[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

RisenHowl.2419

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Ragnarox.9601" said:who cares about mesmers, devs only play that and thief. Just nerf Firebrand! Why? cause mesmers can do it better.

? devs literally do everything in their power to avoiding nerfing firebrand.whenever they do get around nerfing something they make sure to buff something elseThere is a reason why guard is the best dps in pve, the best support in pve, easy to play.The best support in pvp too, and hes not getting nerfed :DMeanwhile "favourite" mesmer gets nerfed every single patch for years.LuL developers even buffed guard during no balance batch, just some QoL changes but guard special little snowflake gets dmg boost :D

They need to destroy mesmer oneshot build, this should not exist in any game. They need to put cds into f1 skills and nerf dmg output attacking from stealth by 50%. And bts firebrand/guard is nerfed every patch for last 5 years. They only buff meaningfull stuff like signets and spirit weapons that nobody use cause they are dead for 5 years.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:First one yeah that was an impossible situationIf you are a slug and your reaction time is 3 seconds later then ye, impossible.

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

Is it just me, or did the mes @ 4:34 knock you back twice with GS #5? How is that possible?

oh yea, that was weird as kitten lol

As a Mirage main who uses GS (not the 1 shot stun burst kind), I do not know how that is possible.

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirageI'm slightly surpised that everyone are blind or their iq is too low to see how necro got knocked by point blank into mirror xD

It was actually around one second but that is still plenty of time to stun break/dodge. The issue here isn't if you have enough time to react, it's the player experience. The PvP player base is already so small it causes match making issues. If the interactions between professions is perceived as "toxic" (and I know many people do see it this way) it's not going to bring any people in. Even as a PvP player myself I would never suggest it to any other serious PvP gamer. Sure, these kind of builds are not "meta" but it's enough to frustrate a lot of the player base. You have to look at player skill like a normal distribution. Most players are not in the right end of the bell curve where what's "meta" matters. Most players are in the middle of the bell curve, which stuff like this can work and is seriously frustrating to play against.

Btw, leave the "low iq" comments at home. There is already enough toxicity in PvP without them.

He literally walked towards the mesmer and opened himself up. He coulda blinded the mesmer or something maybe even use wurm to escape and use some sort of well with stability to avoid being stunned but didn't, so he got farmed by the mesmers who were coordinating together.

He shouldn't have jumped down and gone after mesmer, because as soon as he did, he fell right into the mesmer's trap.

The third fourth 5th times and last time he did too. he got 1 kill but each time he opened himself up and left himself open to being cced by the enemy mesmers.

TBH even first death should be avoided, I dont get why would he walk up there, against 5x 1shot mes I wouldnt not once go alone anywhere, just move as 2-3man blobs and thats it.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:First one yeah that was an impossible situationIf you are a slug and your reaction time is 3 seconds later then ye, impossible.

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

Is it just me, or did the mes @ 4:34 knock you back twice with GS #5? How is that possible?

As a Mirage main who uses GS (not the 1 shot stun burst kind), I do not know how that is possible.

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirageI'm slightly surpised that everyone are blind or their iq is too low to see how necro got knocked by point blank into mirror xD

It was actually around one second but that is still plenty of time to stun break/dodge. The issue here isn't if you have enough time to react, it's the player experience. The PvP player base is already so small it causes match making issues. If the interactions between professions is perceived as "toxic" (and I know many people do see it this way) it's not going to bring any people in. Even as a PvP player myself I would never suggest it to any other serious PvP gamer. Sure, these kind of builds are not "meta" but it's enough to frustrate a lot of the player base. You have to look at player skill like a normal distribution. Most players are not in the right end of the bell curve where what's "meta" matters. Most players are in the middle of the bell curve, which stuff like this can work and is seriously frustrating to play against.

Btw, leave the "low iq" comments at home. There is already enough toxicity in PvP without them.

He literally walked towards the mesmer and opened himself up. He coulda blinded the mesmer or something maybe even use wurm to escape and use some sort of well with stability to avoid being stunned but didn't, so he got farmed by the mesmers who were coordinating together.

He shouldn't have jumped down and gone after mesmer, because as soon as he did, he fell right into the mesmer's trap.

The third fourth 5th times and last time he did too. he got 1 kill but each time he opened himself up and left himself open to being cced by the enemy mesmers.

Yeah, i should've totally know they were all power mesmers. I could have definitely blinded an invisible target too. The stretches you guys will go to defending toxic mechanics is staggering.

After i realized they were all running the same cheesy shit, i just started feeding to finish the game quicker. There was really no other move available.> @Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I'm not disagreeing he could have played better and there
is
outplay potential to builds like this. The problem is that it's not healthy for the game and it's not a good experience for new players. There shouldn't be this barrier to entry for PvP where you have to learn about several different one shot builds just before you can start not dying in < 1second and actually start playing.

There's outplay potential when you're fighting one, maybe two of these. There's 0 outplay potential against 4.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@RisenHowl.2419 honst question, do you think you should be able to brainlessly run into 4 glass canons and not get bursted down ?you were even jumping during combat lol

honest question, do you think there was a single thing that 5 people not in voice comms running test builds in unranked could have done about this?

There's like 15 people in this thread who are saying i could have played better. No shit. Why would i though when it wouldn't have made a difference? Dying 1s later wouldn't have ended this game any faster. It wouldn't have made it less toxic. It wouldn't have made it any more fun for anyone involved. I'm sure that all of you could have single-handedly killed all four mesmers without dying, but none of you have any video evidence of it so....?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

TBH even first death should be avoided, I dont get why would he walk up there, against 5x 1shot mes I wouldnt not once go alone anywhere, just move as 2-3man blobs and thats it.

The difference is thief doesn't have nearly as much sustain spam, and mostly use mobility and stealth to get away and reposition themselves, at least

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

@Axl.8924 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

Yeah, i should've totally know they were all power mesmers. I could have definitely blinded an invisible target too. The stretches you guys will go to defending toxic mechanics is staggering.

After i realized they were all running the same cheesy kitten, i just started feeding to finish the game quicker. There was really no other move available.> @Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is
outplay potential to builds like this. The problem is that it's not healthy for the game and it's not a good experience for new players. There shouldn't be this barrier to entry for PvP where you have to learn about several different one shot builds just before you can start not dying in < 1second and actually start playing.

There's outplay potential when you're fighting one, maybe two of these. There's 0 outplay potential against 4.

A well organized team could stomp them but that's not likely to happen. When they're going against a pug team you're very unlikely to be able to outplay them and that's the whole reason they are running that cheese.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

After i realized they were all running the same cheesy kitten, i just started feeding to finish the game quicker. There was really no other move available.> @Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is

A well organized team could stomp them but that's not likely to happen. When they're going against a pug team you're very unlikely to be able to outplay them and that's the whole reason they are running that cheese.

I'm not convinced a well organized team would stop it tbh. gs2 is unblockable and it doesn't matter if they get one mind wrack or mantra strike blocked. You could run this with 4 mesmers and a daredevil, just let the dd outrotate whoever manages to leave spawn while the mesmers blow up anyone without a passive invuln. Each mesmer has access to stealth with torch and signet, each mesmer can mass invis to reset fights or res, each has access to two invulns on sword 2 and f3. They can all sustain or stealth long enough for the other 3 mesmers to nuke anyone that's attacking.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is

I'm not convinced a well organized team would stop it tbh. gs2 is unblockable and it doesn't matter if they get one mind wrack or mantra strike blocked. You could run this with 4 mesmers and a daredevil, just let the dd outrotate whoever manages to leave spawn while the mesmers blow up anyone without a passive invuln. Each mesmer has access to stealth with torch and signet, each mesmer can mass invis to reset fights or res, each has access to two invulns on sword 2 and f3. They can all sustain or stealth long enough for the other 3 mesmers to nuke anyone that's attacking.

A team like:

• Spellbreaker who can avoid instant death and has full counter.
  • Firebrand who can keep agies and stability up along with heals.
  • Daredevil to spam AoE damage, blind spam with lots of evades and quickly rotate between points.
  • Scourge for lots of AoE.
  • Holosmith/Another warrior/Another theif(if you know you're going against a mesmer comp)
  • Weaver would also be good. Menders or fire weaver

Something like this should do pretty well, specially if they are all on coms.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is

The enemies did lose in the end though, so maybe they were just focusing on getting kills and focused on making your life as miserable as possible, because half the team or all of em were focused on farming and there wasn't enough to claim all the points, so you won in truth, even if its a bitter victory.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is

The enemies did lose in the end though, so maybe they were just focusing on getting kills and focused on making your life as miserable as possible, because half the team or all of em were focused on farming and there wasn't enough to claim all the points, so you won in truth, even if its a bitter victory.

Again, missing the point. Why would anyone want to play pvp in gw2 when this is the norm?

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

is

A team like:
  • Spellbreaker who can avoid instant death and has full counter.
  • Firebrand who can keep agies and stability up along with heals.
  • Daredevil to spam AoE damage, blind spam with lots of evades and quickly rotate between points.
  • Scourge for lots of AoE.
  • Holosmith/Another warrior/Another theif(if you know you're going against a mesmer comp)
  • Weaver would also be good. Menders or fire weaver

Something like this should do pretty well, specially if they are all on coms.

That might work, but it would lose to every other meta comp with revs.

Why wouldn't the mesmers just all slam the firebrand and scourge, then keep them on respawn with 2 while the other 2 mesmers and the DD rotated to blow up the rest? Firebrand is very squishy to burst damage, every time they open it would come from stealth. Blow up the firebrand, then the scourge when they try to res since all of it is aoe damage. If you wanted to be super cheesy, just use power lock on the fb and watch them blow all their CDs before you both gs2+blink.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:who cares about mesmers, devs only play that and thief. Just nerf Firebrand! Why? cause mesmers can do it better.

? devs literally do everything in their power to avoiding nerfing firebrand.whenever they do get around nerfing something they make sure to buff something elseThere is a reason why guard is the best dps in pve, the best support in pve, easy to play.The best support in pvp too, and hes not getting nerfed :DMeanwhile "favourite" mesmer gets nerfed every single patch for years.LuL developers even buffed guard during no balance batch, just some QoL changes but guard special little snowflake gets dmg boost :D

They need to destroy mesmer oneshot build, this should not exist in any game. They need to put cds into f1 skills and nerf dmg output attacking from stealth by 50%. And bts firebrand/guard is nerfed every patch for last 5 years. They only buff meaningfull stuff like signets and spirit weapons that nobody use cause they are dead for 5 years.

Out of the last 10 patches that i looked throught the only ones with the changes to guard i found are :

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90115/game-update-notes-october-15-2019#latest Buff onlyhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88856/game-update-notes-october-1-2019#latest buffs and nerfs, but from what i see buffs overall hard to tell since i dont play guards so someone else might shed some light here.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81753/game-update-notes-july-16-2019#latest HUGE buffs across the board.and thats it. o/meanwhile mes has nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerfand nerf.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:who cares about mesmers, devs only play that and thief. Just nerf Firebrand! Why? cause mesmers can do it better.

Out of the last 10 patches that i looked throught the only ones with the changes to guard i found are :

Buff only
buffs and nerfs, but from what i see buffs overall hard to tell since i dont play guards so someone else might shed some light here.
HUGE buffs across the board.and thats it. o/meanwhile mes has nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerfand nerf.

QUestion if rock scissors paper thing is what is supposed to happen what is supposed to hard counter mesmers again? perhaps that class could have some extra benefits to help cull mesmers

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@RisenHowl.2419you dont get to 1shot FB that knows you are coming, aegis + protection + weakness symbol exist. and if you think you can just spawncamp 2v2 a fb + scourge then I dont know what to tell you man.TBH they could take 1 warrior for this, so he can 1hit ko from mesmers stealth :D but that wasnt the point i guess.

When they open with stealth, you never know they're coming. If the gs burst doesn't one shot, the two izerkers and g3 will. Both hit twice with mind wrack, 4 boons stripped. Weakness is on the mantra, not the symbol. Not that it matters since they can f3 and deny any counterpressure while they burst....

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@RisenHowl.2419you dont get to 1shot FB that knows you are coming, aegis + protection + weakness symbol exist. and if you think you can just spawncamp 2v2 a fb + scourge then I dont know what to tell you man.TBH they could take 1 warrior for this, so he can 1hit ko from mesmers stealth :D but that wasnt the point i guess.

When they open with stealth, you never know they're coming. If the gs burst doesn't one shot, the two izerkers and g3 will. Both hit twice with mind wrack, 4 boons stripped. Weakness is on the mantra, not the symbol. Not that it matters since they can f3 and deny any counterpressure while they burst....

mate i play the build, you cant 1shot fb that knows you are coming. the afterburst doesnt land, FB goes invuln, heals to full and just outsustains the damage.he knows you are coming if you "spawn camp him". and that assumes scourge doesnt simply give shield. stab + aegis means you cant reliably remove stab.and this build desnt run boonstrip of f1-2-3 anyways.

few minutes ago, a guild leader including guild members including myself, would like to send our regard and our sentiment to the Op. Most importantly, we all agree to offer the Op 6 month free subscriptions to Final Fantasy 14 online.

I was already touched by the Op video including many others who are continually being preyed on by guild wars 2 Toxic designs with its unhealthy mechanics and builds. Well the Toxicity has spread so far and continually being the talk in many healthy competitive competitors games that is not a laughing matter anymore.

+1 shot Toxicity with Toxic builds are pushing players out of guild wars 2 and are being sympathized and disgraced by guild wars 2 competitors

Op, you and others are welcome with open arms to those who strive to put an end-in limiting Toxic gaming experience

We await you with open arms

-Toxic +1 shotting, Perma-stealth, Perma-condition, Perma-Everything, Immunity to everything, All-In-One builds, The crave of continual Power-Creep, Toxic design God-Like Rogue Profession being immune to everything and who can reset fights at will...servers no place here-

NOT EVER!!

KAFzV2v.jpg

--what make it worse is the Op knowing he/she will die, yet risks his/her to save another--

IqTYiuu.jpg

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

mate i play the build, you cant 1shot fb that knows you are coming. the afterburst doesnt land, FB goes invuln, heals to full and just outsustains the damage.he knows you are coming if you "spawn camp him". and that assumes scourge doesnt simply give shield. stab + aegis means you cant reliably remove stab.and this build desnt run boonstrip of f1-2-3 anyways.

yes, ,yes as a fb u definitely would know a stealthed one shot combo is coming your way lol

@Axl.8924 said:

Buff only
buffs and nerfs, but from what i see buffs overall hard to tell since i dont play guards so someone else might shed some light here.
HUGE buffs across the board.and thats it. o/meanwhile mes has nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerfand nerf.

QUestion if rock scissors paper thing is what is supposed to happen what is supposed to hard counter mesmers again? perhaps that class could have some extra benefits to help cull mesmers

How often do you see mesmers run any decent condi clears? ;)

@Axl.8924 said:

Buff only

thief of almost any kind HARDcountes mesmer, any condi build is strong against mes ( condi thief just rapes mes )expecially with autoevade.and in general ( 1 mes not 5 of them be will be weak against )1 Good fb.2 Good core necro ( has to be good, bad one gets farmed )3 Holo ( bad holo that gets lucky or good holo )4 Thief with passive ( they can just stomp, medicore thief will be really hard to deal with, against good one there is nothing you can do ),thief without passive is hit or miss ( lots of random evades/ports.Condis are strong against mes but when I think about there are no viable condi builds, there is only core necro and cmirage, how sad is that condihaters?

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:
TBH if you played it properly you could actually win the game.
They won the game cuz mesmers targeted this salty necro and spawncamped him :DTo salty necro: Attract new players? They want to attract new PVE players through...pvp...?10 iq

My team "won", the only thing they were interested in was spawn camping with 4 mesmer

They went straight to spawn camping, and didn't even both to cap the points. This was just straight up griefing.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Buff only

thief of almost any kind HARDcountes mesmer, any condi build is strong against mes ( condi thief just rapes mes )expecially with autoevade.and in general ( 1 mes not 5 of them be will be weak against )1 Good fb.2 Good core necro ( has to be good, bad one gets farmed )3 Holo ( bad holo that gets lucky or good holo )4 Thief with passive ( they can just stomp, medicore thief will be really hard to deal with, against good one there is nothing you can do ),thief without passive is hit or miss ( lots of random evades/ports.Condis are strong against mes but when I think about there are no viable condi builds, there is only core necro and cmirage, how sad is that condihaters?

Does thief really though? Sure core mes but i wouldnt say thief "hardcounters mirage it sure has a better chance to kill 1 more than most other builds.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Buff only

Does thief really though? Sure core mes but i wouldnt say thief "
hardcounters mirage
it sure has a better chance to kill 1 more than most other builds.

Mesmer Profession alongside with the remaining Professions has nothing on a 7 Years Toxic Thief Profession

Toxic Condition Thief Profession rules all conditions and are immune to them with bad design safety net->>stealth

--i almost forgot, they can easily escape by teleporting through objects and on to mounts at ease--

so much for hard countering with God-send escapability and exploit design

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Buff only

Does thief really though? Sure core mes but i wouldnt say thief "
hardcounters mirage
it sure has a better chance to kill 1 more than most other builds.

Mesmer Profession alongside with the remaining Professions has nothing on a 7 Years Toxic Thief Profession

Toxic Condition Thief Profession rules all conditions and are immune to them with bad design safety net->>stealth

--i almost forgot, they can easily escape by teleporting through objects and on to mounts at ease--

so much for hard countering with God-send escapability and exploit design

Your record is broke, keep repeating the same thing over and over

@Fat Disgrace.4275 thief absolutely counters mirage too, plasma is + thief in and out type of combat wrecks mesmer.you keep getting chunked for 1/3-1/4hp then they port out, you cant follow them, when they get plasma they can just faceroll you, if you do follow them up daggerstorm kills you, condi does nothing becouse if you manage to hit them they cleanse, and the nature of clones/phantasms means that they are good against stationary oponents but not against sword2.