[Suggestion] Alternative method to craft "Coalescence" legendary trinket

Umut.5471

We crafted the first trinket "Aurora" through open world on LS3 maps, why is this legendary ring locked to raids only?Are you planning to bring an alternative method to craft it? Or should we do RMT to those raid sellers on LFG? Why do you even allow selling raids?I don't understand locking legendaries behind raids and feeding those opportunist people while bashing majority of your players.Please change your policies. I suggest an open world LS4 crafting method for Coalescence. This will solve everything.

As someone who has played since around launch and hasn’t earned a single legendary, I can honestly say you do not need any legendary to have enjoyment in this game. I don’t raid, or WvW or any kind of gameplay that I don’t feel like doing. You can go earn the ring and have it, or not earn it and gasp not have it.You don’t get a doctor’s pay working fast food. You get a doctor’s pay doing doctor’s work. This game has so many different things to do and I, like you and everyone else don’t feel like doing everything. Knowing that there is stuff for me to collect if I choose to do something different is great. Why should I feel so entitled as to expect something that I didn’t earn the way it was intended to be earned. I know we live in an age where everyone wants to be pandered to, but man up buddy.

And if memory serves, raid selling is in a gray area so not entirely sure what’s going on there. I highly encourage trying out raiding though, you might like it

Raid selling is bit of a tradition all the way from GW1 where people used to run to end game areas to craft armor; or just straight up solo dungeons while have other people leech. I don't see it going away.

As for the original question, I guess I can ask why is Aurora locked behind LS3 maps? Or more specifically jumping puzzles? I am not a huge fan of JPs and almost never do them. However I acknowledge that JP does take skill and is one of the more unique features of GW2 so there is no problem for me to have it be exclusive content. Same thing here really. Also this question has been beaten to the ground and I doubt the outcome will be any different this time.

@"Umut.5471" said:We crafted the first trinket "Aurora" through open world on LS3 maps, why is this legendary ring locked to raids only?Why not? There will be other trinkets.

Or should we do RMT to those raid sellers on LFG?Even as a joke, mentioning RMT is a bad idea on the official forums.

Why do you even allow selling raids?Why shouldn't raid selling be allowed? Asking for compensation for assisting with achievements is a long time tradition in MMOs and also in GW1.

I don't understand locking legendaries behind raids and feeding those opportunist people while bashing majority of your players.The only people being bashed are the ones swinging a bat without noticing it's heading directly towards themselves.ANet decided that raids needed an epic reward and figured that a long drawn out collection for legendary armor would be a good way to do that. I would have recommended they choose something else, but for some reason, they still don't consult me before making decisions about rewards :(.

I suggest an open world LS4 crafting method for Coalescence. This will solve everything.It opens new problems, because it undermines the rewards available for PoF raids.

@WilliamLey.8162 said:As someone who has played since around launch and hasn’t earned a single legendary, I can honestly say you do not need any legendary to have enjoyment in this game.

My sole purpose is to craft legendaries in this game. Why would I need gold then? I would do dailies and quit otherwise.Raids don't appeal to the majority of the game, so why lock a main game content to there? Only 1% of the entire game population does raidsbecause no one wants to deal with dps elitist toxic players.

@Umut.5471 said:

@WilliamLey.8162 said:As someone who has played since around launch and hasn’t earned a single legendary, I can honestly say you do not need any legendary to have enjoyment in this game.

My sole purpose is to craft legendaries in this game. Why would I need gold then? I would do dailies and quit otherwise.Raids don't appeal to the majority of the game, so why lock a main game content to there? Only 1% of the entire game population does raidsbecause no one wants to deal with dps elitist toxic players.

Raids get exclusive rewards because apparently a chunk raiders don't want to raid unless there's exclusive rewards. The amount of people who would bother doing them would be even lower if it weren't for the rewards.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Or should we do RMT to those raid sellers on LFG?Even as a joke, mentioning RMT is a bad idea on the official forums.

Some people sell it for real money, I'm not the one who sells them. They need to be removed. Other few of them want ridiculous amounts like 10k gold.I doubt anyone farms for thousand hours and hands them that amount of gold.

Why do you even allow selling raids?Why shouldn't raid selling be allowed? Asking for compensation for assisting with achievements is a long time tradition in MMOs and also in GW1.

Because it kills the point, they don't allow you into their groups and they want to sell it for gold or "$$$" instead.LFG is full of sellers and a few ppl who limit you to play druid/chrono.

@Yamazuki.6073 said:

Raids get exclusive rewards because apparently a chunk raiders don't want to raid unless there's exclusive rewards. The amount of people who would bother doing them would be even lower if it weren't for the rewards.

So what's the point of raids? Majority of people don't enjoy doing raids that's a fact, so why force people to the raids by locking legendaries to there?This isn't WoW, why did this game bring raids anyway? This game was meant to be played with smaller pug groups like 5 people.Finding 10 coordinated people is not available for everyone. It's not like fractals where you can just clear bosses with pugs.

@Umut.5471 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Some people sell it for real money, I'm not the one who sells them. They need to be removed. Other few of them want ridiculous amounts like 10k gold.I doubt anyone farms for thousand hours and hands them that amount of gold.

Because it kills the point, they don't allow you into their groups and they want to sell it for gold or "$$$" instead.LFG is full of sellers and a few ppl who limit you to play druid/chrono.

Why wouldn't they limit their search to what they actually need in their group?

And buying raids is literally paying a service because you either don't want to play whatever suits the groups needs or because you don't have the time to learn all that.

@Umut.5471 said:

So what's the point of raids? Majority of people don't enjoy doing raids that's a fact, so why force people to the raids by locking legendaries to there?This isn't WoW, why did this game bring raids anyway? This game was meant to be played with smaller pug groups like 5 people.Finding 10 coordinated people is not available for everyone. It's not like fractals where you can just clear bosses with pugs.

I assume raids were added to get people who like raids to play GW2, given the games focused on raids died, and other games that tried raids did it wrong. Not much difference as to why spvp and wvw exist.

For reference, I would be opposed to raids getting resources dumped into them, I prefer instanced content to be focused around smaller groups. However, nothing I say is going to stop Anet from wasting money producing raids and balancing for them. To me raids have never really been difficult, just a major inconvenience.

@"Umut.5471" said:We crafted the first trinket "Aurora" through open world on LS3 maps, why is this legendary ring locked to raids only?

The elitism added to the game when raids came out is the main reason I took a year off. Now that it's here they have no choice but to foster it unfortunately.

If they all of a sudden changed an item that players had to raid for the snivelometer would spike off the charts about how unfair it was. It doesn't matter that my guildy lost an arm in Afganistan or another one has MS, if you aren't physically agile enough to raid or you don't have the time to invest then you can't have the rewards.

Sad but unfortunately true.

@Umut.5471 said:

Look buddy, if legendarys are your thing, more power to you. I still don’t see the issue in having to work for another one. You could probably find some other use for gold, gamble it, convert it, make a commission of your main holding all your shinies, desperately grabbing at a ring that’s a little too high up for them to reach. If only 1% of the population does raiding, only 1% will get the ring. Nobody wants to deal with entitled players. Get raiding or get an ascended ring

@Umut.5471 said:

@"WilliamLey.8162" said:As someone who has played since around launch and hasn’t earned a single legendary, I can honestly say you do not need any legendary to have enjoyment in this game.

Because it is your only purpose doesnt make it a, "main game content." In fact I would be surprised to discover that legendary trinkets were anything other than niche...like raids.

Yes, please!Either alternative method or different legendary ring.Not everyone enjoys the raid for numerous reasons.

Or make the raids available in a solo instance, like story mode, where you can enjoy it without toxic elitist 12-year-old kids and still finish the achievement.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Can i have an alternative way to craft aurora and the ascension. I hate playing pve, pvp and wvw. All i do is raid.

I was always supporter of multiple paths for every legendary, so yeah, i'd agree with you. Each legendary slot should have a SPvP, WvW, Raid, OW/LS acquisition method. It need not be the same legendaries, but each of those paths should be ultimately able to acquire a full set. And no set should be visibly superior to others.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Can i have an alternative way to craft aurora and the ascension. I hate playing pve, pvp and wvw. All i do is raid.

You don't have to play pvp for the ascension, just q-up, run around, anet doesn't care if you even go semi afk. The ascension is a big joke, well like whole spvp atm.

Just saying, don't care of leg ring or whatnot

Archived