SUG. The Wizard's Tower Content

I recall a video or post about how devs were vying to do this content (though nothing's come of it yet) and have to ask why have the teams vying for it at all? Why not make it a multi tiered content? Why not have a living world episode/map for it (that hopefully has a lot of verticality) Why not add a fractal for it as well? Why not create a raid for it also? It would be great to see the story of it expanse the whole of pve content (a pvp map could be fun to see as well but probably asking too much for that). The amount of hype that people have for the wizard's tower and the possibility of several types of players possibly not playing it at all would be, for lack of a better word, disappointing. Not everyone does raids or fractals. And there are a lot that do not really do living world content. I just do not see why something as grand as the wizard's tower should be placed off in one part of content that possibly many wouldn't get to play. It would definitely take awhile to be able to make this happen but it would be worth it.

@Dante.1763 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Idk why no do both? Make some lw content for it and have an area of it be the raid.

Its not big enough for both? i mean you can see its outline on the world map and its tiny.

Id rather not have it explorable at all than have it locked behind a raid just to experience it.

No i mean they can make it both a raid and an instamce in future lw update.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Idk why no do both? Make some lw content for it and have an area of it be the raid.

Its not big enough for both? i mean you can see its outline on the world map and its tiny.

Id rather not have it explorable at all than have it locked behind a raid just to experience it.

I think that sounds pretty good to me, no reason they can't have a raid overlaid on an open world map. They overlay story instances on the open world map after all.

@zealex.9410 said:

I meant the size of the actual castle, its very tiny compared to the raid wings we have already, you can see the full size of it on the mini map for the zone.

@Dante.1763 said:

Could be like the Tardis ( doctor who reference. ) Bigger on the inside?

@Dante.1763 said:

I meant the size of the actual castle, its very tiny compared to the raid wings we have already, you can see the full size of it on the mini map for the zone.

It can be multilayered or be something like kharazan in wow and be bigger inside than whats shown outside.

@PlagueParade.7942 said:I recall a video or post about how devs were vying to do this content (though nothing's come of it yet) and have to ask why have the teams vying for it at all? Why not make it a multi tiered content? Why not have a living world episode/map for it (that hopefully has a lot of verticality) Why not add a fractal for it as well? Why not create a raid for it also? It would be great to see the story of it expanse the whole of pve content (a pvp map could be fun to see as well but probably asking too much for that). The amount of hype that people have for the wizard's tower and the possibility of several types of players possibly not playing it at all would be, for lack of a better word, disappointing. Not everyone does raids or fractals. And there are a lot that do not really do living world content. I just do not see why something as grand as the wizard's tower should be placed off in one part of content that possibly many wouldn't get to play. It would definitely take awhile to be able to make this happen but it would be worth it.

perfect endgame made for these types is exploration ! scavenger/treasure hunts and gaining access to this place would be a wonderful thing.

@Dante.1763 said:

map size on world map/ mini map ins't always accurate when compared to other maps. Being in map you'll notice some maps are much bigger or smaller then they are displayed.

@Dante.1763 said:

If you took part of LS1, the tower of nightmares also wasnt that big (wide) in kessex hills. However, when you went in side, and if you checked the other layer of the world map, the tower of nightmares instances covered ALOT more than it was shown on actual Kessex Hills map.

http://i.imgur.com/hfsleby.jpg map of the tower.https://www.deviantart.com/guildwars-2/art/Kessex-Hills-Tower-of-Nightmares-1-Nov-2013-411340168 Kessex Hills map.

@Glider.5792 said:

If you took part of LS1, the tower of nightmares also wasnt that big (wide) in kessex hills. However, when you went in side, and if you checked the other layer of the world map, the tower of nightmares instances covered ALOT more than it was shown on actual Kessex Hills map.

map of the tower.
Kessex Hills map.

I didnt, never got the chance to, that makes sense for that tower though, given what the fractal is like. Here i dont think it would, its a tower for from what we know one wizard, and maybe a few apprentices.

@Dante.1763 said:

map of the tower.
Kessex Hills map.

I didnt, never got the chance to, that makes sense for that tower though, given what the fractal is like. Here i dont think it would, its a tower for from what we know one wizard, and maybe a few apprentices.

Fractal is nothing like the tower we got to explore during LS1. Its similar only theme wise.

Problem with the wizards tower is, the fact that we know nothing about it is its only novelty.There are so many places about the game we know nothing about, isles of Janthir being equally mysterious.

So with that, once they make a raid or fractal in the wizards towers, its novelty will be gone, and it’ll be a random building

@starlinvf.1358 said:Which is why it shouldn't get content made for it...... the value is in the mystery.

That is only true as long as there is the expectation to unveil the mystery one day.A mystery you cannot unveil is pointless and meaningless. You will recognize it as such when the game one day won't receive any content anymore.You will look at that castle and realize its nothing more than cosmetic trickery for you to be interested in something that actually doesn't even need to be there.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:Which is why it shouldn't get content made for it...... the value is in the mystery.

That is only true as long as there is the expectation to unveil the mystery one day.A mystery you cannot unveil is pointless and meaningless. You will recognize it as such when the game one day won't receive any content anymore.You will look at that castle and realize its nothing more than cosmetic trickery for you to be interested in something that actually doesn't even need to be there.

Have to agree with this. What's the point of having there only for ambiance or a footnote. Even the devs want to make something out of this. It has just not been decided (far as anyone knows) in what type of enviornment (raids, fractals, LS, - hopefully all 3).

I can't see how it can be both raid and living world. Despite instances ovelapping, it'd be a lot of work to ensure both worked perfectly as a raid and a map. For one thing, all the raids are a straight line with big rooms for the bosses. That's not fun as a map. If it were a map, then the raid would need either instanced walls or locked doors, which might have players complaining about "but why?" Neither option seems appealing.

I think the tower format would work best as a raid/dungeon (even if dungeons are dead). There's probably a lich at the top turning people into elementals or something like that.

The raids can have other bosses or followers maybe we fight the wizard and he doesn't die in LS but we kill him in raids. Or maybe we fight a protege of the wizards in raids and some of his boss minions. Maybe his protege is trying to rebuild a NEW floating castle and that's why we fight him. There are lots of options and story that can be played out. What would be neat for fractals: "A race against time," where you use your mounts to get to several mini bosses to fight before getting to the top of the wizard's tower to the final boss (which can also be the wizard since it is the mists).

As to making it JUST a raid. That's leaving out A LOT of player base that just do not raid or can never really find groups even in lfg (a lot of those people tend to demand proof of kills). So what about them? They watch it on youtube?

I think I agree with that mostly, the mystery is a big part of the excitement. However, if they did release content including the Wizard's Tower, I wouldn't be mad about it.

On another note, if they do release the Wizard's Tower, I really hope it is not a raid. I'm not gonna go into the whole raid debate right now, but for something that is such a long-running mystery and part of Guild Wars, I would be very disappointed to not be able to experience it myself.

I for one, feel like i've been waiting far too long for the mystery to be unveiled. They don't even have to unveil it, DO something with it, have like a lore quest that explores what could be in there or who could be in there. I've been playing since prophecies was released, and the fact that they've done nothing with it is ridiculous. We had our time of mysteries during the long years of Guild Wars 1. And it's already been what 4-5 years after GW2 released. Still don't know a thing about the tower. It's like immersion breaking too, imagine like in the actual world of Tyria, after hundreds of years, between GW1 and GW2 nobody's been doing anything with that tower. We have flying ships, asura tech, and all this, and nobody even questioned the nature of the tower.

Archived