[Idea] Possible solution to "trenchcoats"

Ashantara.8731

How about all chest armor pieces, whose length goes beyond the waist, have an option added where you can cut off (i.e., deactivate) the lower part of the armor piece where the waist line of the pants starts?

Example: Aetherblade Medium JerkinkCCKduj.jpg

Further Examples: (looks that I would like to see)McYnkfI.jpg

I know that the “cutting-off” mechanic already exists, as many boots that are worn with certain pieces of leg armor are cut off from the ankle upward.Example: Stately Footwear boots --> 02_stately-boots.jpg

P.S. I am aware that this is not doable with every “trenchcoat” model, but there are plenty with whom it could work.

@Demeth.5816 said:Do they still make that much trench coats? I don't think they do it anymore, am I wrong? I moved from medium to heavy armor class so u don't pay attention much.

Uhm, well. Yes, they do -- although one could say they switched from ugly trenchcoats to generally weird looking armor design (futuristic/spacey, over-designed, IMO ugly).

• 7 months later...

@coso.9173 said:this has been a hot topic for years, and nothing has been done. the devs insist in giving medium armor only long flowing choices. how hard is it to add a couple of skintight short tops? leather harness? anything that is not a trenchoat??

The PvP medium armor is a pretty solid non trenchcoat option as is the WvW set.

Otherwise...meh.

@coso.9173 said:this has been a hot topic for years, and nothing has been done. the devs insist in giving medium armor only long flowing choices. how hard is it to add a couple of skintight short tops? leather harness? anything that is not a trenchoat??

So much this. Now that I've discovered the clothing-tonic-being-turned-into-outfits option, I am making use of it, namely the hoodie with the bare arms, even though they look a bit too modern for my taste and dislike the boots, plus they have very limited dying options. But we aren't given much alternatives, are we?

or they could just make more armour, but we know that won't ever happen!we'll get gloves and boots but chest and legs? hell naw!its like Anet forgot that we actually have more than arms and legs...ANET if you're wondering why your recent armour "sets" don't sell very well, its because you forgot to make the rest of the thing...still waiting on the bikini armours btw!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Seteruss.4058 said:Ardent glorious medium.
Yes it is like an armor
but at least is normal..

This, unfortunately. It's just not my style for a ranger or thief, or even an engineer.

Thematically I pick ad infinitum with fractal skins and while I wasn't sure for the result, it end up nice to my eyes.But yes. Not the best option for ranger.

Archived