Arena Net ignoring support tickets

Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

@Mr Hildebrand.6742 said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

I'd suggest writing another ticket. Your first ticket might have accidently fallen into the 'collected' feedback bucket.

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Mr Hildebrand.6742 said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

I'd suggest writing another ticket. Your first ticket might have accidently fallen into the 'collected' feedback bucket.

@Mr Hildebrand.6742 said:Funny story about that, I have and there hasn't been a response on that one either, but I appreciate the feedback.

Writing another ticket is not the way. You need to update your original ticket. But yes, ownership queries take more time than others.

I've contacted support easily a dozen times in the past five years. I've only had to wait a long time one time. Most of the time I heard back in a couple of days and occasionally the same day. You have a guy who said the reputation is pretty bad but in reality there are plenty of people with plenty of tickets getting resolved.

They have had incidents with people's accounts being stolen, so they're naturally going to take more time verifying on that one. But don't make new tickets. Update your existing ticket.

@Mr Hildebrand.6742 said:The thing is they haven't asked me anything, they don't respond to me period. I can't offer them any more info if they don't ask me for any. My CD is a physical copy as are all my keys for the games.

You don't have to wait for them to ask; just update your ticket. Never send in a duplicate ticket for the same issue, as that will put you back at the end of the queue.

• ArenaNet Staff

We checked with our Customer Support team to see if we could resolve this for you. Your tickets have already been reviewed by four separate GMs all the way up to our Lead GM, and they've sent multiple responses, giving all of the information that they're able to. As explained, our CS team is not able to provide information regarding how they detect third party software and breaches to our terms of use.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

We checked with our Customer Support team to see if we could resolve this for you. Your tickets have already been reviewed by four separate GMs all the way up to our Lead GM, and they've sent multiple responses, giving all of the information that they're able to. As explained, our CS team is not able to provide information regarding how they detect third party software and breaches to our terms of use.

Oh snap. Got em.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

@"Mr Hildebrand.6742" said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue?
This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable
for any kind of company
and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

"This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable [...] and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore."

Sounds like you don't hold yourself to as high a standard as you think ANet should be held to. Good riddance.

AreneNet didn't ignored my support ticket I send yesterday at 13:43 (UTC+1) to change my login email address. I got an answer at 23:38 (UTC+1) and my login email address was changed before midnight UTC+1. So 10 hours after I requested the change it was finished. I think that is a very acceptable response time. Off course I was able to send them the names of all my characters and order information about my last purchase. I could also tell CS when exactly I bought the game, but couldn't provide the serial code.

I find it to be inappropriate to discuss Support-related enquiries in an open forum. We, the forum community, rarely get to hear both sides of the equation so any Support-related content should remain there.

That being said, we have been given both sides here so it is possible to comment.

I feel the OP is being disingenuous about the Support team. They are a terrific group of people who try their hardest to assist in any way they can. Every one of my tickets have been answered professionally and to a satisfactory standard.

My only criticism is the response time is not always top notch, however I do understand the pressures that they are under so I adjust my expectations to match the situation. This is something that we as a customer base must do. The Support team are paid to service their customer base so I very much doubt that they would do anything like the OP is claiming as this would place their role under threat.

How can I have the above opinions? I work on an IT service desk that caters for approx. 600 users. Whilst this is considerably smaller in scale compared to the customer base of Guild Wars 2, it carries the same principles.

To summarise:

• I feel Support-related topics should not be discussed here.
  • Be honest about your experiences. The truth will out, always.
  • Manage your expectations.

Thanks for reading.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:

I (and others) also have a problem of reporting an player where the behavior shouldnt be tolerated. We have tried the ingame report function, multiple times with no luck.So i decided to make an ticket directly to the support. One ticket every 7months or so, if nothing has changed. They only copy-pasted the answere to use the ingame-report. Even asked for evidence ,which they havent even looked at(there are view-counters :bleep_bloop: ) After always copying the same thing and asking for things, they directly closed every ticket , so i had to make an new one for an answere. What happened? They gave an 30days ban from the support ticket due to what they wanna call "spam".Still nothing happened.

Since they wont help (not even the leading staff), are there other options where we/i could get "help" from?Not knowing the full story, it's entirely possible they
have
checked your report, and just didn't find the behaviour of the player in question to warrant taking action. Or they have taken action, and you just haven't noticed it (it's easy to miss someone getting a 72h hour suspension, for example).

Remember, that the one thing they will definitely not do is to tell you how they've reacted to it. They made it clear over the years, that (unless the reported player starts airing things in public first) they won't be discussing any matters related to report with any third party. Player sending report also being considered a third party. There might be occasional exceptions to it, when the case is so big they just have to make a public response, but for 99.9% of cases you will never actually learn whether they did something (and if so, what exactly they did).

We are "spectating" the whole thing since beginning and now if any action has been taken or not, which hasnt. Their behavior is against the rules but the support doesnt care about anything.Not even an 1h suspension has been given.

Some of the people complaining about this player say "A game where the support doesnt care about anything is equal to a dead game"

apply water to the burned area

@Donutdude.9582 said:I find it to be inappropriate to discuss Support-related enquiries in an open forum. We, the forum community, rarely get to hear both sides of the equation so any Support-related content should remain there.

That being said, we have been given both sides here so it is possible to comment.

I feel the OP is being disingenuous about the Support team. They are a terrific group of people who try their hardest to assist in any way they can. Every one of my tickets have been answered professionally and to a satisfactory standard.

My only criticism is the response time is not always top notch, however I do understand the pressures that they are under so I adjust my expectations to match the situation. This is something that we as a customer base must do. The Support team are paid to service their customer base so I very much doubt that they would do anything like the OP is claiming as this would place their role under threat.

How can I have the above opinions? I work on an IT service desk that caters for approx. 600 users. Whilst this is considerably smaller in scale compared to the customer base of Guild Wars 2, it carries the same principles.

To summarise:

• I feel Support-related topics should not be discussed here.
  • Be honest about your experiences. The truth will out, always.
  • Manage your expectations.

Thanks for reading.

Totally agree with all of this

As always in life, the Donut is truth

@"Virdo.1540" said:We are "spectating" the whole thing since beginning and now if any action has been taken or not, which hasnt. Their behavior is against the rules but the support doesnt care about anything.Not even an 1h suspension has been given.

Some of the people complaining about this player say "A game where the support doesnt care about anything is equal to a dead game"

Sounds like Karen would like to speak to a manager.

@Virdo.1540 said:

I (and others) also have a problem of reporting an player where the behavior shouldnt be tolerated. We have tried the ingame report function, multiple times with no luck.So i decided to make an ticket directly to the support. One ticket every 7months or so, if nothing has changed. They only copy-pasted the answere to use the ingame-report. Even asked for evidence ,which they havent even looked at(there are view-counters :bleep_bloop: ) After always copying the same thing and asking for things, they directly closed every ticket , so i had to make an new one for an answere. What happened? They gave an 30days ban from the support ticket due to what they wanna call "spam".Still nothing happened.

Since they wont help (not even the leading staff), are there other options where we/i could get "help" from?Not knowing the full story, it's entirely possible they
have
checked your report, and just didn't find the behaviour of the player in question to warrant taking action. Or they have taken action, and you just haven't noticed it (it's easy to miss someone getting a 72h hour suspension, for example).

Remember, that the one thing they will definitely not do is to tell you how they've reacted to it. They made it clear over the years, that (unless the reported player starts airing things in public first) they won't be discussing any matters related to report with any third party. Player sending report also being considered a third party. There might be occasional exceptions to it, when the case is so big they just have to make a public response, but for 99.9% of cases you will never actually learn whether they did something (and if so, what exactly they did).

We are "spectating" the whole thing since beginning and now if any action has been taken or not, which hasnt. Their behavior is against the rules but the support doesnt care about anything.Not even an 1h suspension has been given.

How do you know they weren't punished?

You can't trust the person you reported, they want to make it seem like reporting them is pointless so of course they are going to say they weren't banned. ANet won't discuss what punishment has been given except with the person they punished and then only via ticket unless they come on the forum claiming innocence. So you can't ask ANet.

So again, how do you know?

If it was the first offense and the transgression was minor, they may have also just been punished with a verbal warning and no ban/suspension issued.