No juvenile smokescale anymore

senki.1046

hey,i got a real problem. i would like to tame a juvenile smokescale with my ranger, but all the smokescale locations are dependant on the meta event. now the problem is, tangle depht is a dead map, i've been there many times, but the event is never at max, cause no one is playing on that map anymore.or is there another way to get juvenile smokescale?if not, anet should put them on a location without being event depending.

Like all the HoT maps Tangled Depths runs on a timer. That means if you want to participate/catch the meta event at a particular point you need to go in at the right time. You can use the Wiki to find out when that is. (And as other people said aim to arrive about 20 minutes before the phase you want to allow time to get in, get there etc.)

I also highly recommend using the LFG tool to find an organised map. It's very unlikely you'll just load into an organised one by default, especially at busy times, but there should be groups advertising in LFG, especially in the evenings and at weekends.

To get the smokescale you don't have to find a map that does the gerent though. Just follow the scar outpost events to the end. Doesn't require more than 3-5 player. Can be done alone if you're careful with the 2 elite chak.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outpost:_SCAR_BivouacProtect the cannon until the Mordrem migration is stopped (80) <- is the one that needs to be finished

@sorudo.9054 said:you do know timed pets are a bad design right, not everyone has hours every single day to play GW2, there are ppl who only play when they have time and more then often that's not when any kind of "meta" is on.

That is, however, how the HoT metas work. Whether you like the design or not, that's the system. It's not going to change, people have had the same complaint since the game came out with world bosses. If you want stuff that you need to do the meta for, you need to pay attention to the timers. If you can't or won't, learn to live without that stuff.

@sorudo.9054 said:you do know timed pets are a bad design right, not everyone has hours every single day to play GW2, there are ppl who only play when they have time and more then often that's not when any kind of "meta" is on.

But you don't need hours every single day to do it. Especially since the OP is talking about taming a pet, which only needs to be done once per ranger character.

The fact that the event is on a timer actually makes this easier - if I wanted to I could check when it will be available tonight, or on Saturday or 2 weeks from now. I can pick a time period when I'm likely to be home, check when within that time the map will be at the right point and then make sure I'm online. Yes it does require some planning but so do most things. If I want to see a movie I'm not going to hang around the cinema hoping they start showing it while I'm there - I check when it's going to be shown and make sure I turn up at that time. Exact same idea here.

It did take me a while to get used to that, I think because I mainly play single-player games where everything is on hold when you're not playing. But once it clicked I found it relatively easy to make time to do the timed events. Of course it's usually at the weekends, which limits me a bit, but that's also when most other people are doing them so it works out ok.

I got angry trying to get the smokescale on my new ranger when PoF first released. Made it through an event chain with beetles until the end where it couldn't be finished because only two of us stuck around. Then I got notice to move to higher population map, so I did. New map hadn't even started the chain. I cussed in map chat and logged out. :astonished:

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

That is, however, how the HoT metas work. Whether you like the design or not, that's the system. It's not going to change, people have had the same complaint since the game came out with world bosses. If you want stuff that you need to do the meta for, you need to pay attention to the timers. If you can't or won't, learn to live without that stuff.

and that is why ppl complain and rightly so, if ppl can't because of meta then meta needs to be optional in every single case.it is seriously selfish to withheld stuff from ppl who simply are unable to get something just because of time restrictions, any and all basic stuff (including tamed pets) should always be there for every single player.i can understand legendary stuff but something as basic as a pet should be there for the taking.

@Redfeather.6401 said:I got angry trying to get the smokescale on my new ranger when PoF first released. Made it through an event chain with beetles until the end where it couldn't be finished because only two of us stuck around. Then I got notice to move to higher population map, so I did. New map hadn't even started the chain. I cussed in map chat and logged out. :astonished:

How civilized of you. Were you looking for pat on the head? A gold star? Getting angry at other people for something you had control of is petty, and doesn't encourage others to empathize with you, let alone have a desire to help. Instead of spilling out your vulnerabilities in a pointless fashion, use your words to ask for help. Both, you may argue are signs of weakness, but at least you have control of how the latter is perceived.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:I got angry trying to get the smokescale on my new ranger when PoF first released. Made it through an event chain with beetles until the end where it couldn't be finished because only two of us stuck around. Then I got notice to move to higher population map, so I did. New map hadn't even started the chain. I cussed in map chat and logged out. :astonished:

How civilized of you. Were you looking for pat on the head? A gold star? Getting angry at other people for something you had control of is petty, and doesn't encourage others to empathize with you, let alone have a desire to help. Instead of spilling out your vulnerabilities in a pointless fashion, use your words to ask for help. Both, you may argue are signs of weakness, but at least you have control of how the latter is perceived.

Why you assume I was angry at anyone. I was frustrated at the mechanics of how the pet was acquired, and how moving to a populated map reset all my progress when I didn't have time. The people in map chat didn't think I was blaming them!

@sorudo.9054 said:

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

and that is why ppl complain and rightly so, if ppl can't because of meta then meta needs to be optional in every single case.it is seriously selfish to withheld stuff from ppl who simply are unable to get something just because of time restrictions, any and all basic stuff (including tamed pets) should always be there for every single player.i can understand legendary stuff but something as basic as a pet should be there for the taking.

I'd say it pretty selfish for you to expect GW2 to obey your schedule. Its a multiplayer game and its first job is to provide solid multiplayer experiences, not single player ones. Timers create great multiplayer experiences by ensuring a critical mass of players can all show up to do a thing at once without requiring them all to know or coordinate with each other ahead of time. Putting rewards behind metas ensures there's a compelling reward for completing the content. Meta are already optional. You don't need anything behind them. It is all entirely optional to obtain, and you can progress through the rest of the game quite easily without it. Just like legendaries.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I want to say that the entire SCAR lane events can be done solo. I seem to remember doing that before some time ago. The Nuhoch events can be done solo up to the point where the final boss spawns.

Agreed. I have done the SCAR lane events on a healing druid. Nuhoch... I think that's somewhat less soloable for a lot of players.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

I think he/she reacted in a human fashion, used his/her words to express his/her frustration and logged off. I think it made him/her a very likable fellow unlike PC conform people like you that act like this is the Barney TV show.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Agreed. I have done the SCAR lane events on a healing druid. Nuhoch... I think that's somewhat less soloable for a lot of players.

Even at that, though, Nuhoch really only takes one or two more players to complete. I did the first couple of events solo on my full-glass berserker warrior before anyone else showed up, and then it was just the two of us that finished the rest of the events one time.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Agreed. I have done the SCAR lane events on a healing druid. Nuhoch... I think that's somewhat less soloable for a lot of players.

Even at that, though, Nuhoch really only takes one or two more players to complete. I did the first couple of events solo on my full-glass berserker warrior before anyone else showed up, and then it was just the two of us that finished the rest of the events one time.

Yeah. It's better to do Nuhoch with very few people because of how terrible the scaling is.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

Yeah. It's better to do Nuhoch with very few people because of how terrible the scaling is.

Not as terrible as the broken spawn locations.

Wait, why on Earth should something not be withheld from players? This is a game where you do stuff to get stuff. How is this a problem? This is how life in general works. Since when was everything freely given at any time to anyone who wants it? What's wrong with checking Lfg, or even god forbid checking wiki or gw2timer or gw2efficiency and planning on doing something to get something you want? Or maybe even staying up late one night when you might have a day off to work it out with an event time. Whatever you want to invest to get what you want. Especially for expansion end game content which is end game content and intended to be more complex and difficult. So should everyone just be given legendaries? I solo a lot of events and bosses but there are some just not intended to be solod for example. So I accept that, why should everything be easy?I just don't understand this sort of thinking. Sure it's frustrating at times, well go do something else that's fun for you til you are able to join a squad and do the event. It's not that hard.

It's really simple, if you want something bad enough you'll make the time for it, that even applies to playing a game that offers things you might want for your character...it's called life and we all live one. Having said that, as others have said, use the LFG tool and/or Dulfy's HoT Map Meta Event Timers page(I keep that and the world boss timer page open in my browser at all times, just to have them).

• 2 months later...

It's game content it's Ranger 101 stuff, it's not so important that it needs to be withheld from someone, and it's not so important that anybody must have it with no effort.Both arguments are ridiculous.It's a game, and even though this is a particularly good pet, it isn't required to progress.I intend to get it, and I intend to do what the game requires of me to do so.That said, this isn't IRL cash or some s**t like that, nobody is taking anything from you lighten up.It's a GAME, do what the game requires to get stuff.It's a GAME STFU about the evils of getting stuff too easy.

Archived