GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist)

Also this fall, Quiznos is celebrating an epic new saga of gameplay for the multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 with special reward codes available in-store. Quiznos guests will receive a card containing a unique code for in-game items in Guild Wars 2 with every order including at least one sub from November 1 through November 30, 2019, while supplies last.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191021005069/en/Quiznos-Reaches-Prime-Addition-Seasonal-Prime-Rib

Reddit thread says you get:

  • 10 slot bag
  • Karma Booster
  • Experience Booster
  • Item Booster
  • Mini Icebrood Saga Ogre

The mini is unique only to this promotion.

<1

Comments

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I take it this is US only? Apparently there's still a few stores near me in the UK but these promotions are usually country-specific (except when that tea company apparently just assumed no one outside the USA has internet access) and since it doesn't specify in the article I assume this one is too.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

  • mtpelion.4562mtpelion.4562 Member ✭✭✭

    I thought Quiznos went under like a decade ago.

  • Iozeph.5617Iozeph.5617 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

    Let me guess. For the items you have to go to Quiznos. For the poop sandwich you actually have to log in? Is it still toasted?

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

    @mtpelion.4562 said:
    I thought Quiznos went under like a decade ago.

    According to Wikipedia, they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 2014. They emerged from bankruptcy 2 months later, but apparently struggled until they were acquired by a new parent company in 2018. They currently have far less pervasiveness they had in 2006-2007, but are still multinational with stores all across North America, South America, and Asia.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

    I hear Quizno's loves the moon.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019

    This may be found interesting: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/quiznos/

    (There's a discount coupon, as well.)

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    This may be found interesting: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/quiznos/

    (There's a discount coupon, as well.)

    The fact that they've got Euro, British Pound and Ruble pricings is encouraging, it sounds like this promotion might actually be open to players outside the USA.

    Although in practical terms it's not open to many people in the UK since all their remaining stores are in London, the bits of Kent and Essex which are basically London (sorry Stratford, but it's true) and Luton, which claims to be in London to trick people into flying into their airport.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

  • I've got one within 30 miles so that might work. I didn't realize so many of them closed! I used to have one right by work :(

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019

    @Menadena.7482 said:
    So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

    I'm pretty sure this promotion is an attempt to attract new players via Quiznos customers and not necessarily designed for current players with L80 characters. And it seems the promotion does include a code for $10 off Path of Fire (standard or deluxe) which if purchased would also include the core game and HoT. Anet didn't even announce it on their blog that I know of so again it seems it was meant to attract new players from those visiting Quiznos and not necessarily get current players to go to Quiznos.

    There used to be several Quiznos within a 5-15 minute drive from where I live. I live close to a large city. Now I looked it up since I have not seen one in a while and kind of forgot they existed sort of like Blockbuster. The nearest is almost a 2 hour drive away. And about 3 more within about a half day drive. I've seen a few people on GW2 Reddit over the last week or so giving away codes. So maybe if an actual Quizons is hard to find keep an eye out there.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019

    @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

    @Menadena.7482 said:
    So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

    I'm pretty sure this promotion is an attempt to attract new players via Quiznos customers and not necessarily designed for current players with L80 characters. And it seems the promotion does include a code for $10 off Path of Fire (standard or deluxe) which if purchased would also include the core game and HoT. Anet didn't even announce it on their blog that I know of so again it seems it was meant to attract new players from those visiting Quiznos and not necessarily get current players to go to Quiznos.

    There used to be several Quiznos within a 5-15 minute drive from where I live. I live close to a large city. Now I looked it up since I have not seen one in a while and kind of forgot they existed sort of like Blockbuster. The nearest is almost a 2 hour drive away. And about 3 more within about a half day drive. I've seen a few people on GW2 Reddit over the last week or so giving away codes. So maybe if an actual Quizons is hard to find keep an eye out there.

    I didn't realise the promotion had already started, I was waiting for an announcement on the main GW2 site with more information, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that it exists beyond the terms and conditions added to the legal documentation page. It's not much of a promotion if you don't tell anyone it exists, especially when it's run in conjunction with a company everyone seems to have assumed shut down years ago.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This? Does this also mean gw2 will slowly disappear too? lol. Thankfully not.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019

    @Danikat.8537 said:

    @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

    @Menadena.7482 said:
    So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

    I'm pretty sure this promotion is an attempt to attract new players via Quiznos customers and not necessarily designed for current players with L80 characters. And it seems the promotion does include a code for $10 off Path of Fire (standard or deluxe) which if purchased would also include the core game and HoT. Anet didn't even announce it on their blog that I know of so again it seems it was meant to attract new players from those visiting Quiznos and not necessarily get current players to go to Quiznos.

    There used to be several Quiznos within a 5-15 minute drive from where I live. I live close to a large city. Now I looked it up since I have not seen one in a while and kind of forgot they existed sort of like Blockbuster. The nearest is almost a 2 hour drive away. And about 3 more within about a half day drive. I've seen a few people on GW2 Reddit over the last week or so giving away codes. So maybe if an actual Quizons is hard to find keep an eye out there.

    I didn't realise the promotion had already started, I was waiting for an announcement on the main GW2 site with more information, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that it exists beyond the terms and conditions added to the legal documentation page. It's not much of a promotion if you don't tell anyone it exists, especially when it's run in conjunction with a company everyone seems to have assumed shut down years ago.

    It's a long shot but I'm just going to throw this out there: if anyone has a code for the mini pet they don't want and are willing to give away please let me know.

    Yeah I'm kind of confused as to when it started or if it has. The link in the OP of this thread says:

    Also this fall, Quiznos is celebrating an epic new saga of gameplay for the multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 with special reward codes available in-store. Quiznos guests will receive a card containing a unique code for in-game items in Guild Wars 2 with every order including at least one sub from November 1 through November 30, 2019

    Well today is closing on the end November 1st and no official blog post that I have seen.

    And Massivelyop reported on it today.

    But people were sharing codes as early as 3 days ago:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dohia7/free_icebrood_saga_hero_bundle_codes/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dpyrkm/free_icebrood_sage_heros_bundle_codes/

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's possible those people work for Quiznos, the codes would probably have arrived in store ahead of the promotion starting and if they have enough the manager may not care (or even notice) if the staff take some. Or they could be the manager.

    I just find it weird that apart from the legal info I can't find any mention of this on the GW2 website or on Quiznos websites (US or UK) and a search for 'Quiznos Guild Wars 2' brings up copies of the article linked in the first post, this forum topic, a Wiki user called Quiznos and then just generic results for GW2. After the mess that was the Kung-fu Tea promotion I won't be at all surprised if this one goes badly, but neither partner even telling anyone it's happening is especially bad.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2019

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    It's possible those people work for Quiznos, the codes would probably have arrived in store ahead of the promotion starting and if they have enough the manager may not care (or even notice) if the staff take some. Or they could be the manager.

    I just find it weird that apart from the legal info I can't find any mention of this on the GW2 website or on Quiznos websites (US or UK) and a search for 'Quiznos Guild Wars 2' brings up copies of the article linked in the first post, this forum topic, a Wiki user called Quiznos and then just generic results for GW2. After the mess that was the Kung-fu Tea promotion I won't be at all surprised if this one goes badly, but neither partner even telling anyone it's happening is especially bad.

    Quiznos does have a page up:

    http://www.quiznos.com/guild-wars-2

    It seems GW2 and Anet not so much. Which once again makes me think this promotion is to gain new customers that visit Quiznos and not send players to them. That is unless the plan was to confuse GW2 players enough that they talk about it, remember Quiznos even exists and look for locations near them. In that case it seems we fell for it. :tongue:

  • It's confusing; MassivelyOP says it's just for the U.S. and Canada, but the Legal Documentation shows currencies from outside NA.

    ArenaNet says the promotion begins today, November 1st, and runs through November 30th, only while supplies last, and only in the US and Canada.

  • Is it Canada? There is a like 4 quiznos within walking distance from me

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2019

    @SinisterSlay.6973 said:
    Is it Canada? There is a like 4 quiznos within walking distance from me

    Then get walking and find out. :tongue:

    Don't forget to report back for your fellow GW2 Canadians. Oh and send @Danikat.8537 an extra code if you get one. I think they really like collecting minis from what I have read on the forums over the years. :)

  • Sorry haven't had a chance to go yet. Drove past 3 of them while x-mas shopping. Ended up at Thai Express. I'll go check it out tomorrow.

  • knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

    Anet working with Quiznos. Very symbolic.

    so you are still salty about that.

  • There used to be several near me; in fact, my daughter used to work at one.
    Now, the closest is about 20 miles away. It's doubtful I'll be near it any time soon.

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

    I got an email this evening from GW2 promoting the Quiznos thing so I suppose it was not as one sided as I thought. Also it did state:

    *Only available at Quiznos located in the United States and Canada

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Went to Quiznos and didn't get anything. Their screens were advertising the promotion though.

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Went to Quiznos and didn't get anything. Their screens were advertising the promotion though.

    Did you ask them about it?

    Edit: Sorry maybe I misunderstood your post. Do you mean you went to Quiznos and bought something but didn't get anything related to the promotion or you went there but didn't buy anything?

  • Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

    I've got a Quiznos 15 minutes away from somewhere I'm going tonight. Not sure if I am up for buying an expensive sub to get a code for only a new mini I probably won't use and a couple of boosters. I kind of feel like they made the offer less exciting for current players expressly because they didn't want a repeat of the KFT outrage. Tossing in a guaranteed wardrobe unlock or a couple hundred gems would have sold me on it. Maybe I will leave it for the hardcore mini collectors and newbies who can use the $10 off PoF code.

    The sub does look pretty tasty, though...

    If I go, I will report back. ^^

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Went to Quiznos and didn't get anything. Their screens were advertising the promotion though.

    Did you ask them about it?

    Edit: Sorry maybe I misunderstood your post. Do you mean you went to Quiznos and bought something but didn't get anything related to the promotion or you went there but didn't buy anything?

    I went there and bought a sub but didn’t get the promotional card with the code. I guess I could have asked but assumed it would have been included automatically. To be honest, the sub wasn’t worth what they were charging so I probably won’t go back.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Palador.2170 said:
    And the closest one is... over 100 miles away. Yeah, not going to bother with this one.

    I did recently find out that there is now a Kung Fu Tea not too far away. I went in there. It's ... not someplace I'd consider going back to, to put it kindly. I think ANet needs to reconsider who they're teaming up with for marketing, because these kind of associations are not a good look for them.

    Just out of curiosity, what about KFT impacted you like that?

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Does anybody remember this?

    And yes, THESE WERE REAL...as in, on T.V. not just an internet parody.

    Gotta say, though, Quiznos is frikkin delicious.

    A true friend of the crown

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

    I was going to go to Quiznos today as part of errands but apparently per Google Maps they aren't open on Sundays, at least not the one 11 miles from me in a place I don't normally go, and the others are further away and in much worse traffic areas. Since I'm mostly a stay-at-home person these days, I may or may not have another opportunity to go try a sub from them while the GW2 supplies last.

  • Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    Just out of curiosity, what about KFT impacted you like that?

    It was small and cramped, with no decor at all. It was just ... almost white. Two small metal tables with two uncomfortable looking chairs each were crammed into a small space up front, but it would have been very crowded to actually have 4 people there. There was a narrow hallway leading back to what I assume would have to be a restroom area, with a wall seperating that from the food prep area. And the way it was all set up, you can't really see much, if any, of the food prep. There were 4 people there that were apparently employes (at least that's what I hope they were), though only one or two appeared to be working at that time.

    Also, there's a food place in a nearby mall that does basically the same stuff as KFT in a food prep area as small or smaller, AND they also do these ice cream sundays that are made by putting hard ice cream into a shaving device, and wind up looking like something you'd see in an anime once all the toppings and such are on. And for about the same price (on the drinks), too. When the chain place comes across as second rate compared to the independent, that's not good at all.

    I also got a very strong feeling of "Why are you here making us do our job?', but that might have just been me.

    Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

    Nearest Quiznos to me is over 12 miles through a ton of US east coast traffic, which means it might as well be 40 miles anywhere else. And you actually physically have to go to the store to buy something to get the code? Excuse me Anet, but this is the internet age. We should get the kitten code by the app or online. Not to mention that Quiznos is a sinking ship of a chain to be associated with. Bad, bad setup.

  • Llethander.3972Llethander.3972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019
  • and the 10 slot bag you have to type the name to delete, why?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @khani.4786 said:
    and the 10 slot bag you have to type the name to delete, why?

    Because reasons

  • @Palador.2170 said:
    And the closest one is... over 100 miles away. Yeah, not going to bother with this one.

    Same. All the nearby ones closed down.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    There's finally an article on it, which confirms it's US and Canada only. Good thing I found that out before a wasted trip. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/get-an-icebrood-saga-heros-bundle-at-quiznos/

    Now I'm just hoping the mini pet will be available another way.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

  • For any in the New Orleans area I can confirm that they have the cards at the Clearview Ave location. They didn't have a clue about what Guild Wars was (lol) but they had about 2 cases of the cards.

  • DC residents are out of luck, the C street location, the only one in the district, doesn’t have them. I might try the Bethesda location if it’s convenient. If I do I’ll let you guys know if they have them

  • KThallus.7402KThallus.7402 Member
    edited November 4, 2019

    The Quizno's in my neighborhood in San Jose (Silicon Valley), CA did not have them guess I will try another location tomorrow, but I did get the sandwiches. Arenanet do you have a list of participating locations?

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

    I've looked everywhere i can't seem to find a Quiznos in Australia ..... Closest one appears to be Hawaii..

  • With a quick map search of my major metropolitan area, there are 18 permanently closed Quiznos stores near me. The closest open store is 2 hours away. Was this the best choice for a promotion? Is there ever going to be an alternative?

    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. And I used to eat Quiznos for lunch occasionally. But 1,000 of their stores closed years ago. The accessibility just isn't there.

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019

    Apparently some locations are not even honoring the promotion so maybe you are not missing anything. From this thread:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1089163/

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I went there and bought a sub but didn’t get the promotional card with the code. I guess I could have asked but assumed it would have been included automatically. To be honest, the sub wasn’t worth what they were charging so I probably won’t go back.


    @KeeperOfTheArt.1926 said:
    DC residents are out of luck, the C street location, the only one in the district, doesn’t have them. I might try the Bethesda location if it’s convenient. If I do I’ll let you guys know if they have them


    @KThallus.7402 said:
    The Quizno's in my neighborhood in San Jose (Silicon Valley), CA did not have them guess I will try another location tomorrow, but I did get the sandwiches. Arenanet do you have a list of participating locations?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dante.1508 said:
    I've looked everywhere i can't seem to find a Quiznos in Australia ..... Closest one appears to be Hawaii..

    Well wouldent help you even if you found one in australia, since its only usa (as usual) and canada thats in on the promotion.

  • notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Can we go to the one in Norrath? 🤔

    In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Dante.1508 said:
    I've looked everywhere i can't seem to find a Quiznos in Australia ..... Closest one appears to be Hawaii..

    Well wouldent help you even if you found one in australia, since its only usa (as usual) and canada thats in on the promotion.

    I see well thats a pointless thing then huh.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Anet, please put up front that these promotions are in limited regions and how to get them working. Also for every promotion with exclusive items, make other promotions in other regions get a chance at them.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭


    This was another ad. Warning, it may offend the Hungarian crowd.

    Again, delicious but not many around.
    The food was exceptional but a bit expensive for most people. Last time I went gotta regular sandwich, chips, drink....Total: $14.00
    So, yeah, not for the 5 dollar footlong folks

    A true friend of the crown

  • Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭

    So another promo just for the US? I have a feeling that the majority of players is actually from outside the US, though I understand that reaching the US demographic in one go is a little easier then having to cater to 15 european countries , Russia and assorted other countries in the remaining continents.

    How about teaming up with McDonalds? :D That would cover everyone.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.