the change finally happening. WvW shake up can be nice and not have one server control everything.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endelon.1042 said:
    Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

There-in lies the problem with alliances. No one should be able to kick a guild, form a new alliance if you don't like it.

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@KOPPER.1458 said:
    Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:
    Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

There-in lies the problem with alliances. No one should be able to kick a guild, form a new alliance if you don't like it.

Well, I don't think the original thread explained how that might work so that's why I asked. Maybe it would require a majority vote from guild leaders or something.

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

Doesn’t matter. It’ll be hubris. Especially when the forums explode.

At least we have the option as consumers.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

Well, I don't think the original thread explained how that might work so that's why I asked. Maybe it would require a majority vote from guild leaders or something.

That would be....., destructive

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.