Battle maul from 10 targets to 3 targets in just two days, yet red circles of 5 targets for 6 years

Hitman.5829

Hasnt been capped to 5 people for 6 years...

There was a time where a single Line of Warding could stop a whole zerg, the only ones who got through were ones with stability.There used to be a time where glamour skills could wipe a full zerg.there used to be a time where 3 staff Eles could flatten an entire zerg due to no cap.

Pretty sure the 5 man cap was put in place just before HoT and that was after the 10 man cap they originally tried when first introducing the cap.

Change necro staff away from aoe.

Im waiting for this community to realise that they are a big problem. Not because they put condi on you but because they are so many that when 30scg spam marks it looks like we are walking on sun. Huuuuge cause of clutter in wvw. Not to mention they are only used in spammy ways to tag and do not fulfill their utility function for necro. But necro lose tagging option and others simply dont care because staff marks are negligible to them so it keeps on going.

@Galmac.4680 said:Ok, then limit the invisibility for thiefsIn case you may have missed it, there are marked traps, target painter, and marked reveal, and also in the recent patch silent scope is only 1s now for deadeyes, I'm not sure how much more can be taken from them without giving them a buff of some sort. I'd like to see the lbow range for rangers more in tune with other ranged weapons especially for consistency, and maybe mirage could take another look at for sure.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:Ok, then limit the invisibility for thiefsIn case you may have missed it, there are marked traps, target painter, and marked reveal, and also in the recent patch silent scope is only 1s now for deadeyes, I'm not sure how much more can be taken from them without giving them a buff of some sort. I'd like to see the lbow range for rangers more in tune with other ranged weapons especially for consistency, and maybe mirage could take another look at for sure.

There is no in case. They just missed it.

Proof that ANET was true to their word, and willing to tweak the mount whenever it was required to do so.

That ANET hasn't changed how AoE's work in 6 years is evidence of a design choice; that the OP doesn't like it or agree with it is irrelevant to the topic of overall game balance, since that balance doesn't revolve around player likes or dislikes, but by what the devs believe contributes to a positive game experience. Whether they are successful or not is a debate for another thread.

Also it should be noted that the "red circles of death" in WvW only seemed to become an acute problem with the introduction of PoF and Scourge, though correct me if I'm wrong.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Proof that ANET was true to their word, and willing to tweak the mount whenever it was required to do so.

That ANET hasn't changed how AoE's work in 6 years is evidence of a design choice; that the OP doesn't like it or agree with it is irrelevant to the topic of overall game balance, since that balance doesn't revolve around player likes or dislikes, but by what the devs believe contributes to a positive game experience. Whether they are successful or not is a debate for another thread.

Also it should be noted that the "red circles of death" in WvW only seemed to become an acute problem with the introduction of PoF and Scourge, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah mostly scourge if I had to take a guess. However this was somewhat dealt with in the recent balancing. Shroud can now be full dodged and doesnt pulse like it used to forever.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Make WoD affect 3 targets.

is anyone even going to use WoD anymore?

It rips boons quite quickly but probably requires a lot of stab or running balanced stance. Either way a thief running trickery can steal the stab + daze and instantly cancel it if he's sniping the spellbreaker and looking for bubble. Which puts it on full cooldown before it even has any impact.

@Duckota.4769 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Make WoD affect 3 targets.

is anyone even going to use WoD anymore?

It rips boons quite quickly but probably requires a lot of stab or running balanced stance. Either way a thief running trickery can steal the stab + daze and instantly cancel it if he's sniping the spellbreaker and looking for bubble. Which puts it on full cooldown before it even has any impact.

exactly....i havent logged in on my war but on paper WoD looks pretty much useless to me except in maybe a very few niche situations.

Archived