Build Diversity is incredible right now.

Poelala.2830

And they all basically do the same thing:"Select target -> Effortlessly negate all incoming damage and effects for a prolonged period of time without really avoiding anything (alternatively: use an instant teleport) -> face-roll across the most high-damage buttons possible."

@"Swagg.9236" said:And they all basically do the same thing:"Select target -> Effortlessly negate all incoming damage and effects for a prolonged period of time without really avoiding anything (alternatively: use an instant teleport) -> face-roll across the most high-damage buttons possible."

try weaver - fixed

@"Swagg.9236" said:And they all basically do the same thing:"Select target -> Effortlessly negate all incoming damage and effects for a prolonged period of time without really avoiding anything (alternatively: use an instant teleport) -> face-roll across the most high-damage buttons possible."

I'm rather confused as to how my necro is supposed to "effortlessly negate all incoming damage and effects for a prolonged period of time."

@Poelala.2830 said:The number of meta-tier builds for each class is as follows:Mesmer- 3Necromancer- 2Ele- 0.5Thief- 3Engineer- 3Ranger- 3Revenant- 1Guardian- 3Warrior- 2Remember when we were happy to have 2 builds for war and necro and one for the rest? This makes me so happy.

In what world does guardian have three different viable build? Are you counting core GS and core hammer as two different builds?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Poelala.2830 said:The number of meta-tier builds for each class is as follows:Mesmer- 3Necromancer- 2Ele- 0.5Thief- 3Engineer- 3Ranger- 3Revenant- 1Guardian- 3Warrior- 2Remember when we were happy to have 2 builds for war and necro and one for the rest? This makes me so happy.

In what world does guardian have three different viable build? Are you counting core GS and core hammer as two different builds?

Core radiance, mender support fb, harrier fb (arken's meme build) ?I'm seeing all three of these builds somewhat frequently between 1500 and 1700 on EU.

I also don't know what the 3 meta thief builds are. I feel like dp is barely viable when the other team has a guard + necro combo and sd is too over nerfed to help with that. I don't think deadeye is really viable either.

Anyways, if I we're to guess I don't think he's counting sd so I'm guessing dp, deadeye of some kind and condi thief of some kind? Kind of stretching the meaning of meta I think.

Regardless I do agree with his point though that the meta balance seems to be better right now. The last patch seems to have really targeted the main issues (even if not all were fully corrected). I'd like to see them do the same with the trait lines now but maybe that's getting too greedy.

I think the biggest issue right now is necro. They really need to do something with necro, not because its op or bad but because its too good when not focused and too useless when it is.

@Legatus.3608 said:I think the biggest issue right now is necro. They really need to do something with necro, not because its op or bad but because its too good when not focused and too useless when it is.

It just needs a support, which also gives it decent balance as you can rotate around nec + support fairly easily, neither of them can properly 1v1 yet the necro + support can still overwhelm most other 2v2s. I consider it relatively similar to hypercarry / support duos in moba's.

I do understand that for most players playing soloQ at a rating where you most likely won't have supports, and even if you do they're probably going to run as far away as you as possible, necro might be slightly unreliable or at times unfun. Either way, the game itself is very snowbally, and necros often get punished hardest for it. Still, these are more L2P issues and teamcomp issues than balance problems.

This.

The current state doesn't even allow you to "establish an identity." Even launch had arguably more build variety

Everybody is a bunch of evade spamming while attacking mesmer/ranger main who thinks they're good when they're not. It's so bad

Harrier firebrand, menders firebrand, and 1 shot guard.

It don't matter what you all say or the OP's says or the spuds says.The pvp build system is bland, stale & just plain boring all across the board. It's been said before & it's been said now.There is no build diversity except for playing the meta on each class.Between you & me, Title to this thread should be, - Build Diversity is incredible Boring right now.Plz, take build diversity lesson's from Gw1....plzzzz.

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Plz, take build diversity lesson's from Gw1....plzzzz.

Gw1 build diversity would never work on conquest.

In fact, the whole reason GW2 sucks at build diversity is because of how optimized conquest is. There is simple "no space" for creative builds.You always need a man for some role.

@Poelala.2830 said:

Harrier Firebrand is not a viable build.

Yes it is.

@"Poelala.2830" said:The number of meta-tier builds for each class is as follows:Mesmer- 3Necromancer- 2Ele- 0.5Thief- 3Engineer- 3Ranger- 3Revenant- 1Guardian- 3Warrior- 2Remember when we were happy to have 2 builds for war and necro and one for the rest? This makes me so happy.

That' was funny! Especially with the 0.5 in there!I mean even if all the classes had 3 viable PvP builds the variety would probably be just good, not really something incredible... I mean, that would be the basic expectance for a game that has 3 "specializations" and that wants to boast not having a holy trinity.With those two premisses in play, 3 would be the minimum amount of builds available to each profession. Sadly we're nowhere even close. Balance isn't the game's best feature... It's actually down to one of the worse.

I mean for GW2 standards... Yeah, i'll give you that, if your numbers stick, it's close to being the most varied selection we've had. There's been better in the past, but this isn't too bad.And honestly, i don't know if the balance team can handle variety... They can barely balance 1 meta build per class...

If we consider meta it is:Mirage condiScourgeHoloBM (kinda)Dare devilDead eyeHeraldFBSB

Everything else is weaker or down right garbage. Even then, probably less than quarter of utilities and weapons are viable per class. This is not good diversity by any stretch.

So with 2 Elite specializations for each class, assuming each elite specialization trait is useful for at least one build, I would expect at the bare minimum for each class to have 6 viable builds for sPvP. If, god forbid, we have a build that uses each core trait as well, I would expect there to be 9 viable builds per class for sPvP. 22.5/54 (giving them the benefit of the doubt) . . . that's a 41.6% Arena net. I think no matter what school you go to, that's a failing grade.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:
Plz, take build diversity lesson's from Gw1....plzzzz.

Gw1 build diversity would never work on conquest.

In fact, the whole reason GW2 sucks at build diversity is because of how optimized conquest is. There is simple "no space" for creative builds.You always need a man for some role.

Who is talking about conquest maps? Besides any maps can be tweaked & adapted.My point stands.

@Poelala.2830 said:

Yes it is.

Against 5 capable, high-level opponents harrier FB falls off hard compared to full mender. But by the time you reach that, you're top 100 or higher on both NA and EU. So I'd say it's viable due to a lack of high end players capable of recognising and punishing it properly.

Archived