Swim Infusions - Relative Difference in Effect?

So, I have read that the base Swim Infusion +10 is essentially a +33% speed boost. Do we have any in game experimental data indication how much more each upgrade impacts this base +33%?

I know that the higher tier infusions largely don't exist yet, but do we at least know the difference of upgrading to a +15 one, for example?

Wiki haven't told what % for each infusion but...If +10 is +33%... I believe +30 is 99%...I believe +15 is around 50% if it follow that math pattern.

Maybe you can stack swiftness with the infusion to test it out?

! Fun fact:! You need 1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10 and around 24245 Gold for a +30 swim speed infusion! Holy kitten! do people really need that much swimming speed?! Even the ascended only have Core Tyria stats on it (no PoF and HoT stats) also you can get the ascended from very rare drop chance in the treasure box itself

99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into a living torpedo?Don't know about that. Seeing how everybody is using their mount to walk 5 meters, the game has devolved into a run and gun game enough already.What happened to taking your time and admiring things? Nope, gotta run there, collect that, jump here, collect this, skim hither, kill that, jackal thither, view vista and log out to play something else.

Sounds more like a chore to me than actually having fun, but if it makes the people happy.

@Plautze.6290 said:99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into living a torpedo?Don't know about that. Seeing how everybody is using their mount to walk 5 meters, the game has devolved into a run and gun game enough already.What happened to taking your time and admiring things? Nope, gotta run there, collect that, jump here, collect this, skim hither, kill that, jackal thither, view vista and log out to play something else.

Sounds more like a chore to me than actually having fun, but if it makes the people happy.

This is why im not working on it. Even 25% speed boost gives my character flailing animations and take away from the feel of swimming around. Plus i dont have 72 years to grind it all...

@"Plautze.6290" said:99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into a living torpedo?Don't know about that. Seeing how everybody is using their mount to walk 5 meters, the game has devolved into a run and gun game enough already.What happened to taking your time and admiring things? Nope, gotta run there, collect that, jump here, collect this, skim hither, kill that, jackal thither, view vista and log out to play something else.

I would expect that the usual "133% normal out of combat movement speed" limit still applies underwater, so you would only see further speed increase during combat.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Plautze.6290" said:99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into a living torpedo?Don't know about that. Seeing how everybody is using their mount to walk 5 meters, the game has devolved into a run and gun game enough already.What happened to taking your time and admiring things? Nope, gotta run there, collect that, jump here, collect this, skim hither, kill that, jackal thither, view vista and log out to play something else.

I would expect that the usual "133% normal out of combat movement speed" limit still applies underwater, so you would only see further speed increase during combat.

I hope you're right, but I fear that soon everybody will be zipping through the water like dolphins.At least, ANet saves itself the trouble to create UW mounts. I see what you did there :#

@Lankmaster.6507 said:So, I have read that the base Swim Infusion +10 is essentially a +33% speed boost.

That I find hard to believe. I have +15 infusions on all my characters, and it is never that fast, believe me.

It would be nice to finally get an official statement on those new infusions. They are keeping the stat details a secret, probably so that people wouldn't stop farming them like crazy?

@Plautze.6290 said:99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into a living torpedo?

Yup! At the tiny cost of spending around 100,000 gold at todays prices, you too can be a living torpedo! Oh, or you can do it the cheap way, and simply spend 750 years collecting the bubbles from the chests, by the latest math. :)

Off topic but I just realized last night that if they gave us underwater swim speed boosters, that could mean there's no need for an underwater mount (boo!). But of course the swim speed booster requires an ascended aqua breather which is never really necessary.

@"Wizler.8192" said:Off topic but I just realized last night that if they gave us underwater swim speed boosters, that could mean there's no need for an underwater mount (boo!). But of course the swim speed booster requires an ascended aqua breather which is never really necessary.

We actually used to have Swim Speed Boosters. They were eventually retired (which is fine with me because they were pretty much useless). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swim_Speed_Boost

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Trinnitty.8256 said:does speed boost like swiftness and superspeed stack with these infusions?

Its funny though, when you read swim speed 10 you assume it will give you 10% speed boost not 33%

Yes, but there is an overall cap.

Pretty sure they don't.After some rough testing it seemed like,

Swiftness was faster than a +15 infusion by a measurable amount.The infusion didn't seem to improve upon swiftness speed.

My tests were out of combat. Things may be different in combat just like superspeed is.

@Wizler.8192 said:Off topic but I just realized last night that if they gave us underwater swim speed boosters, that could mean there's no need for an underwater mount (boo!). But of course the swim speed booster requires an ascended aqua breather which is never really necessary.

@akenoyuki.8210 said:Wiki haven't told what % for each infusion but...If +10 is +33%... I believe +30 is 99%...I believe +15 is around 50% if it follow that math pattern.

Maybe you can stack swiftness with the infusion to test it out?

! Fun fact:! You need
1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10
and around
24245 Gold
for a +30 swim speed infusion! Holy kitten! do people really need that much swimming speed?! Even the ascended only have Core Tyria stats on it (no PoF and HoT stats) also you can get the ascended from very rare drop chance in the treasure box itself

Until they release the next expansion, Sea of Jade, which focuses on underwater content...Largos or becomes a playable class...

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Here’s something to watch. This was posted on Reddit. It’s a +16 swimspeed infusion. It doesn’t give % increase but it shows one person with the +16 infusion and one person with no infusion.

What I see from this is,

+16 infusion swimming distance in 40 secWithout infusion swimming distance in 44sec

The math is alittle confusing but I think it means the +16 infusion only swimming ~10% faster?

Without knowing their builds (unless that was in post?) It's hard to know if they had other influences like traits affecting them.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Here’s something to watch. This was posted on Reddit. It’s a +16 swimspeed infusion. It doesn’t give % increase but it shows one person with the +16 infusion and one person with no infusion.

What I see from this is,

+16 infusion swimming distance in 40 secWithout infusion swimming distance in 44sec

The math is alittle confusing but I think it means the +16 infusion only swimming ~10% faster?

Without knowing their builds (unless that was in post?) It's hard to know if they had other influences like traits affecting them.

I don’t recall anything said about traits, etc. and can’t find the original post. Presumably no traits since it’s supposed to be a comparison between having an infusion and not having one, but I don’t know for sure.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Here’s something to watch. This was posted on Reddit. It’s a +16 swimspeed infusion. It doesn’t give % increase but it shows one person with the +16 infusion and one person with no infusion.

What I see from this is,

I don’t recall anything said about traits, etc. and can’t find the original post. Presumably no traits since it’s supposed to be a comparison between having an infusion and not having one, but I don’t know for sure.

Ya I have seen all sorts of wild numbers pop up regarding the speeds these infusions actually grant. Seen some people say +10 is like +33% and +15 is +50% and so on. This vid, if no mistakes with traits were made, shows that the infusions are actually probably just +1:%1 ratio instead of some wildly fast swim speeds at the higher infusion ranks. Which has been my experience, +15 infusion, swiftness, both and the speed just seems to be slightly variable to the point that I doubt anyone with a movement speed trait, signet or swiftness will even notice the difference.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:99% more speed?! Making swimming a little faster is okay imho, but transforming everybody into a living torpedo?

Yup! At the tiny cost of spending around 100,000 gold at todays prices, you too can be a living torpedo! Oh, or you can do it the cheap way, and simply spend 750 years collecting the bubbles from the chests, by the latest math. :)

750 years? Better get started... B)

@Justine.6351 said:+16 infusion swimming distance in 40 secWithout infusion swimming distance in 44secThe math is a little confusing but I think it means the +16 infusion only swimming ~10% faster?

44-40=44 = (x)(44)4 ÷ 44 = x = 0.090909...(0.090909)(100)=9.09%

Assuming everything is properly measured, a +16 infusion would be granting just 9.1% more speed.

Knowing how Anet usually works, I don't think there is a linear 1/1 or any positive progression for the speed gained through the infusions. Most probably, they implemented a diminishing return format, where you can stack as many infusions as you want, but gain a little less with each one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the +20 infusion actually only gives 10% more speed.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Justine.6351 said:+16 infusion swimming distance in 40 secWithout infusion swimming distance in 44secThe math is a little confusing but I think it means the +16 infusion only swimming ~10% faster?

44-40=44 = (x)(44)4 ÷ 44 = x = 0.090909...(0.090909)(100)=9.09%

Assuming everything is properly measured, a +16 infusion would be granting just 9.1% more speed.

Knowing how Anet usually works, I don't think there is a linear 1/1 or any positive progression for the speed gained through the infusions. Most probably, they implemented a diminishing return format, where you can stack as many infusions as you want, but gain a little less with each one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the +20 infusion actually only gives 10% more speed.

Erm your math doesnt fit with how speed and time relates (i think). So no wonder its confusing. ^^Speed = distance / timeordistance = speed x time

Assuming the distance is the same Speed1 x time1 = speed2 x time2

assuming normal speed is 100%

100 x 44s = newspeed x 40s

makingnewspeed = (44x100)/40 = 110

Thus 10% faster than normal.Or what you calculated: the normal speed is 9.091% slower than the new speed.

@"Ardid.7203" said:Wouldn't it should be 100%=44? I just used the most basic equation there is to compare %s. (Which % of 44 is 4?)

Well then you basically calculate the amount of time less it takes. Since speed = distance PER time that means that 10% faster is 9.09% less time it takes you to cross the same distance.

To use a more real world example. Going 50km/h over 100km takes you 2 hoursgoing 100 km/h takes you 1 hour.If you go "2h = 100%" then 1 h is 50% less time while you go twice (200%) as fast or 100% faster.(or closer to the example:1km/h over 44 km is 44 hgoing 10% faster means 1.1km/h, which over 44 km is 40 h)

Archived