Long live Staff Mesmer!

Lahmia.2193

@bart.3687 said:

@musu.9205 said:satff mirage will be fixed very soon , it is bugged . dont live in your dream

Curious, why is it bugged? What does it do?

Some people say that Chaos Vortex strikes one target multiple times on medium or large hitboxes. Can't confirm because I haven't tested it though.

It's still good on small targets so I don't care.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:What's thief AA chain got to do with mesmer staff? Also this update only focused on deadeye.

Pointing out, THIS will get fixed but things that should be getting fixed ABOVE this, wont be.

Thief's AA was buffed to high-heaven because of the asinine amount of powercreep after HoT launched, so that it could remain a viable option for Raids. If you want it toned down again, everything else has to be as well.

Actually, I'd be in favor of EVERYTHING being toned down. The last thing the game needs is to continue this cycle of powercreep it's been swept into.

Staff is all over the place at the moment. On one hand its doing less damage then it should because the bouncing of the auto attacks will probably not hit the enemy twice and staff clones still do vuln instead of torment . On the other you can get the ambush attack to hit the same enemy twice greatly increasing its damage.

Hard to say where it will end up when they finish with it.

Well looks like its just been heavily nerfed.

Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.

Axe now has torment though.

@Levetty.1279 said:Well looks like its just been heavily nerfed.

Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.

Axe now has torment though.

Staff will never be in a good spot until they get rid of the rng nature of it. Why they couldn’t have just fixed this bug without nerfing the durations on a condi weapon is beyond me. Maybe they’re going to move staff towards more support and will give us an improved chaos storm.

Archived