Please remove Slippery Slope from the game

rabenpriester.7129rabenpriester.7129 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2019 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

Just remove it completely. Thank you.

Reasons:

• Losing control of your character is unfun
  • Goes against established game mechanics
  • Just breaks the game on uneven ground and... heh: slopes
  • you're already trying to bruteforce it by removing it from certain fractals and certain spots on other fractals

Just admit your failure and remove it. This is a completely unfun mechanic that will annoy anyone who plays fractals more than once a week. And please hurry, the enemies might bleed fire now, but you bleed players, anet.

Comments

• Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 for that.

I think there's no doubt that this instability was a mistake. Skritt happens but react fast and all will be fine.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭

+
    It can't stay as it is

• Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

At least give it counterplay like someone had suggested. Maybe make Stability or Resistance nullify it, but that would only encourage people to spam more Dragonhunters on fractals since the balance patch made sure power herald is more garbage than it already was.

Maybe change the instability so slippery slope makes your dodge dash dodge farther or cut the animation of dodge frames in half so it makes timing dodges more challenging.

Anything but this current garbage.

• Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

Please do.. this has no place in an organized striving for smooth runs environment.

• Since the goal is to spend/lost the biggest amount of time in fractal with pretty annoying gameplay, i suggest a new insta :

• "The pocket raptor multiplicator : Fractal avengers are replaced by 5 pocket raptors who divide themself in twice when they die. Accumulative multipilcation depending of the fractal level."

Seriously slippery slope is this kind of nightmare, please to remove it entirely.
    Like, for good.

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭

Slippery Slope + 30% reduced hp is quite entertaining on art. Almost impossible to not step in at least one circle and if you do you lose easily 50% of your health.
    It's okay in snowblind though and would go with the theme.

Would be a nice thing to have as fractal specific thing but its terrible as an instability.

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭

An instability that, whatever you do and however you do,
    An instability that you cannot avoid,
    An instability that punishes equally the unaware noobster and the pro paying attention to everything,

MUST BE REMOVED FROM GAME!!!!!!!

• Most instabilities are complete nonsense anyway.

• I'd be disappointed if they remove it because i really enjoy it - its something new to learn to deal with.

Rather than completely remove it, I'd like sort of a gambit system where one can select to play with or without it for additional reward.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

@Nephalem.8921 said:
    Slippery Slope + 30% reduced hp is quite entertaining on art. Almost impossible to not step in at least one circle and if you do you lose easily 50% of your health.
    It's okay in snowblind though and would go with the theme.

Would be a nice thing to have as fractal specific thing but its terrible as an instability.

Yes, it's okay if the instance is designed with it in mind (like for example in Freezie's case where it probably comes from). Current fractals aren't designed that way.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭

At the very least it either needs to be restricted by hand for each Fractal (and given a visual indication on the ground, like an icy texture) on where it applies, like mostly just the boss arenas, or be completely negated by Stability, if not both.

As it currently is, it's just annoyance without counter and a waste of time.
    I want to fight the encounters, not the controls.

"As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

• Razor.9872Razor.9872 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think it needs to be removed. It just needs counterplay. In my opinion, having stability should negate its effect. This would go hand-in-hand with its additional 20% increased stability duration effect.

NSPride~

• Haven't done fractals since patch :+1:

• Having this and the new SA together was absolutely cancerous. It is evident that Anet hasn't thought about this much since it comes with 20% longer stability duration but stab does nothing to it.

Just remove it.

• I have to agree. Its just plain unfun to play with. Sure i finished 100CM 2 days ago with it without problems (was my first time encountering the instab), but after it had the same instab again yday i just skipped it entirely and probably wont play any fractals with this instab again.

• @CptAurellian.9537 said:
    Ok, I swore to myself never to come back to the official forums

A wise decision. This place eats on your sane mind. Thanks for showing up and giving a +1.

• u can get stuck on cm 100 and first boss platform u can fly off ifen if u miss dodge
    o and 78 with bad mistlocks will by ifen harder becous ardy proplem today

• I agree remove this instab from the game. It even worse than old SA and lets not even mention 3 days on a row on 100CM

• Don't remove it. I see the potential of this instability, but a rework would be nice. it just needs to be less invasive to the players, because currently, it is VERY broken and annoying and does not offer any repetition value.

A "less-than Slippery Slope" would make more sense, and not the current "propel me half way across the map with a tap of my W key Slippery Slope.

• Slantix.3418Slantix.3418 Member ✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

+1 for that
    it gets really annoying after one or two fractals it could be fun challeng but not for daily content.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would rather it be removed, though I do recognize many players say it is fun. I've only experienced it once and while it wasn't an awful experience and this isn't something I would enjoy having to deal with on a regular basis. Is it possible to code a way to enable this instability similar to the Challenge Mote system, where players have vote to enable it? That way everyone wins, as those who truly enjoy this instability could continue to do so.

• Ana.2415Ana.2415 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

It's fun only the few 1st times or fun if you only do fractals once or twice a week or even less... if you do fractals every single day it's an horrible instability. Same problem with SA, at least they should remove it when you are out of combat.

Also I don't enjoy fractals anymore. I'm so sick of instabilities, and now even more than before with this new ones. To be honest I think they did a mistake with the addition of instabilities on fractals, becacause they don't really make diversity just punish and annoy the players that do fractals daily.

Anyway, devs have the data/info and they will see at what point people stop playing fractals.

• pls remove the game from our lifes or stop making ppl cancer ...

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭

that instability real is fail, how it look. If floor have some non-horizontal angle you can trouble just walk from one point to other, mini jumping puzle on start - fails, clifside - double fails ?
    In gw2 people like control char, that like totaly control, they now not scare on acrobatic, but now all that we accumulate and improve each day make to zero. No matte how you move and that skill you have - you like dog on ice

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well like last the T2 recommended was Snowblind with Slippery Slope and Social Awkwardness. To a T4 farming group anything in T2 is stupid easy. These instabilities, while at least appropriate for a snow covered region, didn't make the fight more challenging or more fun. It was just an annoyance, especially while moving through the forest, bumping off of rocks, logs and sliding back from slopes. In no way was this fractal more fun with SS.

Now if I were a player already struggling with T2....well, this instability would not have been a welcome addition.

• A word or 2 from the devs would be nice too. Feedback works both ways. I'd like to know what they are thinking on this instab.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019

Knew I read it somewhere before :sweat_smile:

Slippery terrain
    All walkable terrain would work similar to SAB w2z3 ice. This sounds to me like a fun idea, but most people would probably find it one of the most annoying/hated instabilities. Im also not sure how it would work with the jumping puzzle parts in Uncategorized and Chaos fractal, would most likely have to be dissabled there, or just in the whole fractal. It could work with time intervals though (10 seconds on, 10 second off).

and foresaw what's coming :tongue:.

• @rabenpriester.7129 said:

• Losing control of your character is unfun

I quite enjoy it.

Actually, it goes with some established (although previously rare) mechanics. The Oil meta in the new map has it.

Not really.

• you're already trying to bruteforce it by removing it from certain fractals and certain spots on other fractals

They started blacklisting instabilities ages ago; this isn't anything new.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@rabenpriester.7129 said:

Actually, it goes with some established (although previously rare) mechanics. The Oil meta in the new map has it.

The other exp i see is a boss on the Specimen chamber of Sandswept isles.
    Already saw this meta fail even with a lot of ppl on it, thanks to this boss who pushed away everyone on the ice dying zone. Oh and usually there is more than 5 players on it.

Not really.

Asking players during years to learn control and good positionning and after that send them the slippery slap on their face . . .
    Maybe not for you but for some people first its rude. Second its a non sense evolution. Like some kind of sabotage or something.

• @DrFox.8091 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@rabenpriester.7129 said:

The other exp i see is a boss on the Specimen chamber of Sandswept isles.

So it doesn't go against established game mechanics; some people just don't like it.

Not really.

Asking players during years to learn control and good positionning and after that send them the slippery slap on their face . . .

So it doesn't break the game; some people just don't like it.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• icy.9250icy.9250 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019

it has huge bugs, that's for sure. Shattered Observatory + Slippery Slope makes it impossible to solo the ball/marble leading up to second encounter -- the slippery slope causes some strange bounces off of the upper cliff rock (when Special from lower one).

Not really feeling speed increase under swiftness.
    My h'ween axe didnt work at all.

tempted to agree with OP

• squallaus.8321squallaus.8321 Member ✭✭✭

Just make this instability on slopes work exactly the same as on flat ground. Otherwise its fine. I do CMs and T4s everyday and its fine.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    So it doesn't break the game; some people just don't like it.

if you have that vision, so extend it, and agree that better than people like that they play.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.