WvW Build Specs when POF get's launched.

PhantomKnight.2183

Scourge and spellbreaker will make into the meta WvW composition easily. And it is not hard to come up with basic builds for them now.Spellbreaker will be the best large-scale boon ripper. Scourge will be very versatile, providing both strong damage/corruption and support.

For the other new specs, things are not so clear. We can go through them 1 by 1.Firebrand: It has potential with various support skills and good burn application. But it remains to be seen how easy and impactful it is to use those new tome skills.Renegade: The new legend has no place in WvW. It is essentially a spirit ranger. But maybe the trait line can be useful for condition revenant.Holosmith: Good damage dealer but lacks sustain and stability. Could be a wild card in coordinate group.Soulbeast: Has support potential with stance sharing. But not sure how impactful they are yet.Deadeye: Projectile dependent spec has limited usage. Could be good at sniping backline squishy targetMirage: Doesn't seem to provide anything useful at all for group combat.Weaver: A lot of new skills but not sure if any of them has big impact. Not a lot of support potential overall.

I'll have to wait until the changes to Scourge are released to decide if I will actually dump reaper. I like the way reaper plays, so it had/has been my plan to stay reaper after testing scourge. That said, the more/longer I think about it, the more I think I may have to change my old ways and adapt.For my playstyle, and how I like to fight I have been looking at:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQNAW7fnE9CN9iV9Cm9Cs9iFcBTfx+YrsQtpAwBIarNBuXA-jBSAQBR7CAEQdDRU9HBu/QIV+dTlgA4IAItHCAA-e

I had considered Sand Swell, but I get the impression that skill won't exist when PoF launches.

Edit: losing GS will make me a little sad though.

It'll probably depend on what scale you play : zergs don't have the same needs as solo roamers, or organized parties.There'll probably more condis, and the new stats that've been unveiled show maybe more mixed damage too. We still don't know whether there'll be more supportive tanky stats, but I'm a bit pessimistic because that's usually not wha ANet favors.About the boon hate, I feel like it will be only for a time. There're lot of current builds that heavily rely on boon spamming, sustaining and sharing, and spellbreaker alongside scourges will probably hit those very hard. Now, I also hope/anticipate that players will adapt their builds and gamestyle, to rely less on boons. It'll make boon hating builds situational at best, which will melt their effectiveness. Time will tell !

I have a couple of builds I can pull off straight away, assuming no major changes are made before launch (they've already made changes but we won't know how big they are).

Condi/hybrid Scourge: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7fnE9CV9il9CO3As9iFjBjqJEFqVR/sAw2SvtOXzrA-jFSAQBA4iAMIdDB4IAgNlfRU9HBu/gCeAA2UJIpAgZaE-wMostly just a variation of my current hybrid reaper build.

Power Soulbeast: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8CN8itCCOsAs8iFPBLv0maftPrgAQhjpXtrubp490tgE-jBCEABtpLAgjAAT7P0kyPAVCSwjAwe1fQ4CAQKABVGB-eJust a small change to my power roamer build, might adjust the runes a bit depending on how it feels during play.

Condi Soulbeast: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAof4YnE8CNsg1sAO8CctglEBL/5Od7uPBgk1rr5CsreanQ14OA-j1xHABwpEUR1fcZ/BAeCAIp8b2TCAb6HIFwiSjA-wJust a few changes to my old Condi roamer build. Didn't get to test the new pets in WvW so I have no idea if they'll work out or not but it's an easy swap.

Power Spellbreaker: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4enMdAVhglhAu6CM7ilqATpHE7yB4d4RcLGpA0ACAA-jVCEQB+T9H4t/gDV+ltLAwGVCSgjAw/OIAA4BA0GdDkCQQlRA-wI didn't get time to play with Spellbreaker much but this is what I'll be going with, might make changes as I put more time into it.

I have at least one of each class with enough points to spec into the new elites immediately after launch but I still have to make builds for the others.

@Odinens.5920 said:Should wait until the changes to elites, from the beta testing a few weeks ago, to get a breakdown, but I can tell you this - if my guardian is going to be expected to mainly be a healer in squads I will not be playing it anymore, except maybe to roam or be in non comp parties.

I doubt the guardians current role in a zerg will ever disappear, but having the option of going classic or healer would be nice. Firebrand might make a condi build viable for zergs too with its high access to area burns (more than standard guardian).

FB will be a midle and back line boon bot that will be the 1st spec to die in a group fight to how mantras need to be casted, group movement.

Theres are some runes that cleanse condis aoe onm healing skills, maybe healing mantra will work well with that aoe cleansing.. 2 condi cleanses every 25 secons aoe, and mantra of lore 4 condis cleansining... every 20seconds

RIP Shouts...... GJ Anet

Honestly? PoF will change less than HoT did.

Reaper vs Scourge is a choice of superior boon corruption vs superior damage. You might not see as many scourges as you expect, especially when you consider you may be seeing more warriors (spell breaker) than you're used to seeing due to their boon hate.

At the moment, I think Scourge is better than Reaper in a Zerg vs Zerg scenario, but Reaper should be better in smaller scales, say 15-20 havoc squads.

Archived