Just another downed state thread

bigo.9037

Tired of it. I still wish anet would get rid of it. I've started to just ignore my roamer friends if they are outnumbered.

Cus if someone on my team is in a 3v1 there's a good chance they we both die if I help him cus they get hard carried by down state.

In a 3v2, either I have to res fast enough to get my friend up while they res their team mate so it's back to 3v2, or the 2 ppl just try to cleave my friend down so I can't res or stomp enemy in time.. then my friend will be dead okay.. but now it's a 3v1 again cus their downed player got back up from the kill on my team mate.Yay. That's fair. Happened to me a lot today so I'm making this post lol

It's just annoying these newbies get carried so hard by a bad mechanic that makes it so much easier for them to win the fight even though they already have more players than us.And for you people out there who are gonna call me names for being a roamer/ganker, enemy roamers engaged this fight on our territory. I get you don't wanna get instagibbed on your way to tag, but you can't deny downed state is a terrible noob mechanic that makes life 10 times easier for players who are bad, but have 2 brain cells enough to press F on a downed teammate.

You know, when you're fighting 2v3 it can take a lot of work to down 1 guy. All that work just goes to waste after 2 guys press F and he's back up.

"Hurr durr just cleave" yea well we are outnumbered from the start so it's not exactly like you have all your cool downs ready to cleave someone once they finally go down.

Tbh, there's just no excuse. It's a bad mechanic and it rewards sloppy bad play. Pressing F isn't hard.

I suggest making it take twice as long to res AND if enemy dies you don't get back up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"bigo.9037" said:"Hurr durr just cleave"And that's why we get threads about downed state. This is what zerglings say when they have no idea how to fight in very small scale. A fight between competent players require well thought out builds and people knowing how to interrupt resses and secure stomps, because that's what will win the fight. Cleaving is secondary if you're outmanned, mostly reserved for specific classes - ele being one for example, it's pointless to begin a stomp unless you've already forced a mistform. You can only cleave them until then.

If you want sloppy bad play... then by all means hurr durr just cleave.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:"Hurr durr just cleave"And that's why we get threads about downed state. This is what zerglings say when they have no idea how to fight in very small scale. A fight between competent players require well thought out builds and people knowing how to interrupt resses and secure stomps, because that's what will win the fight. Cleaving is secondary if you're outmanned, mostly reserved for specific classes - ele being one for example, it's pointless to begin a stomp unless you've already forced a mistform. You can only cleave them until then.

If you want sloppy bad play... then by all means hurr durr just cleave.

I'm not entirely sure what your overall point is. But yea I mean you can't just cleave obviously. Most of the time you don't BOTH have enough cds ready to cleave and in a lot of cases only 1 guy has the time to do it.. and he probably had to blow a few dmg skills to down the guy in the first place so he doesn't have the dmg to cleave the guy down.

I would say that what is problematic isn't downed state as much as rallying. That really has no place in competitive modes as it can lead to some of the issues mentioned in the OP.

That, and maybe your downed HP should be the same as when you are alive, instead of double that amount.

The down state clearly needs improvements or eliminated entirely in WvW. I've stated on many occasions over the last six years that theirs a problem with it.When individuals are downed with only a sliver of downed health can suddenly jump up with full health is what really pisses me off.These are not warriors and there are NO other people around and NO NPCs in the area .This is occurring more and more in WvW .This has nothing to do with how good a player is or the build .Its about yet another broken mechanic that needs attention.

@Mokk.2397 said:The down state clearly needs improvements or eliminated entirely in WvW. I've stated on many occasions over the last six years that theirs a problem with it.When individuals are downed with only a sliver of downed health can suddenly jump up with full health is what really pisses me off.These are not warriors and there are NO other people around and NO NPCs in the area .This is occurring more and more in WvW .This has nothing to do with how good a player is or the build .Its about yet another broken mechanic that needs attention.

That sounds more like an exploit is to blame more than downstate itself though.

Facepalm!

What, they are the enablers for this gameplay - guards can heal downed through pretty much anything while necros hit 20+ targets by vomitting AoE. They are the handicap in the zerg that favors the one with more of them. Blaiming downed state for the failings of game balance seems odd.

Im surprised by a downstate topic, after mounts are introduced...i think it used to be balanced; quick reflections and responses from your teammate can make it win XvX (1-12)

It's a legit part to consider also for roaming, because the mounts make the odds you find 2-3 people more then ever (since almost every solo roamer stopped). I think the options to cleave should be considered in your build.

Edit: spelling

@Trajan.4953 said:Stop being or bringing rally bots. Stop complaing and get better.

Sounds like you don't play wvw very much. There are limits to what you can achieve on an individual level, but the fact remains that downed state is a noob carrying mechanic. Which as stated by others is fine in PVE, but doesn't belong in pvp in any form.

If you felt like a victim of no downed state week, you are just plain bad.

Having a No Downed State only promotes more insta-gib, 1-shot, Stealth builds. It doesn't promote more healthy game play at all. Just more cheese. Instead of having more diversity in builds and fights, it will all be about who can get someone from 100-0 the fastest and most efficient. Downed State needs to stay as it, not only helps newer players getting acclimated to WvW, helps to promote more diverse build style because you now have to make sure you know how to kill your enemy instead of just using raw, brute force damage.

Downstate adds depth, teamwork, decision making and build considerations to the game. (which in a game mode that is already about as simplistic, low skilled and braindead as you can get is sorely needed)

Which is why when this game had PvP teams, the handful that were actually properly good (TCG, Orange Logo, etc) managed downstate noticeably better than even the other PvP teams, let alone bad WvW players.

@zinkz.7045 said:Downstate adds depth, teamwork, decision making and build considerations to the game. (which in a game mode that is already about as simplistic, low skilled and braindead as you can get is sorely needed)

Which is why when this game had PvP teams, the handful that were actually properly good (TCG, Orange Logo, etc) managed downstate noticeably better than even the other PvP teams, let alone bad WvW players.

No kidding. The whole fucking gameplay revolves around downed state. You need to take those things into consideration but that doesn't mean it's good for the game or fun game play.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Having a No Downed State only promotes more insta-gib, 1-shot, Stealth builds. It doesn't promote more healthy game play at all. Just more cheese. Instead of having more diversity in builds and fights, it will all be about who can get someone from 100-0 the fastest and most efficient. Downed State needs to stay as it, not only helps newer players getting acclimated to WvW, helps to promote more diverse build style because you now have to make sure you know how to kill your enemy instead of just using raw, brute force damage.

No, only reason zerglings don't want no downed state is because they wanna be able to get to their tag safely. Ugh those pesky roamers killed me on my way to sm I wish I could get a free pass.

Any roamer will know that downed state is unfair. It doesn't matter how much dmg you have. It's unfair regardless of build. And if you wanna talk about zerg fighting, it also invalidates anything that a single player can do to a single target. Downed state basically makes anything that isn't AOE pointless. 1 guy downs but 3 guys press F now he's back at full health. Yea that seems totally fair.

Admit it, you got sniped and killed in no downed state week by a few gankers over and over and that's why you think like this.

But what would've happened if you had more ppl? You could've killed them.

Yes I would also want some dmg and sustain nerfs to come along with downed state nerf. But seriously, anyone that talks in favor of it is bad. It just means you can't stand on your own. 1shot snipers will always exist. I'm arguing for fair play where you don't just get back up with 60% hp after 2 guys press F for 2 seconds. Talk about coordination all you want, it still favors the bigger group and that you cannot deny. Which is exactly why it's a bad mechanic and people being in favor of it are bad.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"zinkz.7045" said:Downstate adds depth, teamwork, decision making and build considerations to the game. (which in a game mode that is already about as simplistic, low skilled and braindead as you can get is sorely needed)

No kidding. The whole kitten gameplay revolves around downed state. You need to take those things into consideration but that doesn't mean it's good for the game or fun game play.

You say no kidding, yet you think it is a "noob carrying mechanic" when it is in fact the opposite, it increases the low skill cap of the combat in this game and better players manage downstate better than the noobs.

As for what is fun, that is very subjective, personally when I still played this game more than twice a year I preferred the added depth that downstate provides it is not like the combat (or the mode when it comes to WvW) has mountains of depth to it to begin with, it needs every bit of help it can get in that department. But I guess some like things with as little thought, teamwork and skill as possible.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@zinkz.7045 said:Downstate adds depth, teamwork, decision making and build considerations to the game. (which in a game mode that is already about as simplistic, low skilled and braindead as you can get is sorely needed)

No kidding. The whole kitten gameplay revolves around downed state. You need to take those things into consideration but that doesn't mean it's good for the game or fun game play.

You say no kidding, yet you think it is a "noob carrying mechanic" when it is in fact the opposite, it increases the low skill cap of the combat in this game and better players manage downstate better than the noobs.

As for what is fun, that is very subjective, personally when I still played this game more than twice year I preferred the added depth that downstate provides it is not like the combat (or the mode when it comes to WvW) has mountains of depth to it to begin with, it needs every bit of help it can get in that department. But I guess some like things with as little thought, teamwork and skill as possible.

Perhaps a compromise? You get downstate once, then it goes on cooldown. Hit zero health again before the cooldown is up and that's it.

Facepalm!

What, they are the enablers for this gameplay - guards can heal downed through pretty much anything while necros hit 20+ targets by vomitting AoE. They are the handicap in the zerg that favors the one with more of them. Blaiming downed state for the failings of game balance seems odd.

FACEPALM, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I starting talking about handicapping and you started talking about guard and necro. Your conversation is similar to the following:Me: The double slit experiment demonstrates that electrons have dual like properties of matter and waves.You: I like macaroni and cheese.

The fact that you got likes, just goes to show that other people like macaroni and cheese too. This world is filled with.... M, O, R, O.......

@zinkz.7045 said:

As for what is fun, that is very subjective, personally when I still played this game more than twice a year I preferred the added depth that downstate provides it is not like the combat (or the mode when it comes to WvW) has mountains of depth to it to begin with, it needs every bit of help it can get in that department. But I guess some like things with as little thought, teamwork and skill as possible.

You don't even play the game I guess that speaks volumes about your lack of understanding.Read my post. Downed state heavily favors a bigger group of players, giving them an even BIGGER advantage on top of already having more players. You don't play the game, you don't read my posts, and you don't know what you're talking about. If you don't even play the game, you don't belong on the forums. Please go away, your "feedback" isn't wanted.

@bigo.9037 said:

You don't even play the game I guess that speaks volumes about your lack of understanding.Read my post. Downed state heavily favors a bigger group of players, giving them an even BIGGER advantage on top of already having more players. You don't play the game, you don't read my posts, and you don't know what you're talking about. If you don't even play the game, you don't belong on the forums. Please go away, your "feedback" isn't wanted.

LOL, I've played the game plenty, and I still play very occasionally, apparently enough (unlike some) to understand that downstate is not a "noob carrying mechanic" but the opposite.

As for larger groups, who cares, virtually every mechanic favours larger groups, because guess what you don't design games on the basis of 1v5 (or whatever).

If you can't cope with people pointing out the gaping flaws in your posts, then perhaps you should avoid making QQ threads on a public forum that highlight your own lack of objectivity and understanding of the game.

Archived