Human Female idle animations. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Human Female idle animations.

Can we have the old female idle animations back, specifically 'the stretch'? I found refugees in Crystal Oasis using this animation, and was thus reminded of the fact these were removed from Player characters. Make it happen! (Thanks for the Stretch on the Griffon but it is not the same!)

Better get a wriggle on.

Comments

• Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

Yes I saw them and it reminded me. The dream must never die! Clearly they still have access to them. Make it so, A.net. It is time.

• 100% Support over here. I've actually forgotten what the old animations looked like and my main back in 2012 was a female human ranger! D:

The Assassin of Rata Sum
    Proud Member of Wards of the Mists [WARD]
  • Didn't they remove them because of something to do with the Living Story?

At least my Super Spider can still dance to his hearts content during dramatic scenes :P

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

I'd love to see it back too but it did look bad in certain armors. I don't think I've ever read why they removed it.

I'd prefer if they made a new idle animation instead.
    Something a bit in this style maybe https://a.pomf.cat/xnmzhv.webm

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

And then there's me, I want to disable every idle animation on my characters because of clipping issues. I think idle animations should be optional.

• Narrrz.7532Narrrz.7532 Member ✭✭✭

Totally in favour of bringing back original idles as well as a toggle to prevent your characters performing them.

Also in favour of new gemstore anims - we have dance manual, why not other anims too?

• Jinroh.4251Jinroh.4251 Member ✭✭✭

There was a bug with it that broke something in game. They haven't fixed it because I assume that it still causes that bug to make that portion of the game unplayable. I guess they don't to devote resources to fixing it when they can just do something else. I mean when was the last time we got anything new in terms of emotes and other stuff like that?

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:
    While they're at it, could they disable the human male idles? Not a big fan of my toon wringing his hands and peering around like an anxious schoolgirl.

Every time I see that I wonder what's wrong with human males.
    They look like they're playing with their imaginary fingernails like something is wrong with them or something.

Exactly! Not to mention that I cannot equip any big back item on my female Sylvari because they clip hard during the arm swing idle animation. These are some of the reasons why we should be able to disable idle animations if we don't like them! More options are good.

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I spotted the stretch and yawn human female animation while mounted on a raptor.

• RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2017

@Alga.6498 said:
    Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Yes, that is sadly also true... but it would be better to focus on the old idles at the moment.

Also for those who are curious, you can still notice the old animations when in combat.

• RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2017

@notebene.3190 said:

@Narrrz.7532 said:
    Totally in favour of bringing back original idles as well as a toggle to prevent your characters performing them.

Also in favour of new gemstore anims - we have dance manual, why not other anims too?

Suggested something similar a few years back in the old forums. Bring them back. Provide a UI on the character sheet, like gliders or minis, except each has a 'check box' where you enable/disable any that you want active/inactive. Create and sell more for gems.

A bonus, if this is really all about emoting in the story, would be to create a proximity disable when you are within x meters of an NPC who is currently 'acting', as in a story step. Bonus-bonus: Add the ability to enable/disable that (if you'd rather have your character looking bored while someone is talking).

ArenaNet stated that they cannot alter idles like that regarding NPCs. It's not like it matters... if you want your character to look serious, grab a weapon or do /crossarms or /sad .

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

100000% id pay gems for it pls pls

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Well, I want them back too. Put them on an optional toggle in setttings if need be and/or make them cost diamonds, I don't care ... but bring them BACK !!!
    I happen to base my participation and spending in this game on overall satisfaction and this is still THE most negative issue so far ... not only for the effects themselves even though I really cherished them but also because of its abysmal handling by those in charge and the blatant ignorance and lying about it.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

I'm inclined to believe it was removed due to shoulder clipping when the stretch was performed. I remember having a human female warrior at one point and it was, while I personally couldn't care less, odd seeing the shoulders clip through practically everything on the way there and back. I'd vouch to bring back that animation nevertheless - even better if they'd make new ones or a system akin to ESO's 'personality' packs.

• circuitnerd.5863circuitnerd.5863 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2017

@Alga.6498 said:
    Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

Looking at running animation right now and it looks the same back in 2012.

Do a barrel roll

• @circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

I'll record a few examples of the old and new animation and then compare it side-by-side. I'll update this thread when that happens.

• Zakka.2153Zakka.2153 Member ✭✭✭

I say we need more animations and poses and /actions.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like it to have a checkbox in the game options to enable/disable idle animations for your character. I sometimes make Windows DreamScenes with my character like this one and I have to wait for a miracle (something unknown) to make my char stop wiping his forehead.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• @circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sassy human female characters still want their idle animations back!

Better get a wriggle on.

• @RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

I will guess I'm horrible, but I really having trouble seeing the difference between the two.
    What was changed? The head I guess looks like it was lowered down a little? The posture?

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

I will guess I'm horrible, but I really having trouble seeing the difference between the two.
    What was changed? The head I guess looks like it was lowered down a little? The posture?

Similarly. Also, from 1:10 and onwards in the video I am getting distracted by.... other things.

Bouncy other things.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

It's mostly where the arms are. Close to the body vs further apart. I think they did it so they could move where the weapons were sheathed out a little bit, so they didn't clip with most (many more?) bottom armor, but then moving that out caused the arms to (maybe?) swing through sheathed weapons? Honestly, I've never understood all the fuss about clipping. I mean, there are some hideous ones, but some complaints just start getting nitpicky.

I used to think they had changed how the legs moved, but that video doesn't show what I had envisioned, so I guess I had misremembered. (<- not a word, I guess, but better than the recommended 'dismembered'). I thought there was more of a spring in the step, with a higher knee on the forward leg and a straighter leg (no knee bend) on the back leg. But, looking at around 1:05, I don't see it. What is interesting is I have some screen shots around where I captured that 'step' I'm thinking of, but that video doesn't seem to show it, so it makes me wonder if it happened in stages?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

More idle and emote animations for all species and genders, please.

• @Oglaf.1074 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

Similarly. Also, from 1:10 and onwards in the video I am getting distracted by.... other things.

Bouncy other things.

So glad I can't notice no "bounce" in this game. It's really bad in some of the other games I play on max settings which sometimes makes me want to just lower the settings to not see my character going through all that uncomfy movements from a little nudge on the controller.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

So glad I can't notice no "bounce" in this game. It's really bad in some of the other games I play on max settings which sometimes makes me want to just lower the settings to not see my character going through all that uncomfy movements from a little nudge on the controller.

Well, when they are running around in their undies like in the video it makes sense.

The slow-mo helps make it more noticable/obvious too, lol.

It does, however, feel kinda silly when I see female Guardians/Warriors/Revenants who's steel breastplates jiggle occasionally.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• @Oglaf.1074 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

Well, when they are running around in their undies like in the video it makes sense.

It does, however, feel kinda silly when I see female Guardians/Warriors/Revenants who's steel breastplates jiggle occasionally.

Yeah... one of the games I'm talking about has that jiggle too in steel/metal plates/armour on.
    It's even more noticable like... it's one of those doorstoppers that like goes boingoingoingoingoingoing super fast?
    I have no clue who said the chest moves like that in armour, but I think the designers need a talking to.

Kind of glad GW2 it's not as noticeable for me.

• Please make the demanded idle and running animations more optional so that the players who do not like them turn it off. By that way everyone is happy and not just a majority of the players. :)

This is your fate

• Kirnale.5914Kirnale.5914 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2017

It was time to revive the old human animation thread! So that Anet never forgets. Never. Wonder why Anet keeps deleting old, good stuff. (Anyone remember the old login screen that was EPIC?)

• maybe they should make the stretch and yawn separate emotes so we can spam them if we really need to in game and they wont effect toons in story scenes.

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭

Request for comment

signature

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

They do a big bounce if you weild 1 handed weapons (sword dagger) and side step left. Weird they added it to steel plates like you said but at least they added physics and some are actually good. I was in wvw using a catapult vs a tower, the grass in front of the cata moved from the pressure waves when shooting the cata.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice thread Necro there lol. But never stop asking for these back!

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

I think it was because my character would look too bored during story scenes.

But to be fair, I was bored too; so what's wrong with that?

• There are games allowing you to customize your character's gait animation and I wonder why that thing is not getting monetized often - I know some people who would pay to see their toon running like Naruto. Btw, don't know if it possible to be implemented into GW2 code-wise.