17K Power damage from Confusing Images!?

Ovark.2514

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ovark.2514 said:You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

or maybe he was on Mirage and was invincible and i was blinded to boot and it was from stealth. . . just maybe.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

It still doesn't justify the insane damage it has. At this point rework the skill please, it's not 2013 where people stand there picking their nose for 3s before noticing an enemy player is next to them....oh wait.

1) Scepter always was a hybrid dps weapon and do good direct damage on 3.(even back in 2012.) Can people in this forum stop categorize it at a "condi skill" whereas it never was.2) To reach 17k :

• He play zerk with all % modifier.
  • You play something with no thougness.
  • You probably have 25 vulnerability and he probably have 15+ might + Fury.
  • You maby were under slow if he was chrono.
  • He probably use Pain mantra during the channel.

So yeah it's possible but not like a 0 setup "hello I spam 17 with 1 key". And for this kind of setup, 17k is normal, many other +1 class do better easier.

@"viquing.8254" said:1) Scepter always was a hybrid dps weapon and do good direct damage on 3.(even back in 2012.) Can people in this forum stop categorize it at a "condi skill" whereas it never was.2) To reach 17k :

So yeah it's possible but not like a 0 setup "hello I spam 17 with 1 key". And for this kind of setup, 17k is normal, many other +1 class do better easier.

I know I shouldn't respond to knee-jerk mesmer mains like this but:

1. He's a mirage and doesn't need defensive amulet since all his sustain comes from abilities designed to keep him from being hit in the first place
  2. Yes I was zerk but I am also a warrior (as stated in OP) which has most base toughness of any class category
  3. I had none (as stated in OP)
  4. He was mirage (as stated in OP)
  5. Again, I had no vuln, and mantra of pain would have shown up as a separate skill on my Death Breakdown.

I land 18k - 22k malicious backstabs on the regular. It amuses me that by comparison people are complaining about eating a full channel skill and doing nothing about it. lol

It's so unfair guys, OP is right!Not like there was a banister you could have used to LoS or anything.Not like endure pain would have made it 0.Not like you can't outrange it with the combination of a few skills.Not like a single evade roll would nullifty about 4 out of 7 pulses.To bad there was no reasonable response, going to the fourms to complain about it is the best thing you could do to enlighten people to just how imba it is.

Imma go stand infront of a ranger after stacking might or applying vuln and eat an entire rapid fire and make a similar post, do the same for hundred blades too. I'll actually have pictures this time though. lol

@Daishi.6027 said:I land 18k - 22k malicious backstabs on the regular. It amuses me that by comparison people are complaining about eating a full channel skill and doing nothing about it. lol

It's so unfair guys, OP is right!Not like there was a banister you could have used to LoS or anything.Not like endure pain would have made it 0.Not like you can't outrange it with the combination of a few skills.Not like a single evade roll would nullifty about 4 out of 7 pulses.To bad there was no reasonable response, going to the fourms to complain about it is the best thing you could do to enlighten people to just how imba it is.

Imma go stand infront of a ranger after stacking might or applying vuln and eat an entire rapid fire and make a similar post, do the same for hundred blades too. I'll actually have pictures this time though. lol

No single ability should be able to deal above 10k dmg, all u have mentioned are an awful examples of power creep, that this game is struggling from.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:I land 18k - 22k malicious backstabs on the regular. It amuses me that by comparison people are complaining about eating a full channel skill and doing nothing about it. lol

No single ability should be able to deal above 10k dmg, all u have mentioned are an awful examples of power creep, that this game is struggling from.

You could backstab for 12k - 19k on core thief at launch. Eviscerate could land well above the 20k range. A full hundred blades or rapid fire after buffs hits about the same it always did since release.

What you consider "power creep" is equivalent to the status quo from the early days. Either way I disagree with the notion that nothing can hit above 10k.Many of these skills are multi part attacks and it is the failing of an individual to be unable to mitigate it, none of these skills hit in a vacuum.

If you consider it that problematic how would you feel about the complete removal of might, vulnerability, and fury in pvp? Because very little hits above 10k unbuffed or debuffed. Because if you want to talk power creep Might access is quite a major one.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:1) Scepter always was a hybrid dps weapon and do good direct damage on 3.(even back in 2012.) Can people in this forum stop categorize it at a "condi skill" whereas it never was.2) To reach 17k :

I know I shouldn't respond to knee-jerk mesmer mains like this but:
  1. He's a mirage and doesn't need defensive amulet since all his sustain comes from abilities designed to keep him from being hit in the first place*Yeah like your are a war and don't need to care about life with your passive sustain and health regen, thanks M. obvious.
  2. Yes I was zerk but I am also a warrior (as stated in OP) which has most base toughness of any class categoryHo, seems the passive sustain didn't permit to facetank everythings. Damned, let's up war.
  3. I had none (as stated in OP)Didn't trust you then. Need a proove.
  4. He was mirage (as stated in OP)Wasn't in op and I though It was a troll in second answer.
  5. Again, I had no vuln, and mantra of pain would have shown up as a separate skill on my Death Breakdown.Death Breakdown is bullshit info, 75% false about what it show. But you have to play some game to notice it.

That didn't change the fact that every-other +1 class do better with less preconditions so if a mirage one shot you, you are going to cry when you will face real +1 burst.

What did you hope with this kind of post ?Nerf mesmer direct damage to 0 so you can factank burst while doing nothing ?

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

@"Chaith.8256" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

Quickness and Malicious Sorcery trait stack so it's hard to see the initial burst. They really need to revert the change to damage when they increased it by 25% per strike for 7 strikes.

In WvW if you run a glass power build you can DE snipe people with Confusing Images and adding insult to injury, stack Confusion on them too.

Archived