Armistice Bastion - Strongly recommended for WvW Roamers/Duelists enthusiasts — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Armistice Bastion - Strongly recommended for WvW Roamers/Duelists enthusiasts

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.
Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

  1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
  2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
  • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
    Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.
    Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).
There are no shortage of duelers.
Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.
Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

  • Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
    IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.
    WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

Comments

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I can only afford the poor man's Armistice atm, OS
    Still need to work on my gear before I eventually get this. Mayhaps one day it might go on a sale.

  • msalakka.4653msalakka.4653 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd never heard of it. No idea when they added it but I might check it out if I come back. Thank you for posting about this.

  • msalakka.4653msalakka.4653 Member ✭✭✭

    @Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:
    Its a well made lounge area, but why should wvw players support anet with gems when next to none of that money goes towards improving wvw?

    Tbf I wouldn't buy gems for it, I'd just convert gold. Since I only played WvW there was precious little in the cash shop worth buying. I did buy some mount skin pack just to find out that it doesn't work on Warclaw. I couldn't be bothered to try and get a refund; I'm sure it was my fault for missing some fine print, and the level of apathy towards the game the state it is in just made contacting support sound like too much trouble.

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    Hey guys, its me again.
    Did you know that you can swap weapons in such a game like gw2? Yes, you can!
    By default its "~" key, with swap you gain access to different weapon, sigil and skills, that are probably off-CD and ready to be used!
    Well, if youre playing ele or engi, its kinda scuffed..But dont you worry! You have more skills than any other class anyway, just acces them by using F1->F4 buttons!
    I recommend using weapon swap, its really helpful and might improve your gameplay!

    Hope you enjoyed this guide, leave a like, subscribe and dont forget to ding ding ding the bell button!
    Cya on the next episode!

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019

    I bought the pass once it was released because testing on the golems there shows you the difference in damage output without any outlying factors such as keep bonuses, bloodlust , random enemy armor, etc.
    It's also useful if you want to see team chat without being in WvW taking up space while afk.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    It's also useful if you want to see team chat without being in WvW taking up space while afk.

    Why would anyone ever want that?!?!?!

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Has this pass ever been on sale?

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thats a thing? Never heard about it. The arena sounds interesting

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.
    Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

    1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
    2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
    • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
      Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.
      Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

    Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).
    There are no shortage of duelers.
    Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

    If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.
    Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

    • Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
      IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.
      WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

    How do you purchase it?

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stephen.6312 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.
    Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

    1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
    2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
    • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
      Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.
      Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

    Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).
    There are no shortage of duelers.
    Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

    If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.
    Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

    • Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
      IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.
      WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

    How do you purchase it?

    It was in the gem store for a limited time.
    Its taken off now but hopefully it will make a return soon.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Could always go eotm arena too

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @Stephen.6312 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.
    Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

    1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
    2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
    • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
      Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.
      Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

    Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).
    There are no shortage of duelers.
    Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

    If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.
    Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

    • Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
      IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.
      WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

    How do you purchase it?

    It was in the gem store for a limited time.
    Its taken off now but hopefully it will make a return soon.

    Ah, I see that you're not getting a provision off the 2 week passes that's still there or I assume you would have recommended that.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    hmmm another item to add to my list...along with silver fed salvage o matic and a special set of glider wings.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

    I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

    Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/‍-️-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-‍-️

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

    Here is why I did not buy Armistice Bastion:
    Even though I can easily afford it, still spend a fair amount of time playing GW2 and WvW is my primary game mode.

    For open world PvE (or everyone):
    The Guild Hall did not cost gems
    For instanced PvE (raids, fractals):
    The Aerodrome & the Mistlock Observatory did not cost gems
    For instanced PvP (sPvP):
    The PvP lobby did not cost gems

    • The other game modes do not have to pay gems just to gain access to friends to play with or wait in queue to play (-sPvP)
    • With Armistice Bastion ArenaNet proved that they have the tech capable of supporting GvG / Arena WvW physics
    • With Armistice Bastion ArenaNet proved that they can produce such areas timely but decide not to do it for unanswered reasons

    All of these are examples of dangling goodies to string players along, unfair treatment or outright mistreatment of WvW players.

    If that is something you want to support, go ahead and do what Eremite suggests. Buy your Bastion today.

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

    Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/‍-️-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-‍-️

    Actually all of them, because its NA list only B)

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

    Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/‍-️-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-‍-️

    Gotta get it now so I can bury ya in your own graveyard :p

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

    Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/‍-️-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-‍-️

    Gotta get it now so I can bury ya in your own graveyard :p

    I already got buried by all those i listed multiple times 😆

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Widmo.3186 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

    Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/‍-️-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-‍-️

    Actually all of them, because its NA list only B)

    If only armistice bastion was a place to gather both NA and EU WvW players!
    That would be epic.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • @msalakka.4653 said:
    I'd never heard of it. No idea when they added it but I might check it out if I come back. Thank you for posting about this.

    It costs Gems to go there, like any other Lounge Area. They did have a permanent version for a while, but that's gone and only the 2-week version is around.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    I took a screenie of a rare sight even in Armistice Bastion!
    4 top roaming guilds gathered to fight for supremacy during off hours.
    And there were a couple more guilds down in the Arena.
    I feel sad whenever I see Cedredor from KAOS because I've never beaten his Guardian :'(


    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    Omgosh look at this assembly of top roamers / guilds in the armistice bastion. drools
    And this was during off hours.
    Prime time would probably be more packed.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Duckota.4769Duckota.4769 Member ✭✭✭

    Can anyone confirm or deny if I lose participation in it?

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Duckota.4769 said:
    Can anyone confirm or deny if I lose participation in it?

    Participation is not lost when you are in it.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Prime time would probably be more packed.

    Its true because they couldnt possibly have anything better to do in prime.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is the duelling area used much in EU? I don't check it often admittedly, but it seems to be empty when I do :/

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Prime time would probably be more packed.

    Its true because they couldnt possibly have anything better to do in prime.

    You'll be surprised. I went the once shortly after reset and there were about 20 guys dueling/watching at the arena.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Prime time would probably be more packed.

    Its true because they couldnt possibly have anything better to do in prime.

    You'll be surprised. I went the once shortly after reset and there were about 20 guys dueling/watching at the arena.

    Thats just called waiting for queue because they want to join on EB where everyone knows only skillfull players run so they can post their 1v3 super pro outmanned videos against other skilled roamers.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    So.. flat surface, small area, no interesting features like height, walls, etc to interfere with Los or dodge attacks with...looks a little very dull for any gvg action (unless you like mashing two balls together). Roamers must be flocking to it to see who can out stealth each other...oh wait, there are actually 200 people in there we just can't see them!