False advertising?

Josa.5067

@Palador.2170 said:And where do we start the process of telling them we want our gems back? Support?

Yes.

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:Glad I saw this thread, now I know not to spend my money on this trash.

Ditto. What a shame, because otherwise it is such a cool looking chair.

P.S. If you are considering getting the Chilly Chaise chair: don't. It has the same issue and - in general - the most boring sitting pose. It only looks acceptable on female Norn, to be honest.

So much for the ice brood saga being more focused on norn and charrCharr content = lack of attention to detail for the charr to fit non charr races....

Apparently one of my friends bumped into a anet employee in game who was sitting in the chair and asked them about it.Was told the chair had to be like that for the purpose of fitting all races (which makes no sense) this is not a valid reason imo as this is the case for all chairs regardless of how they are designed including larger chairs like the wing 5 and wing 7 chairs as well as possibly the pile of gold chair which is more fitting on a charr than this chair is.

Obviously all chairs have have to fit all races so i dont see how this is an valid reasoning for how this chair ended up this way.

If its a charr chair you design it both in looks and base size with the idea that a charr would use it before all other races.You model the chair with a charr sitting in it first and then place all other races in it accordingly even if the chair would be to big for them.For the sake of quality and attention to detail you do these things to ensure it looks the most proper for the race its designed around.

IF we get to episode 1 and a norn chair is released and its

• 1 bigger than this charr chair
  • 2 fits the norn perfectly first while being compatible with other races
  • 3 is not falsely advertised in splash art

I'll be very very very disappointed.

Anet we appreciate your hard work on this game we really do dont get most of the people here wrong, but we dont like it when corners are cut as badly as this.Of all the races you cant cut corners with its Charr, Norn, and Asura because taking short cuts or pushing through stuff like this shows up really badly with them having unique non human body models.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Apparently one of my friends bumped into a anet employee in game who was sitting in the chair and asked them about it.Was told the chair had to be like that for the purpose of fitting all races (which makes no sense) this is not a valid reason imo as this is the case for all chairs regardless of how they are designed including larger chairs like the wing 5 and wing 7 chairs as well as possibly the pile of gold chair which is more fitting on a charr than this chair is.

This excuse is silly. None of the previous chairs are big enough for charr. Now even the charr chair is too small for charr.

Scaling everything down to human size =/= making things fit all races.

I'm tired of always being an afterthought.

@Josa.5067 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:Apparently one of my friends bumped into a anet employee in game who was sitting in the chair and asked them about it.Was told the chair had to be like that for the purpose of fitting all races (which makes no sense) this is not a valid reason imo as this is the case for all chairs regardless of how they are designed including larger chairs like the wing 5 and wing 7 chairs as well as possibly the pile of gold chair which is more fitting on a charr than this chair is.

This excuse is silly. None of the previous chairs are big enough for charr. Now even the charr chair is too small for charr.

Scaling everything down to human size =/= making things fit all races.

I'm tired of always being an afterthought.

Thats just what i was told that he and several other people around him were told at the time. I doubt that person had anything to do with the chair design and maybe that was just their best guess as to why the chair is the way it is.

Still chair is not fitting for 90% of charrIf you are a smaller female charr with small shoulder armor the chair looks "mmmnn meh-ish" not as bad but the pose while sitting in it still makes it much worse than it could be. Even if they didnt change the scaling on the chair changing the animation would make it overall much much better.

Charr in small chair = ouchCharr in small chair + animation of squeezing to fit in = painful :cry:

@"nerfworthy.9618" said:Has anyone reported this as a bug? It doesn't seem to be scaling correctly to character size... If this is intended, then big yikes from me.

It's most likely intended, since the pose "matches" the size of the chair.

As dumb as it looks, that has been the usual pose for all of the previous chairs, that are also too small. A lot of people have complained about it, but ANet doesn't give a damn.

If the chair was indeed meant to be that big, but was scaled down because of a bug, it would still use the Dhuum chair animation, as was advertised.

iwlxO5O.jpg

@Josa.5067 said:

@"nerfworthy.9618" said:Has anyone reported this as a bug? It doesn't seem to be scaling correctly to character size... If this is intended, then big yikes from me.

As dumb as it looks, that has been the usual pose for all of the previous chairs, that are also too small. A lot of people have complained about it, but ANet doesn't give a kitten.

If the chair was indeed meant to be that big, but was scaled down because of a bug, it would still use the Dhuum chair animation, as was advertised.

iwlxO5O.jpg

Your Charr is so pretty! And the pose actually looks nice, I just think the back of the chair needs to be higher .. lol

@Josa.5067 said:

As dumb as it looks, that has been the usual pose for all of the previous chairs, that are also too small. A lot of people have complained about it, but ANet doesn't give a kitten.

iwlxO5O.jpg

plz ANET >>>THIS <<<the charr looks good in its chair ... plz the same for all other charrs on legionairs chair

Come to think of it I saw a comment above about the chair not allowing for tails. Beyond the scaling issue, why not have it constructed such that a tailed being could settle in it? I would find a sample image but searching isn't finding one. My concept is that the right arm and back are mostly as they are now, but the left side has a horizontal slot at the base of the back and the left arm extends from the back without a vertical support under it. So the charr can sit down and do a tail flick to slide the tail under the back rest. The chair's made of metal, it can be sturdy enough even without bracing one arm rest :)

No, they simply did a lazy job... and tried to avoid the bullet and admiting they are wrong.All the others race have a seat sized and with the advertised pose for them, except Charr, this will blow out, because this is unfair exclusivity.They can't even make a Charr feel special about their own Chair Style... like GG ANet... Super dissapointed.

They better be ready to refunds, otherwise we, consummer have the right to bring it even higher. And that will give us less will to buy their stuff.

I have already a very diminishin expectation for S5... already.

Oof.

Bug Fix:

• Updated the Gem Store banner for the Legionnaire's Chair.

ArenaNet, don't do that. That wasn't a bug. And honestly, even if other races looked small on a Charr chair, that would have been accurate to your lore, your world, and the people who have chosen to play Charr and pay for race-themed items like this one. You should recall the item, scale it correctly for Charr, and release it again with a short apology for any confusion. Even if you meant to release the chair this small, it was still not the right thing to do.

Don't act like the picture was the mistake; I say this as someone who wants to buy stuff from you.