New way of getting Recipe: Chaos of Lyssa

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:I don't get this dev. Why can't i get anything by playing the game? Its always craft, buy, craft, buy, craft and buy. Where's the gameplay in that? Is the gameplay sold on the Gem Store for 2000 gems?

I dunno why you think there aren't things to earn or acquire just by playing. There's stuff that drops, stuff via collections (not all of which require crafting), skins that literally require farming to acquire. It's fine if your preference is to see more of that, less of the rest of the methods of acquisition. But ignoring facts for hyperbole isn't going to help convince ANet to change their current practices.

@Seteruss.4058 said:Apart from ppl that want it just to have it, I think most interest is around the profit of the item.

This.

Most people are just unhappy of not owning the item because it's so rare/valuable. (I neither own the recipe nor the skin)

Stop being sheep and complain about every little unique or rare item there is. There is enough good looking stuff which is either cheap, part of a collection or easy to acquire. Now if the only thing you value about the skin/items you wear is their value, there is some way more expensive stuff than the Lyssa recipe or skin.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:I don't get this dev. Why can't i get anything by playing the game? Its always craft, buy, craft, buy, craft and buy. Where's the
gameplay
in that? Is the gameplay sold on the Gem Store for 2000 gems?

I dunno why you think there aren't things to earn or acquire just by playing. There's stuff that drops, stuff via collections (not all of which require crafting), skins that literally require farming to acquire. It's fine if your preference is to see more of that, less of the rest of the methods of acquisition. But ignoring facts for hyperbole isn't going to help convince ANet to change their current practices.

And here we are, collections, the worst thing of GW2. Doing chores is not an answer for poor reward drop wise. I want to play the game and see items drop, not look at a list of busy work.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Im glad its super rare to acquire. We need items like these to stay that way. Not everything needs to be easily obtainable by everyone otherwise noone would care about it. I personally wouldn't spend more than 50g for it just because i wouldn't really use it.

No, many ppl just like the skin, they don't care about the rarity.

Archived