Killing Baltheazer former god of war as a charr character in Path of Fire.

In the Path of Fire we killed baltheazer the god of war and if you played a charr character imagine what all the charr back in Ascalon think now. The charr view deities human gods, titans, and other beings calming to be gods; as beings to fight and strive to kill. And if you killed baltheazer former god of war as a charr, it proves to the charr there point the deities can be fought and killed, and they be praising the male and female charr heroes as god slayers and with batheazer's death proof that not even the gods are invincible and further proving that humans are not the only ones who can supposedly slay gods.

Your English is a little to broken to understand, but your claim is that gods are not invincible.You're not wrong, but there's a lot more to it.A god appears invincible to mortals.The gods could fight the elder dragons, but not without destroying half the world.

Abaddon in GW1 was fought and killed, but he was bound and weakened.Balthazar wasn't even a God anymore at all.His domain was stripped from him by the other Gods, he was just a powerful spirit with a lot of magical energy from a Bloodstone and some of Jormag and Primordus.

In essence, to kill a wake God, you'd pretty much another wake God on your side and a very strong hazmat suit

@aspirine.6852 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:Nice Spoiler title btw......

Oh come on, its been almost a year ago, give how long anet takes per LS chapter ;)Inb4 Dumbledore dies and the ring gets destroyed

Perhaps you did not notice there seem to be a lot of new players recently..

I noticed. Bless the new incomes!

There also people who start reading harry potter for the first time now.I agree its not smart to put spoilers in titles, but on the other hand, its old news.Its the risk of not being there when stuff is new.

I always avoid the forums every time a new chapter is released

@aspirine.6852 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:Nice Spoiler title btw......

Oh come on, its been almost a year ago, give how long anet takes per LS chapter ;)Inb4 Dumbledore dies and the ring gets destroyed

Perhaps you did not notice there seem to be a lot of new players recently..

Yeah I only joined and began playing Guild wars 2 at the start of 2018. And I'm still reading lore of guild wars 2 so I know enough about whats been going.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:You would think that after all the amazing feats you'd accomplished as a Charr they'd just call you back to the Black Citidal and make you the leader; I mean seriously what has Smoldur accomplished.

1.Telling asura to get out of the Death Star2.looking at the claw of the khan-ur3.being absolutely useless

and on that topic if I don't get to become khan-ur on every charr on my account I am going to be disappointed... ill be even more disappointed if they shill it off to someone like rox...

Gods aren't immortal beings in GW universe, they were beings original from the Mist that wields tremendous magic and capable to transfer of magic freely from one medium to another. (demonstrated in lore, able to give magic to human, but able to take away and seal within bloodstone; an ability that has not been demonstrated by another race so far)

They are usually not killed, because the fallout will create massive destruction to the world at the time when the event occurs (just defeating Abbadon turned Crystal Sea into a desert)

However, the definition has become somewhat skewed due to some events occurred since humans arrived on Tyria.

• Grenth who is half a mist being (son of Dwyna and an Orrian man) defeated Dhuum and had his power taken away
  • Komir who is a human who absorbed whatever is left of Abbadon's power when Abbadon was killed in Nightfall

@crepuscular.9047 said:Gods aren't immortal beings in GW universe, they were beings original from the Mist that wields tremendous magic and capable to transfer of magic freely from one medium to another. (demonstrated in lore, able to give magic to human, but able to take away and seal within bloodstone; an ability that has not been demonstrated by another race so far)

They are usually not killed, because the fallout will create massive destruction to the world at the time when the event occurs (just defeating Abbadon turned Crystal Sea into a desert)

However, the definition has become somewhat skewed due to some events occurred since humans arrived on Tyria.

• Grenth who is half a mist being (son of Dwyna and an Orrian man) defeated Dhuum and had his power taken away
  • Komir who is a human who absorbed whatever is left of Abbadon's power when Abbadon was killed in Nightfall

I thought they were from some where else, they are clearly capable of either interplanetary or inter dimensional or universe traversing power; they are probably the remnants or representatives of one of existences first civilizations.

You know how they have different stages for civilizations, I think one is harnessing all energy on your world, two is harnessing all energy in a system, three would be galactic harnessing, four universe, 5 multiverse.

The gods could probably wipe the planet of the elder dragons but don't because they know they are essential for the balance of Tyria, which is why they are looking for a new world in possibly the multiverse.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:You would think that after all the amazing feats you'd accomplished as a Charr they'd just call you back to the Black Citidal and make you the leader; I mean seriously what has Smoldur accomplished.

I would not be suprised if the charr character become the Khan-ur be cool but we to remember that other charr would start a fight and claim there the khan-ur too and all that plus there be risk of civil war again unless of course enough charr see the charr hero after killing Baltheazer and god slayer as a true leader worthy of the tidal khan-ur, just so we still have other charr like the current Blood, Iron, Ash leaders who may claim then claim to be Khan-ur as well. Unless of course they choose to let the charr hero character become the Khan-ur without starting a civil war against the charr hero; as the charr did slay Baltheazer. (Even if his power was stripped from him)

@Dapper Shark.4958 said:

1.Telling asura to get out of the Death Star2.looking at the claw of the khan-ur3.being absolutely useless

and on that topic if I don't get to become khan-ur on every charr on my account I am going to be disappointed... ill be even more disappointed if they shill it off to someone like rox...

Well Rytlock I can see becoming the Khan-ur not Rox, or the charr character hero as Khan-ur, unless of course the other leaders and other charr decided to claim there Khan-ur as well, and start fighting over the total.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

Well Rytlock I can see becoming the Khan-ur not Rox, or the charr character hero as Khan-ur, unless of course the other leaders and other charr decided to claim there Khan-ur as well, and start fighting over the total.

Rytlock I wouldn't be so grumbly about taking the role but where they are going with his character I don't feel he would want to take that role, however, I still stand by what I said in the previous comment is I want all my main charr to be the one true khan-ur

on the topic though of killing a god as a charr I know they don't write lines for all this stuff but come on we are charr no witty one-liners about killing a god nothing about the fact when we see a god we are like well shiiiiiiiit... we are meant to be this ferocious race that decided to usurp gods through machines and war...

side thing from that if we had a charr take the place of Balthazar as Kormir took the place of Abaddon so many years ago it would kinda be funny

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:Gods aren't immortal beings in GW universe, they were beings original from the Mist that wields tremendous magic and capable to transfer of magic freely from one medium to another. (demonstrated in lore, able to give magic to human, but able to take away and seal within bloodstone; an ability that has not been demonstrated by another race so far)

I thought they were from some where else, they are clearly capable of either interplanetary or inter dimensional or universe traversing power; they are probably the remnants or representatives of one of existences first civilizations.

You know how they have different stages for civilizations, I think one is harnessing all energy on your world, two is harnessing all energy in a system, three would be galactic harnessing, four universe, 5 multiverse.

The gods could probably wipe the planet of the elder dragons but don't because they know they are essential for the balance of Tyria, which is why they are looking for a new world in possibly the multiverse.

They should have taken the human followers with the as well they brought them to Tyria but know they chooose to leave them behind I'm sure the charr will say something like they not your gods if they turn there backs on you and are willing leave you behind to die at the hands of the elder dragons and the human gods knew about the eleder dragons and yet choose to stay on Tyria for some reason.

@Dapper Shark.4958 said:

Rytlock I wouldn't be so grumbly about taking the role but where they are going with his character I don't feel he would want to take that role, however, I still stand by what I said in the previous comment is I want all my main charr to be the one true khan-ur

on the topic though of killing a god as a charr I know they don't write lines for all this stuff but come on we are charr no witty one-liners about killing a god nothing about the fact when we see a god we are like well shiiiiiiiit... we are meant to be this ferocious race that decided to usurp gods through machines and war...

side thing from that if we had a charr take the place of Balthazar as Kormir took the place of Abaddon so many years ago it would kinda be funny

Would be interesting if our charr characters got the power of Balthazar (fanfiction can be done of it) the other charr I do believe will not worship the charr hero as a god but he or she maybe seen as a true god slayer and now a powerful charr hero with great power that rivals over the flame legion shamans, that now the charr, with the charr hero can go after the rest of the human gods and kill them too even if they left Tyria, cause they still see the human gods as beings they can strive to kill and defeat for some reason. (maybe cause the gods human let the humans try and take over Tyria)

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I believe in iron...

...not false gods.

That we totally shank with his own sword. :star:

Still, I'm disappointed the writers missed an opportunity to look at the story from a Charr perspective, both with the Shining Blade and with killing Balthazar. There should have been some unique dialog.

There should have been but well Arenanet decide how they this all to go. Sometimes it not want we think or want the story to go.

@"Telwyn.1630" said:In the Path of Fire we killed baltheazer the god of war and if you played a charr character imagine what all the charr back in Ascalon think now. The charr view deities human gods, titans, and other beings calming to be gods; as beings to fight and strive to kill. And if you killed baltheazer former god of war as a charr, it proves to the charr there point the deities can be fought and killed, and they be praising the male and female charr heroes as god slayers and with batheazer's death proof that not even the gods are invincible and further proving that humans are not the only ones who can slay supposedly slay gods.

Well there are two things.

Firstly, everyone knows that gods can be killed. This was proven in GW1, if not known much earlier, as the main plot culminated in the death of the fallen god Abaddon. However, a god's power cannot be destroyed and needs a new vessel (this basically means there will always be six gods out there). The charr didn't question the divinity of a being, nor was it a question of "can they be killed?"; rather, the charr just don't want to bow down to anyone else.

Secondly, Balthazar technically wasn't a god anymore. He was stripped of that indestructible divinity that needs a vessel (as told to us by Kormir in Facing the Truth). He was a former god, much like Dhuum has been for the past 1,378 or so years.

Even ignoring that Imperator is a bloodline title and not voted in, Smodur has:

1. Established peace out of a ~1,500 year conflict
  2. Saw to the stabilization of the region despite an Elder Dragon flying through it
  3. Holds onto the Claw of the Khan-Ur that, by all right, would list him as next-in-line to heirdom
  4. Has a very extensive military record in his past, greater than almost any other charr (obviously a charr PC would exceed that by now though)

But most importantly, the game has a unified story now, regardless of race, so you can't have such for non-charr.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:Gods aren't immortal beings in GW universe, they were beings original from the Mist that wields tremendous magic and capable to transfer of magic freely from one medium to another. (demonstrated in lore, able to give magic to human, but able to take away and seal within bloodstone; an ability that has not been demonstrated by another race so far)

Not demonstrated by another race, except mursaat, Forgotten, Seers (especially Seers, as they made the Bloodstone), asura, humans, dwarven artifacts....

Any race can manipulate the movement magic, effectively, as we see it happen quite a few times; and the gods' manipulation of magic in gifting and revoking was just pulling it out of / putting it back into the Bloodstone, which was made by the Seers.

What we see the gods do that no other race can, is absorb a high quantity of magic. Other races, even humans, that attempt this will go mad. And curiously, this goes for former gods like Balthazar and Dhuum just as well (if not even more so). The only other group that holds similar abilities would be Elder Dragons and their children and minions.

Archived