If you could add one new trait

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Although there are a few I would love to see bonus damage in wells, Reapers onsalught going down to 10% but also affecting GS.

I think I would love to see a Dhuumfire change, Originally read this on a another post, but I just really love it.

Dhuumfire: Function as it does currently, also grants 7% more damage to burning foes. It makes for a great capstone, keeps is current (gimped) functionality and provides a % modifier.

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:Although there are a few I would love to see bonus damage in wells, Reapers onsalught going down to 10% but also affecting GS.

i dont know if i like that idea.

I think I would love to see a Dhuumfire change, Originally read this on a another post, but I just really love it.

Dhuumfire: Function as it does currently, also grants 7% more damage to burning foes. It makes for a great capstone, keeps is current (kitten) functionality and provides a % modifier.

Imo dhuumfire's base just needs to be stronger simply changing it to 2-3 stacks on application for core necro and reducing it to 2 stacks on reaper and 2 stacks with a cd for scourge is way more than a 7% increase

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:Although there are a few I would love to see bonus damage in wells, Reapers onsalught going down to 10% but also affecting GS.

i dont know if i like that idea.

Dhuumfire: Function as it does currently, also grants 7% more damage to burning foes. It makes for a great capstone, keeps is current (kitten) functionality and provides a % modifier.

Imo dhuumfire's base just needs to be stronger simply changing it to 2-3 stacks on application for core necro and reducing it to 2 stacks on reaper and 2 stacks with a cd for scourge is way more than a 7% increase

I agree, and anet is willing to split stacks between game modes so dhuuumfire could do 2 burning in pve and 1 in wvw/pvp. While we're at it, give sadistic and/or demonic lore thesame treatment

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Here a radical idea, change decicrate defences in reaper. Have it give 1% outgoing damage pre stack of vul. Currently necro has to much access to crit chance and not damage multipliers. This would fix death perception and target the weak so they are useful.

But that locks out 2 other viable builds that could drop Prc for Vit, make Soul Reaper mandatory for that feature, and pigeon hole for a 25% damage bonus that will probably get nerfed without restoring the options it gave up to get that in the first place.

If we're going that route, I'd rather see the Crit chance bonus made contingent on Chill (which also directly benefits condi Reaper) to make that feature baseline, freeing up Decimate defense for any number of reworks.

How about a trait in Death Magic? Choose one.

• increase boon duration by 50%
  • off-hand weapons do 20% more damage
  • minions die if their skill is used while on cool down
  • shouts provide 2 seconds of protection and barriers provide 20% more health
  • utility skills are available for use in Death Shroud
  • dark fields are now fire fields while poison and ethereal fields are now smoke fields

@Anchoku.8142 said:How about a trait in Death Magic? Choose one.

• increase boon duration by 50%This would be nice if necro had alot of self generating boons to start with but we dont. and 50% is way too much realistically anet would make it something roughly of 10-20%

• off-hand weapons do 20% more damageThat would be roughly pointless the only heavy damage off hand is focus and its skills are clunky

• minions die if their skill is used while on cool downMehhhh minons need a totoal redo imo before we should start looking at traits for them.

• shouts provide 2 seconds of protection and barriers provide 20% more healthMakes no sense because shouts are reaper only Death magic is a core trait line meaning that if you dont use reaper its a wasted trait.

• utility skills are available for use in Death ShroudThis hands down is your best choice for death magic replace this should be Soul Comprehensions new effect. This alone would make Death magic 66% more viable.Like seriously this alone would make such a big difference in core and reaper builds.

• dark fields are now fire fields while poison and ethereal fields are now smoke fieldsEhhhh not really a death magic thing if you go for burning and fire aka dps.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Change Soul Comprehension from "20% more life force from deaths" to "You can gain life force from deaths while in Shroud." Immediately becomes a fantastic trait for WvW and PvE.

I doubt it would make any difference in PvE, however, you're right for WvW.

Archived