Is it worth the hassle to get to the Domain of Istan?

GW Noob.6038

I loved the personal story right up to the moment when the writers killed off my favorite character: Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw. Once they did that, it soured me on the story a bit. That, amongst several other deal-breaking flaws in the story-line, brings me to where I am now: I don't give a flying flip about their story...it's nothing but an unwanted nuisance to me at this point. Now, you mentioned something about a gold-farm...

@Naxos.2503 said:Getting Karma Enhancement also you to conveniently get karma through kills overtime while you do events for gold, and loot. Overall, a very profitable map, much like the latter maps in general.

I've got all three tiers of karma enhancement in the Bitterfrost Frontier map...it's proven to be one of the best investments in the game.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Katastroff.1045" said:Fun cant be sold by vendors :p

Not in an ArenaNet game it can't...

What people here are hinting at but not saying is that the Istan Meta event is the main reason to get the Domain of Istan map. It’s been nerfed recently so it’s only good now for a once a day run but it’s a big event with lots of people doing it and it’s still pretty good gold.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:What people here are hinting at but not saying is that the Istan Meta event is the main reason to get the Domain of Istan map. It’s been nerfed recently so it’s only good now for a once a day run but it’s a big event with lots of people doing it and it’s still pretty good gold.

Thanks! I'll look into this event.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:@ OP, it is impossible to answer this question because it depends entirely upon own criteria and tastes. Some will say yes, some will say no... Only you can decide if it will suit you or not. You can read about it in wiki and there are also many reviews available online, just google on it. :)

It's totally possible to answer my question...2 people already did. Gold from doing the meta event...that's why most people go there.

@BlueJin.4127 said:You can always use teleport to friend so you can get to Istan without the need to do the story. You would need to have access to episode 1, of course. Once you get in, you can buy an Istan portal scroll and port to Istan whenever you want from then on.

I might try to do the 'teleport-to-friend' thing...it would save me a lot of needless effort. Thanks!

If you make it there, and want to see the unfinished under layer of the map. I finally found a way in. It has some really awesome areas I wish could have been finished. I.e. Some Indiana Jones style cavern assets, an odd Snake Room that looks like it might have had some importance at one point, and some neat mount jumping puzzles.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:If you make it there, and want to see the unfinished under layer of the map. I finally found a way in. It has some really awesome areas I wish could have been finished. I.e. Some Indiana Jones style cavern assets, an odd Snake Room that looks like it might have had some importance at one point, and some neat mount jumping puzzles.

Oh wow, really? That sounds amazing!

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:@ OP, it is impossible to answer this question because it depends entirely upon own criteria and tastes. Some will say yes, some will say no... Only you can decide if it will suit you or not. You can read about it in wiki and there are also many reviews available online, just google on it. :)

It's totally possible to answer my question...2 people already did. Gold from doing the meta event...that's why most people go there.

I was meaning with my answer, that to find the meta there worth it or not, is a matter of personal criteria. For example, me personally, I don't find it worth the effort. But that's "only" an opinion. Nothing more. I know many others thinking like me, who prefer to do other metas than this one. Now for now, you get more replies talking for it than against it. It's very much OK. Different opinions. At the end , you will be the one deciding if you find it worth for you or not, based on the experience you will do there. :)

Archived