[Questions] Do both the expansion packs go on sale very often? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Questions] Do both the expansion packs go on sale very often?

I have recently gotten back into GW2 and was curious about purchasing the expansions as I reached lvl 80 on one of my characters.
I am quite tight on money however and was wondering if theres going to be another sale for the DLCs, and when it would theoretically be?
Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

They tend to cycle round events and announcements I think. Not sure if they’d do one for the new episode on the 19th, but otherwise maybe around Christmas/New Year.

It’s usually whenever they feel it’s time to push players to catch up

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

Just wanted to add: you only need to buy PoF on sale, HoT comes free with PoF.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

One bit of good news: you only need to buy Path of Fire and you'll get Heart of Thorns included for free.

As for sales it's hard to say for sure as I don't think they're on a regular schedule. But the most likely times are either at the end of November when the USA has 'black Friday' the day after Thanksgiving (which is increasingly turning into a whole weekend, or even week of sales online), or in January when they often do sales (probably aimed at people who got money for Christmas).

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

• I bought PoF for my son and got HoT free totalling the same as when I bought both on sale previously for my daughter a year before. I don't know if there will be a sale any time soon with the first expansion free with purchase of the second going on. $30 for both standard editions is the lowest I have ever seen and is the current price I believe.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

Depends on how you define "often", but they tend to run a discounted price at least twice a year.

To my knowledge the expansions have never been discounted in the Gem Store itself.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

After effectively bundling PoF and HoT, they probably won't do another sale for a while. If they were going to do one, it would be now, surrounding the release of the next episode. Alternatively, DLGamer always has it on sale, which is currently $20 for PoF.

• There's a promotion now, in the month of November, for $10 off Path of Fire (which includes Core and Heart of Thorns).
    So, $20 for everything (if you have a Quizno's anywhere near).

• Thanks everyone, I'll wait a little bit to see how it goes given that Christmas is around the corner.
    :)

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trise.2865 said:
    Depends on how you define "often", but they tend to run a discounted price at least twice a year.

To my knowledge the expansions have never been discounted in the Gem Store itself.

They've never been sold in the Gem store. Closest being a deluxe upgrade for existing owners for like $15 worth of gems iirc

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

DLGamer's "sale" is nearly permanent.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.