Does this spell the end for gw2 pvp? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does this spell the end for gw2 pvp?

bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭

So i just discovered from Angeels that he has quit gw2 and that he is no longer maintaining the Gods of pvp website.

Now all we have as a current resource is a handful of dedicated streamers and metabattle which is barely up to date with the current 'meta'.

Is anyone out there capable of picking up where Angeels left off?

Or does this truly spell the end for the GW pvp community?

How will new players be motivated to learn without valuable resources like Gods?

Sad times indeed. I hope someone can breathe some life into it because too many good people are leaving rn.

Maybe the end has been and gone already but i for one have only been playing less than a year and dont intend to quit anytime soon.

It would be reassuring to know that there are people out there that give a kitten about our community...

Comments

• Well 'ive created a new Guild like a month ago Called "Eu Conquest Community" [CC] hahaha

13 ppl in it for now Kappa

Most are gold players + some platinum (so do I) and one legendary.

IF you want to invest in some kind of community with it ... feel free :D

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

none of these dude who play this game on a daily officially quit gw2, he'll be back after a few days or weeks for Rank.

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

The PvP scene was around before GodofPvp.net. I am highly confident it will be around after the site is gone.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:
    You cannot kill which is already dead...

Oh boy do I have a horse for you.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bbop.9706 said:
    So i just discovered from Angeels that he has quit gw2 and that he is no longer maintaining the Gods of pvp website.

Now all we have as a current resource is a handful of dedicated streamers and metabattle which is barely up to date with the current 'meta'.

Is anyone out there capable of picking up where Angeels left off?

Or does this truly spell the end for the GW pvp community?

How will new players be motivated to learn without valuable resources like Gods?

Sad times indeed. I hope someone can breathe some life into it because too many good people are leaving rn.

Maybe the end has been and gone already but i for one have only been playing less than a year and dont intend to quit anytime soon.

It would be reassuring to know that there are people out there that give a kitten about our community...

That hardly has anything to do with what is maintaining player base or pushing it away. Nothing at all.

• Cicada.6298Cicada.6298 Member ✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019

the end of pvp for me is that my chosen class is useless, unless you're really good.

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭

@Sampson.2403 said:
    Metabattle is better anyways. Godsofpvp just list the builds with no description of how to play them. It was a fanboy site because the guy who made it wad a "god of pvp". Metabattle is everything godsofpvp is times one hundred.

RIP players ... metabattle is hardly manipulating ratings

• Entertaining to say the least.

• bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭

Good to hear a few positive feelings about the state of pvp, but anyone who follows the established top pvp streamers and (ex) pros such as Jawgeous, ROM, hybrid, boycee etc. will realise my concerns. You can feel it and also see the dwindling player base at plat level and higher.

They are the ones trying to keep the scene alive right now and when they go, it is effectively dead unless someone else picks up where they leave off. As a relatively new player, i have learned so much from the above streamers and their enthusiasm motivates me and gives me confidence to invest my time (and money) in the game.

ROM even hosts tournaments using his OWN funds because he loves the game, but the cracks are showing and even he is resigned to defeat. Anet doesnt give a kitten about the competetive scene. You only have to watch a good streamer for 10 minutes to realise how pissed everyone is at the lack of balance, support and communication. but we love the game still.. it's mechanically the best of it's kind rn.

The only thing i see saving it from a slow death is a drastic change that will incentivise the 'pros' and bring back all the great player (an official competetive mode with financial rewards like before). But that won't happen without a major rework of pvp (balance, more game modes etc).

Maybe an expansion will offer this but I highly doubt it since Anet focus soley on PVE content these days.

• Even though it did a better job at teaching game mechanics and roles than Metabattle does, Gods of PvP had been outdated for the longest time. I think the impact is a little overstated here.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bbop.9706 said:
    established top pvp streamers and (ex) pros such as Jawgeous

lmao

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Sad times indeed. I hope someone can breathe some life into it because too many good people are leaving rn."

The people "leaving rn" are the second (or should I say 3rd/4th?) wave of good players getting near the top end of GW2 PvP.

Many are only where they are because so many other good players have left before or succeed because of how accessible the damage and power is on meta builds atm.

Having said that, I'm not happy Angeels is leaving but he wants to refocus his life and I respect that, all the best in the future.

• I agree with Stronlo, the game is now officially dead pack up boys.

• I've never heard of that person or that site, and I play pvp.

• bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭

@witcher.3197 said:

@bbop.9706 said:
    established top pvp streamers and (ex) pros such as Jawgeous

lmao

i wasn't saying Jawg is a pro player, but hes a caster and knows pvp as well as championing the game for us. He does great work for the pvp community.

• Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭✭

Never used the site.

Conditions need to be normalized:
    1- SINGLE PLAYER conditions stack on DURATION.
    2- MULTIPLE PLAYERS conditions stack on INTENSITY.
    3- REBALANCE condition duration, damage and application.

• Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

@Apolo.5942 said:
    Never used the site.

I never knew it existed either.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.