Bunker Herald Sustain is Ridiculous

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Bunker/side node heraldRetribution/Salvation - Dwarf/Glint - Sword/Shield/Staff - Knights amulet + Rune of Leadership

Damage reduction skills/traits:Close quarters - 10% for foes beyond 360 rangeDetermined resolution - 15% with stabilityUnyielding devotion - 15% after using heal skill (also procs on shield skills, no icd)Hardening persistence - 1.5% per point of upkeep toggledProtection - 33%Facet of nature (dwarf) - 10%Vengeful hammers - 20%Rite of the great dwarf - 50%

Condi cleanse:Dwarf heal - 5Staff 4 - 2Shield 4 - 1Shield 5 - 4Elite skills - 3(infuse light)

Other:5 active healsroughly 700 barrier every 3 secondsroughly 300-400 passive healing per second (not including healing orbs)very high stability uptime2 blocks, 2 evadesgood cc

Cons:poor stun breaksvery low damagevery low mobility

If you cycle your skills properly, you can 1v2 almost any matchup for up to a minute on point. Against less skilled players you can 1v2, or sometimes even 1v3 indefinitely. The only counter ive seen is very heavy condi pressure combined with cc. I havent tried using demon stance yet. Seems as good or better than bunker scrapper was pre nerf.

im gonna have to learn how to start filtering out your post.I would say bunker herald is about as strong as it needs to be good for defending against 1 person bad like everything else when more than 1 person shows up it dies. I dont directly see how its insane atm. Even when paired with support firebrand it can still be killed in a team fight (ive done it a few times)...

@SeikeNz.3526 said:knight amulet is the wrong one, if you go avatar or harrier you can heal yourself like a fb and stay alive forever unless there's 3 people trying to kill you

I like being able to sustain vs power builds without moving or dodging, and i found the extra healing didnt do much to help vs heavy condi pressure.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:For all the mad hatters out there, some combat log screenshots with DR from facet of nature, vengeful hammers, and sometimes unyielding devotion.

some good numbers there. how much damage mitigation/ absorbed do you get at the end of a match?

I havent really looked at post game stats, but think I remember around 250 000 healing in a couple games.

The OP is clueless. I can run all defensive and heal skill and do that on any class with a tanky amulet. If all you can do is tank you are 100% useless. Can you sit on a point and be hard to kill? Sure, but if you cannot do much else enemies will take other point and obliterate your teammates. If you sit mid, they will ignore you and kill everyone else, then 1v3 or 1v4 you.

A bunker either needs to deal decent damage or provide good support to be remotely viable.

Knight is a bad choice with Dwarf. You waste so much potential by investing into something it already excels at.

Healing Power doesn't scale greatly on Dwarf, with Elder's Respite you can pull off some decent Regeneration which can replace Steadfast but that requires Facet of Light uptime while Rising Momentum is more practical because Swiftness duration is poor when not using Draconic Echo as you will want to use Forceful persistence if you have low damage.

Shield scales well, but the latter of other things don't really benefit from it as greatly.

Paladin/Marauder/Avatar are better choices to remain relevant.

Depending on the matchup, either Steadfast on low condition or Versed In Stone on high.

Staff is also overrated, if it wasn't for CoR being broken, you can easily raise damage by having Hammer with Sigil of Intelligence, every single skill but 1 and 4 hits just as hard as Deathstrike which one has a long evade to plan stuff in between.

If you're good enough at Dwarf, you can get away with Berserker funnily enough, there's no need for so much Toughness.

@otto.5684 said:The OP is clueless. I can run all defensive and heal skill and do that on any class with a tanky amulet. If all you can do is tank you are 100% useless. Can you sit on a point and be hard to kill? Sure, but if you cannot do much else enemies will take other point and obliterate your teammates. If you sit mid, they will ignore you and kill everyone else, then 1v3 or 1v4 you.

A bunker either needs to deal decent damage or provide good support to be remotely viable.

As a got tier pvp player and build theorycrafter, I can provide unprecedented levels of DR to my allies. Then when I have lured my enemies into a false sense of security I unleash the full potential of my DR tanking and laugh as their burst combo barely breaks through my passive barrier. Then when their moral is broken, I pull out the moves and cc combo them into a shameful retreat. Lets see you do that with any other build.

@Shao.7236 said:Knight is a bad choice with Dwarf. You waste so much potential by investing into something it already excels at.

Healing Power doesn't scale greatly on Dwarf, with Elder's Respite you can pull off some decent Regeneration which can replace Steadfast but that requires Facet of Light uptime while Rising Momentum is more practical because Swiftness duration is poor when not using Draconic Echo as you will want to use Forceful persistence if you have low damage.

Shield scales well, but the latter of other things don't really benefit from it as greatly.

Paladin/Marauder/Avatar are better choices to remain relevant.

Depending on the matchup, either Steadfast on low condition or Versed In Stone on high.

Staff is also overrated, if it wasn't for CoR being broken, you can easily raise damage by having Hammer with Sigil of Intelligence, every single skill but 1 and 4 hits just as hard as Deathstrike which one has a long evade to plan stuff in between.

If you're good enough at Dwarf, you can get away with Berserker funnily enough, there's no need for so much Toughness.

Yeah knights is unnecessary vs power builds, I just like being able to stand still when fighting them. I havent tried hammer yet.

He has tons of dmg reduction,yes. But thats why there are conditions.
The listed cleansings arent really a thing due to hundreds of skills that do more than 1 condition at a time, block-interrups or interrupts in general.

if the game would be all around power damage, then a tanky warrior could just stand afk with its healing signet.

Herald isnt really better than others