Warclaw saved WvW for me

KrHome.1920

This mount is nothing less than an overall quality of life improvement.

It kills a good chunk of the things that cause frustration in wvw. In the last years the game mode has become more and more a playfield for cheese abusers.

Adding out of combat mobility to everyone was a fantastic idea. I love it and the last few days were the least frustrating I had for months in wvw. And that says a lot as wvw currently is full of people who actually don't want to be there but just the mount for pve.

Some thoughts:

Experience improvements:

• Everyone has more build options now as it is not nessessary anymore to invest in perma swiftness for travelling.
  • Everyone has more class options as it is possible to avoid gank squads on every class now.
  • Players can move to the commander without needing to worry about being spawn-camped by longbow soulbeast or deadeye squads.
  • Players are prevented from oneshots when sitting on their mount while capping as the mount has to be killed first before damage can be applied to the player.
  • Players can focus more on the things that the game mode is designed for instead of having to deal with wannabe pvp'ers who are nothing more than zerg balancing abusers.

Impressions regarding the mount:

• ANet has found the perfect balance of escape potential and killability for the mount.
  • WvW players now have access to all expansion gameplay mechanics which keeps the experience fresh.

ANet's economic intentions:

It is obvious that this mount has also a monetizing background. WvW'ers are now also potential mount skin customers. But honestly, that's okay as long as they keep on working on the game. And of course actions like "free movement speed for all" and "You don't like perma stealth? Here's your mark mechanic!" are the lazy/cheap way to balance the game when you don't want to overhaul your class mechanics. I don't know how much ressources ANet has for game balancing, maybe they do the best they can, but my resignation over the past few years has grown to such an extent, that I am at a point where I take everything that improves my gaming experience - even if it is lazy/cheap.

Regards

I think now that they made the Maul 3 target capped it's in a very reasonable spot now. Great addition imo. Makes people able to get through chokes that were 100% deadly before just because the enemy had the right comp and makes them less all deciding. I'm excited to see where this will all lead, because once people figure out how to properly zerg with a mount fights will become far more dynamic than before I would imagine. Less stationary and you have to actually look out for a flank.

Maybe we even get a meta where some people stand back, then come in to instantly finish the first downs for a quick advantage etc.

@Blocki.4931 said:I think now that they made the Maul 3 target capped it's in a very reasonable spot now. Great addition imo. Makes people able to get through chokes that were 100% deadly before just because the enemy had the right comp and makes them less all deciding. I'm excited to see where this will all lead, because once people figure out how to properly zerg with a mount fights will become far more dynamic than before I would imagine. Less stationary and you have to actually look out for a flank.

Maybe we even get a meta where some people stand back, then come in to instantly finish the first downs for a quick advantage etc.Exactly. I could not have said it any better!

@"KrHome.1920" said:This mount is nothing less than an overall quality of life improvement.

It kills a good chunk of the things that cause frustration in wvw. In the last years the game mode has become more and more a playfield for cheese abusers.

Adding out of combat mobility to everyone was a fantastic idea. I love it and the last few days were the least frustrating I had for months in wvw. And that says a lot as wvw currently is full of people who actually don't want to be there but just the mount for pve.

Some thoughts:

Experience improvements:

• Everyone has more build options now as it is not nessessary anymore to invest in perma swiftness for travelling.
  • Everyone has more class options as it is possible to avoid gank squads on every class now.
  • Players can move to the commander without needing to worry about being spawn-camped by longbow soulbeast or deadeye squads.
  • Players are prevented from oneshots when sitting on their mount while capping as the mount has to be killed first before damage can be applied to the player.
  • Players can focus more on the things that the game mode is designed for instead of having to deal with wannabe pvp'ers who are nothing more than zerg balancing abusers.

Impressions regarding the mount:

• ANet has found the perfect balance of escape potential and killability for the mount.
  • WvW players now have access to all expansion gameplay mechanics which keeps the experience fresh.

ANet's economic intentions:

It is obvious that this mount has also a monetizing background. WvW'ers are now also potential mount skin customers. But honestly, that's okay as long as they keep on working on the game. And of course actions like "free movement speed for all" and "You don't like perma stealth? Here's your mark mechanic!" are the lazy/cheap way to balance the game when you don't want to overhaul your class mechanics. I don't know how much ressources ANet has for game balancing, maybe they do the best they can, but my resignation over the past few years has grown to such an extent, that I am at a point where I take everything that improves my gaming experience - even if it is lazy/cheap.

Regards

As a fellow Necro I totally agree with your sentiments.Although it has come a little late for me as my passion for roaming has died, knowing that other Necros are now having a better roaming experience feels me with joy.I also feel safer now as a Zergling zipping around alone on the battlefield.And the Warclaw is so cute I can't imagine playing without it after just 1 day of having it.I never really felt comfortable paying for mount skins because I don't PvE much, but I know I would definitely shell out my hard earned gold for a suitable Warclaw skin which I would be using 24/7.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Movement speed will still be important in combat against other players.

Gank squads can still gank anyone already in combat and i'm confident that there will be even ways to gank mounted players.

Mindless zerging and k-training got even easier, true.

Players can still get oneshot the moment they get off their mount and they have to get off sooner or later, unless they never engage in combat.

Players can focus more on PvE. Once WvW was designed for PvP, but i guess times have changed ...

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:Mindless zerging and k-training got even easier, true.

As opposed to the huge level of thought required for three guys to gank some guy in a zerg build, whoa boiz we are Starcraft skill levels here.

Once WvW was designed for PvP, but i guess times have changed ...

WvW has always been nothing more than a pretty mindless, low tier, low skilled mode. Whether you roam or zerg .

Go see DOTA 2, SC2, CS:GO, Smash Melee, Quake, Rainbow SIx Siege, etc for actual skilled PvP games that require some actual brain activity.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Gank squads can still gank anyone already in combat and i'm confident that there will be even ways to gank mounted players.

Players can still get oneshot the moment they get off their mount and they have to get off sooner or later, unless they never engage in combat.

Players can focus more on PvE. Once WvW was designed for PvP, but i guess times have changed ...

How can you PvP anyone when there is a literal class that just sits there and throws five AOE circles down on the ground. Now times that by five and you have a mess. Firebrand literally just does the same thing only with heals and stability.

There USED to be some semblance of structure within WvW and then PoF dropped a 'support' spec for necro and it all went to hell. And as someone said before compared to Conquest players in PvP, WvWers are god awful when it comes to fighting. All they can do is abuse overtuned builds and be led like a hive mind

Everyone has more build options now as it is not nessessary anymore to invest in perma swiftness for travelling.

still using shortbow/shadowstep on thefstill using GS bulls charge on warriorstill using lighting flash/fire GS on ele along with ride the lighting or the sword#2 port for weaverstill using rifle, and sometimes rocket boots on holo

pretty sure all guards are using JI and sword port too

basicly everyone will still be running running speed/swiftness/ports regardless

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

How can you PvP anyone when there is a literal class that just sits there and throws five AOE circles down on the ground. Now times that by five and you have a mess. Firebrand literally just does the same thing only with heals and stability.

There USED to be some semblance of structure within WvW and then PoF dropped a 'support' spec for necro and it all went to hell. And as someone said before compared to Conquest players in PvP, WvWers are god awful when it comes to fighting. All they can do is abuse overtuned builds and be led like a hive mind

Some current "top tier" PvP players have been WvW mains in the past or are still playing WvW. And just because WvW became a lot more imbalanced and mindless and worse overall, doesn't mean this process has to be pushed further and further. Your point?

I totally agree with you! Now I can finally get inside lord rooms of: Garrison, Hills, Fire Keep and Earth Keep without breaking any walls or gates! I can even get inside outer of Air Keep! Such improvements! YaY! Good thing A-net properly tested mount before releasing it!! I'm pretty sure there's a lot more!I really hope you're joking, for now mount is unbalanced and can be exploited...I've fought a condi mesmer today, guess what? I've brought him down to 5% hp and surprise surprise he run away from me and was out of combat, even though I still had conditions ticking on me and couldn't chase him! I was still in combat because of conditions while he could get away out of combat, he even jumped on his mount and run to his cave.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

Some current "top tier" PvP players have been WvW mains in the past or are still playing WvW. And just because WvW became a lot more imbalanced and mindless and worse overall, doesn't mean this process has to be pushed further and further. Your point?

What's YOUR point?

WvW, in it's entirety, has PVE aspects. You saying people want to 'concentrate' on PVE aspects as a bad thing makes no sense when literally all of your mechanics, in it's entirety, is PVE. The only reason it's PvP at all is because you get to smack other people. If other people want to solely focus on capture camps or leading dolyaks or getting supply to important objective who are you to say no to that as if it were a bad thing?

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

What's YOUR point?

WvW, in it's entirety, has PVE aspects. You saying people want to 'concentrate' on PVE aspects as a bad thing makes no sense when literally all of your mechanics, in it's entirety, is PVE. The only reason it's PvP at all is because you get to smack other people. If other people want to solely focus on capture camps or leading dolyaks or getting supply to important objective who are you to say no to that as if it were a bad thing?

PvE objectives are there for people to fight over it. But if players don't fight over those objectives, why even have a separate game mode? And is it really neccessary to turn WvW more and more into a PvE game mode, when the vast majority of the game is already PvE only? Why aren't those PvE players sticking to the parts of the game that were designed specifically for them?

They made WvW for Casu. All this changes are because casual players just cried because it was to hard to think and to brain on.But yeah lets have a sit in a zerg and spam/KT..pathetic..

I wanted to try my engi after this patch but i wont be able to catch mount with him soooo i have to keep my DD thief.nice "build diversity"

All people who complain about ganker, did you already defend bay or shadarran at the lord and you have to die in the lord room then comebzck by foot? At this moment "Gankers" are so important.. but you dont understand

Large-scale fights do not have to be mindless, and proper fights between relatively-even zergs with decent commanders are anything but mindless.

WvW is primarily designed for large-scale PvP, with PvE and small-scale PvP elements both present. But both PvE and small-scale PvP have other outlets (OW PvE and sPvP), whereas this is the ONLY option for large-scale PvP. Something that makes WvW more fun for those who like large-scale PvP is not a bad thing.

@"Luigi Mosby.3092" said:All people who complain about ganker, did you already defend bay or shadarran at the lord and you have to die in the lord room then comebzck by foot? At this moment "Gankers" are so important.. but you dont understand

They aren't important at all, because "winning" the match is meaningless and your actions, losing or winning bay, will make absolutely zero difference to the outcome of the match.

@"Luigi Mosby.3092" said:They made WvW for Casu. All this changes are because casual players just cried because it was to hard to think and to brain on.But yeah lets have a sit in a zerg and spam/KT..pathetic..

I wanted to try my engi after this patch but i wont be able to catch mount with him soooo i have to keep my DD thief.nice "build diversity"

All people who complain about ganker, did you already defend bay or shadarran at the lord and you have to die in the lord room then comebzck by foot? At this moment "Gankers" are so important.. but you dont understand

zerg/kt pathetic? What are gankers then? Attacking players they KNOW have no chance fighting back? Some words come to mind, but I assume that using them would result in a removed post and some warning by a mod.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"Luigi Mosby.3092" said:They made WvW for Casu. All this changes are because casual players just cried because it was to hard to think and to brain on.But yeah lets have a sit in a zerg and spam/KT..pathetic..

zerg/kt pathetic? What are gankers then? Attacking players they KNOW have no chance fighting back? Some words come to mind, but I assume that using them would result in a removed post and some warning by a mod.

And how many times do your squad decide not to obliterate that smaller squad filled with rangers or thieves or whatever non zerg meta classes? Attacking a group of players they KNOW does not stand a chance?

But its never fun to be on the receiving end i suppose.

Some classes have been so overly effective at the squad meta that its hard to feel sympathy when their highly specialized warmachines gets picked apart outside of their comfort zone. Im saying this as someone only roaming on a low mobility scrapper bruiser build since HOT so its not like i'm biased towards mesmers or thieves. Far from it. But when a third of the classes is enough to fill your squad there needs to be a niche for the rest, and picking off reinforcements impatient enough not to regroup and move as one (when thats what they are built for) is or was one valid niche.

TLDR: 'I made a thread to point out I can avoid combat and do circles around you on my shiny new mount while going 'teeheehee' in real life and I'm proud that its now okay for me to be bad at the game as it no longer effects me in a negative way in the core gameplay experience of wvw. It sure feels good to have no reason to get better at the game mode. Anyone who ever beat me was a cheesy ganker who wouldn't dare do that in any other build or if I was with my firends.'

Archived