The conclusion from this patch

Anet honestly believes everything is fine so they decided to do no meaningful changes aside from another insufficient nerf to chronomancer.Everything that is not chronomancer apparently is completely fine guys and needed no changes at all.

Just like it used to be, a patch with massive amounts of irrelevant changes.

@"BeLZedaR.4790" said:Anet honestly believes everything is fine so they decided to do no meaningful changes aside from another insufficient nerf to chronomancer.Everything that is not chronomancer apparently is completely fine guys and needed no changes at all.

"Insufficient"??? They nerfed chronos offense 50% (well, 25%), and Restorative Illusions nerfed healing from shatters 62-35% (depending how many illusions)

So yeah... At high level matches we wont see much chronos anymore, but warriors and mirages trying to fight each other on side nodes (because SB has no other counters atm).

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@"BeLZedaR.4790" said:Anet honestly believes everything is fine so they decided to do no meaningful changes aside from another insufficient nerf to chronomancer.Everything that is not chronomancer apparently is completely fine guys and needed no changes at all.

"Insufficient"??? They nerfed chronos offense 50% (well, 25%), and Restorative Illusions nerfed healing from shatters 62-35% (depending how many illusions)

So yeah... At high level matches we wont see much chronos anymore, but warriors and mirages trying to fight each other on side nodes (because SB has no other counters atm).I think Restorative Illusions is actually unchanged for PvP. They are just simply using the PvP numbers for PvE as well (you can check the history of the skill on gw2wiki). Wording is a bit confusing though.

I still don't think phantasm damage was the main issue though.. Survivability is.

Seems like we simply had false expectations partially because there was no clear communication. Balance is to be expected only every 3 months after all and the skill split release was on march 27th - which was more relevant for PvP than many "real" balance patches.

Basically this was a PvE focused balance patch (but I couldn't care less for balance in raids), with underwater stuff (whatever...) and some reworks that I really appreciate. WvW only got the long overdue resistance conversion fix and PvP a Chronophantasma split that could help a bit by the looks of it. Btw less pressure from phantasms also means Chronos are (ever so slightly) easier to focus down :3 I really hope it does the trick.

I'm disappointed there wasn't anything else related to PvP meta builds. I believe there should be some urgency to fixing the rousing balanced stance bug and most importantly addressing Scourge's spam of huge blinking red circles of doom and headache (detrimental to PvP, game mode breaking for WvW). I certainly won't expect thorough PvP balance passes from "balance patches" anymore although I'll still be looking forward to the reworks. They often are quite exciting and well thought out conceptually (but dangerous for PvP balance).

Hopefully they are already working on the next set of PvP / WvW specific splits as clearly these are where balance for the relevant game modes happens. Honestly now that I think about it I'm quite happy there is a balance format that doesn't give a ... about pointless PvE balance!

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@Xca.9721 said:Ye no changes besides Chrono nerf.. oh wait, Druid got destroyed.I'm no expert in druid honestly, but how did druid get destroyed? Looking at the nerfs only 2 celestial healing skills got badly hit.

It's the main healing abilities for druid, one being the channeling aoe heal which actually differentiates the class from other side noders. But no more.

@Xca.9721 said:Ye no changes besides Chrono nerf.. oh wait, Druid got destroyed.I'm no expert in druid honestly, but how did druid get destroyed? Looking at the nerfs only 2 celestial healing skills got badly hit.

Well.....druid destroyed not only in pvp, but in pve also. It forces you to take another trait to be good at healing(and only in ca), while if you take it, it will cancel your role as a might bot.Still playable but still hard to efficient heal others.Conclusion is that they really destroy the class , at least at 50% of it...EDIT: As Xca saying next...others abilities nerfed too...

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

It's the main healing abilities for druid, one being the channeling aoe heal which actually differentiates the class from other side noders. But no more.

Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.

Well, massive nerfs to the CA skills and also nerfs to frost and sun spirit, call of the wild..

It's the main healing abilities for druid, one being the channeling aoe heal which actually differentiates the class from other side noders. But no more.You can take the new Lingering Light heal and then you actually have more healing. You lose out on Grace of the Land for more healing basically.

Well.....druid destroyed not only in pvp, but in pve also. It forces you to take another trait to be good at healing(and only in ca), while if you take it, it will cancel your role as a might bot.Still playable but still hard to efficient heal others.Conclusion is that they really destroy the class , at least at 50% of it...EDIT: As Xca saying next...others abilities nerfed too...But this is a pvp forum. It was really the time to nerf it in PvE anyways, it has greatly outperformed every single support and healing class in the game, which is anything but balanced. Druid had literally everything in pve and made, for example, fractals totally easy mode for anyone

@Xca.9721 said:Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.

Well, massive nerfs to the CA skills and also nerfs to frost and sun spirit, call of the wild..All that healing power in CA was moved to the Lingering Light trait (actually, even more). You lose out on might stacking for your team which was ridiculous anyways.Noone uses spirits in pvp.Call of the Wild.. well yes, this is a straight nerf.

All in all, I'm not sure if the pvp nerfs were really needed (was fairly balanced compared these days), but these changes will not destroy druid at all, just taking away a slight potential. As soon as chronomancers disappear druid will be one of the best side noders again.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Anet honestly believes everything is fine so they decided to do no meaningful changes aside from another insufficient nerf to chronomancer.Everything that is not chronomancer apparently is completely fine guys and needed no changes at all.

Keep in mind that this is a mid-season balance patch. It's not something major being made before a new season hits. But hey, at least the Med Kit has finally been reworked, right?

It's the main healing abilities for druid, one being the channeling aoe heal which actually differentiates the class from other side noders. But no more.You can take the new Lingering Light heal and then you actually have more healing. You lose out on Grace of the Land for more healing basically.

Well.....druid destroyed not only in pvp, but in pve also. It forces you to take another trait to be good at healing(and only in ca), while if you take it, it will cancel your role as a might bot.Still playable but still hard to efficient heal others.Conclusion is that they really destroy the class , at least at 50% of it...EDIT: As Xca saying next...others abilities nerfed too...But this is a pvp forum. It was really the time to nerf it in PvE anyways, it has greatly outperformed every single support and healing class in the game, which is anything but balanced. Druid had literally everything in pve and made, for example, fractals totally easy mode for anyone

@Xca.9721 said:Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.

Well, massive nerfs to the CA skills and also nerfs to frost and sun spirit, call of the wild..All that healing power in CA was moved to the Lingering Light trait (actually, even more). You lose out on might stacking for your team which was ridiculous anyways.Noone uses spirits in pvp.Call of the Wild.. well yes, this is a straight nerf.

All in all, I'm not sure if the pvp nerfs were really needed (was fairly balanced compared these days), but these changes will not destroy druid at all, just taking away a slight potential. As soon as chronomancers disappear druid will be one of the best side noders again.

Lingering Light is outgoing Healing only. So Druid is eating a flat nerf to all of its sustain regardless of how it's traited.

As people already stated, Lingering Light change is Outgoing healing only. All this does is pushing it a bit closer to a true support roll rather than a side-noder. In reality the self-sustain of the Druid was severely hamstrung this patch.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Lingering Light is outgoing Healing only. So Druid is eating a flat nerf to all of its sustain regardless of how it's traited.

I'm discovering that while the numbers look pretty rough on paper, the nerf wasn't really that bad in regards to PvP. All the nerfs are to base values, which were already bad to begin with. Druid always gained more healing from how those skills scale based off of healing power, not the base healing numbers. What this will affect is how playable low healing power builds are but druids on Mender's Amulet are mostly fine yet a bit less sustained/reset-ty than before.

As people already stated, Lingering Light change is Outgoing healing only. All this does is pushing it a bit closer to a true support roll rather than a side-noder. In reality the self-sustain of the Druid was severely hamstrung this patch.You guys are right, I missed that.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Anet honestly believes everything is fine so they decided to do no meaningful changes aside from another insufficient nerf to chronomancer.Everything that is not chronomancer apparently is completely fine guys and needed no changes at all.

Keep in mind that this is a mid-season balance patch. It's not something major being made before a new season hits. But hey, at least the Med Kit has finally been reworked, right?

You and I both know that they aren't going to do a more in depth balance patch this off season, this is all we will get for 3-4 months aside from maybe some bug fixes.

Archived