What happened to the anniversary sale?

I find it odd that there isn't much to buy in a game that is supported by a cash shop. I've been looking forward to the Anniversary Sale but this one seems like even the devs aren't excited about it.

edit: The Black Lion Voucher Dealer totally changed my opinion!

Ok guys, I do realize there has not been a new item up for sale since the 18th, and there has never been a gap before in the sales. A new item is not currently up for today. But thank you for posting lists of what happened the first week, I guess this sale is just a short one compared to other years. Some of the other sales went on for 3 weeks.

Edit— it seems sales are still going on.

The has been character slot in every anniversary sale and that hasnt happened yet so I doubt thats the end of the sale. Also unlike previous years there has been a few day gaps between new items. If I had to guess what are coming up next it would be character slots, bag slots, bank tab then cosmetic items.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

@Lost Dimension.9014 said:Would be nice if Anet post a list on whats going be on sale for the anniversary on the first day of the sale :P

Exactly. I'm not going to spend gems on anything else, but I sure am gonna use 'em on a character slot if it pops up. If not, I'm not spending gems, which means I'm not spending money, lol.

From the blog post

On Sale This WeekAugust 24—30% Off Black Lion Chest KeysAugust 25—35% Off Character Slot ExpansionsAugust 26—40% Off Bag Slot Expansions

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Lost Dimension.9014 said:Would be nice if Anet post a list on whats going be on sale for the anniversary on the first day of the sale :P

Exactly. I'm not going to spend gems on anything else, but I sure am gonna use 'em on a character slot if it pops up. If not, I'm not spending gems, which means I'm not spending money, lol.

From the blog post

On Sale This WeekAugust 24—30% Off Black Lion Chest KeysAugust 25—35% Off Character Slot ExpansionsAugust 26—40% Off Bag Slot Expansions

Excellent, thank you. I don't think that had gone up yet when I posted that. Much appreciated!

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

From the blog post

Black Lion Chest Keys are still at full price (at 15.30 UTC August 24). anyone see them reduced today?

@Deadly Moth.5687 said:

From the blog post

Black Lion Chest Keys are still at full price (at 15.30 UTC August 24). anyone see them reduced today?

Another 15 more minutes till 9AM pacific Time.

It would probably help if they put their time zone in the announcements, or a note saying something like "The gem store is updated after 9am PST which is 16:00 UTC".

Otherwise you have to firstly remember time zones are a factor (which if you're anything like me is easier said than done) and then find out where Anet are based and which time zone they're in.

@"Danikat.8537" said:It would probably help if they put their time zone in the announcements, or a note saying something like "The gem store is updated after 9am PST which is 16:00 UTC".

Otherwise you have to firstly remember time zones are a factor (which if you're anything like me is easier said than done) and then find out where Anet are based and which time zone they're in.

Nice thought, but then on those occasions when they don't update until 10:15 (Heaven Forbid!) the whining begins here on the forum.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:It would probably help if they put their time zone in the announcements, or a note saying something like "The gem store is updated after 9am PST which is 16:00 UTC".

Nice thought, but then on those occasions when they don't update until 10:15 (Heaven Forbid!) the whining begins here on the forum.

That's why I said after 9am. 10:15 is after 9. But yeah, that might not be clear enough.

Archived