Please Publish Usage Stats and Win Ratios for Ranked Seasons

mortrialus.3062

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

When Season 14 Ends, would you please release a list breaking down how much Professions/Elite Specializations were played as well as their win ratios? I particularly care about the top 250, but I'd like to see all of ranked in addition to top 250 if we can. We know from your post here:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

That you have access to this information.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mortrialus.3062 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

When Season 14 Ends, would you please release a list breaking down how much Professions/Elite Specializations were played as well as their win ratios? I particularly care about the top 250, but I'd like to see all of ranked in addition to top 250 if we can. We know from your post here:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

That you have access to this information.Very good idea.This should actually be a thing they post at the end of every season. I think information like this would help put a lot of the nerf crusades to rest.

@Solori.6025 said:

That you have access to this information.Very good idea.This should actually be a thing they post at the end of every season. I think information like this would help put a lot of the nerf crusades to rest.

Yep. I think a lot of the "nerf X!" is fueled by a lack of data. Everyone's experience is anecdotal at best unless they take detailed statistics. Even then, random probability may be a large factor for an individual player. Aggregate data would be way more helpful in helping calm people (or enrage them, lol)

@mortrialus.3062 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

That you have access to this information.

Yes to all of this please.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Consider how win trading effects this data. Not to harp on it, but seriously.

Wintrading is nowhere near as active as you're making it out to be.

Especially after the big ban crusade a few seasons ago going after win traders. It may happen occasionally, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Consider how win trading effects this data. Not to harp on it, but seriously.

Oh yes it is. People just aren't as lazy with making it so obvious anymore.

@Ario.8964 said:

Especially after the big ban crusade a few seasons ago going after win traders. It may happen occasionally, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be.

You do realize that those people weren't even banned right? And they have more alts now that they did before.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Oh yes it is. People just aren't as lazy with making it so obvious anymore.

You do realize that those people weren't even banned right? And they have more alts now that they did before.

They had their mains banned for a little bit (no perma bans but many got a 6 or 3 month ban). Alting is also a big problem but that's anet's fault for making the game f2p and giving f2p accounts access to ranked. Regardless, win trading is not the biggest problem we have nowadays and frankly, the matchmaking is so bad if there's active win trading going on, you cant tell because it just blends with how bad the rest of the matches you get are.

I agree it should be addressed, but it's not as big a problem as you may think

Mirage and Soulbeast.....freelo lol.They are just both overtuned.I just swap around to their new OP class of the quarter...been playing my Ranger a ton because I can basically 1v3 and be unkillable.I never liked playing my mes much...but I should give mirage a try....blowing whole groups up while in stealth seems funs too lol.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:And it would feed all those to point their fingers at the next “This class is OP Nerf”

Ironically, this would happen regardless of who's at the top of the list.

This would feed it even more because the majority of players don’t know how to properly use the data or understand what the data actually means, and would just try to use it to fuel their witch-hunt of OP builds when they lose against any class that shows up in the data.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:And it would feed all those to point their fingers at the next “This class is OP Nerf”

This would feed it even more because the majority of players don’t know how to properly use the data or understand what the data actually means, and would just try to use it to fuel their witch-hunt of OP builds when they lose against any class that shows up in the data.

That doesn't stop Dota, LoL, Hearthstone, Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, Official Pokemon, Pokemon Showdown, ect. ect. from publishing this information in exquisite often card by card detail.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

That doesn't stop Dota, LoL, Hearthstone, Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, Official Pokemon, Pokemon Showdown, ect. ect. from publishing this information in exquisite often card by card detail.

Those games all have a better R&D/Balance team, not ones that make extremely questionable balance decisions with a sledgehammer. When I think of this game the first thing that comes to mind isn’t how well balanced it is or the the competency of balance team when it comes to PvP decisions.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Those games all have a better R&D/Balance team, not ones that make extremely questionable balance decisions with a sledgehammer. When I think of this game the first thing that comes to mind isn’t how well balanced it is or the the competency of balance team when it comes to PvP decisions.

If you think those game's players are happy with balance I've got a bridge to sell you. Heck between Yugioh, MtG, and hearthstoe there are typically only 3 or so decks even capable of winning regionals. About 60% of the entire roster have been completely abandoned by serious players in League and are considered nonviable.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If you think those game's players are happy with balance I've got a bridge to sell you. Heck between Yugioh, MtG, and hearthstoe there are typically only 3 or so decks even capable of winning regionals. About 60% of the entire roster have been completely abandoned by serious players in League and are considered nonviable.

Funny, MtG actually has the most diverse meta in its two largest competitive formats than it has in years, Modern has seen the most diversity than any other format, where each competitive event is completely different on what decks places in the Top 8, 16, and 32 and which decks win the overall events, shows how much you know about that game, and every game has it’s whiners because they lose, but the difference is the devs in charge of balancing those don’t take sledgehammers to everything whenever anyone whines about losing to specific things, they actually look at the health of the game, format and meta.

@Luclinraider.2317 said:Mirage and Soulbeast.....freelo lol.They are just both overtuned.I just swap around to their new OP class of the quarter...been playing my Ranger a ton because I can basically 1v3 and be unkillable.I never liked playing my mes much...but I should give mirage a try....blowing whole groups up while in stealth seems funs too lol.

where can i get some of these bronze opponents you are fighting?

I think thats a great idea. Unfortunately it was asked for in the past and ANET didnt do it. Maybe they're afraid that it will just highlight how poor their balancing decisions are?

I would love to see the data for the top 250 but for also for each division. As someone said what works in Silver does not necessarily work in Plat. And if you are a perma silver player do you really care what is played in Plat?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I also believe For Honor does this as well

Archived