Altitude Indicators missing during map completion - Resolved with Oct 13th patch - [Merged]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty frustrating. Hovering the mouse over a point on the mini map will give you the current elevation, so I have been mounting up on the skyscale, hovering the mouse over a point and moving up/down on the skyscale to get an idea of which direction I need to go. Not exactly user friendly, but it helps. TACO helps a lot if I am just trying to do quick map completion.

Maybe we should just start spinning rumors until they react. I'm expecting that they're making a labyrinthine cavern with mineable mystic coin nodes and harvestable mystic clovers. There will be tunnels going above and below where you are most of the time, making traversal to reach these nodes a challenge, especially since you won't know whether you need to go up or down.

If that was the case then why wouldn't they say so, lately all I've dealt with here on the forum and with my tickets is really terrible communication or canned responses. It drains my interest and desire to play the game when I feel like none of the issues I bring up will ever be addressed.

@"Carnius Magius.8091" said:Maybe the the code used for the arrows were eliminated to increase server/client performance. New content lag issues may have been a reason for getting rid of unnecessary overhead.

This was my suspicion. It's like they got a mandate: "ok, the existing servers have to support an expected X% increase in player population when we release on Steam, so you coders go strip out some overhead from the engine. Stat!"

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:Unfortunately this issue and the lack of responce from ArenaNet... became what I expected by default on most issues.

It is beyond annoying that these altitude indicators do not work, and it's is to be honest, extremely shamefull that the playerbase is left behind guessing as to what or why, once more.

Agree about the total lack of any communication about the issue (one way or the other). Respect from the players and towards the players is a two way street. They seem to have made it one way only now.

Well, I searched the patch notes and they didn't mention it, but yes I saw they were back! :astonished:

Would have been nice for them to let us know it was going to be included, but oh well, guess I'm just going to be glad they are back. I do wonder what happened though.

Thanks all for posting and enjoy the mad realm.

Willow~

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:@"Willow.7210" Looks like the markers are back with the Halloween update.

Did ANet change colour on arrow for the "new" node markers? On plant nodes those looks now to have become green (believe those always where white) when you look at maps icons for nodes. It is hard to see those arrows with the same colour as the symbol for plant node.