Druids need the pets to have returned the 20% stats. Druids shouldn't have access to pets actives.

anduriell.6280

To follow up with the rp reason: Because druid dedicated more time to study the stars the pets grow wild and undisciplined. The Druid lose the ability to command the pet skills.

Simply, druid has access to very problematic effects (celestial shadow for example) which in it's own is not a bad design.However if we mix it with smokescale smoke field + trap runes, the druids can easily achieve long term stealth on demand. There are other examples as the iboga pull triggers ancient seeds which then rolls up in perma immobilize. Future or reworked pets might bring undesired and unforeseen interactions as well.

Blocking the access to the pets actives then Druids will be easier to balance and pets can bring better F2's for the other specializations without the worry of how it will interact with the Druid. Return the 20% of the stats lost because they do nothing to damage output and make the pets much more glassier for no real benefit.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Beast ability traits... what happens with these if the Druid doesn’t have access to f2? Does the pet randomly use the f2 skills as if it was apart of their AI attack skills?

What about those? It wouldn't be the first elite to have some traits which do not work with the class.

Anyhow is not like those are being used at all. Those are designed for PvP and i can't remember when was the last time i was taunted by a pet's active. May as well be reworked.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Beast ability traits... what happens with these if the Druid doesn’t have access to f2? Does the pet randomly use the f2 skills as if it was apart of their AI attack skills?

What about those? It wouldn't be the first elite to have some traits which do not work with the class.

Anyhow is not like those are being used at all. Those are designed for PvP and i can't remember when was the last time i was taunted by a pet's active. May as well be reworked.

Wait, can you provide any example of traits entirely not working with elite specs?

@"Kodama.6453" said:Wait, can you provide any example of traits entirely not working with elite specs?For example, Emphatic bond still doesn't work while merged.

Here is thread with many bugged skills and traits for the soulbeast.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5067/soulbeast-list-of-bugged-non-functional-abilities-and-traits

Really ranger has the short stick when we are talking about maintenance and bug fixing.

Even if we go for the no rework path, it's as easy as to add "on swapping pets first attack does..." to the existing effects. It's not like those traits are being used at the moment.Zephir's speed would benefit also from triggering with Beast Abilities anyway.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Oh I was just wondering as to what you thought about them since they activated on f2.

Tho I wouldn’t mind losing f2, if the skills activated on pet swap, but it would have to be Druid only as pet swap and f2 on core/sb would cause a lot of salt from other classes. That way beast abilities traits can still be used on Druid, just not as on demand as an f2 skill would be, tho they would still be subject to their own cooldown, otherwise some skills would be very powerful on the petswap cooldown.

@anduriell.6280 said:nah, all those traits have Internal Cooldowns (12-20s) which are the ones who actually balance the trait. So the additional effect may be added directly.

Sorry my bad, I thought you meant swapping pets to activate beast abilities and therefore the beast ability trait. I understand what you mean now, and yeah, that would be better.

Yes let’s make a brain dead class even more brain dead and boring to play. Pick Druid and gone are the combo fields the pets can put up which you can finish with your combo finishers. No more picking your pet because its skills do not matter any longer. Seems to me you want the ranger to be another class more like a necromancer.

I think Soulbeast's drawback, only having access to one pet, would have been better as the Druid drawback !

CoreRangers get two swapable pets, Druids can swap between two kits (weapons or CA) but only have one pet, and I would have Soulbeast get swapable pets back BUT only in the merged state.

I think that works better, gameplay- and lore-wise.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:Wait, can you provide any example of traits entirely not working with elite specs?For example, Emphatic bond still doesn't work while merged.

Here is thread with many bugged skills and traits for the soulbeast.

Pretty sure it was about trait completely not working with the espec, here you can still unmerge and the trait works.

Really ranger has the short stick when we are talking about maintenance and bug fixing.

No, it doesn't, that's the same with most -if not all- other classes. Stop pretending "your" class is sO oPpReSsEd, it's not.

@thread bad idea.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

@"Sobx.1758" said:No, it doesn't, that's the same with most -if not all- other classes. Stop pretending "your" class is sO oPpReSsEd, it's not.

Any other class have a mechanic that is still suffering from something as simple as being unaffected by quickness? No? Thougt so.

It is not about HURR DURR, MY CLASS IS SPECIAL. It's about the fact that pets introduces the most bugs out of any class mechanic. Period. Don't try and humor me with something silly like guardian being as affected by bugs as ranger is and has been. Especially not when talking about the profession specific mechanic alone.

Most other bugs not tied to a profession specific mechanic are tied to general mechanics shared across professions anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...