Palawa Joko Minion

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Sadly I think those achievements are for those players that own the 'Path of Fire' Expansion, since Palawa Joko Minions are called 'Awakened' and those mobs are only found in the new maps in the Crystal Desert.

Apparently they can be found on the coast northwest of the crystal desert as well. Having PoF would make it much.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Sadly I think those achievements are for those players that own the 'Path of Fire' Expansion, since Palawa Joko Minions are called 'Awakened' and those mobs are only found in the new maps in the Crystal Desert.

Apparently they can be found on the coast northwest of the crystal desert as well. Having PoF would make it much.

This is correct I can now confirm now there are some "Awakened' in Mount Maelstrom, around Sunken Droknah area. Scan the shores since that's where they spawn.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

This is correct I can now confirm now there are some "Awakened' in Mount Maelstrom, around Sunken Droknah area. Scan the shores since that's where they spawn.

Could you be a bit more specific? I still can't find them in the crystal desert.

@Jaidy.1824 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Could you be a bit more specific? I still can't find them in the crystal desert.

Awakened are practically everywhere in the Desolation and quite a lot in the southern Elon Riverlands.

@Jaidy.1824 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

If you want to find them easy, go near Joko's bone palace...

Best way to farm them is by doing a couple cycles farming Elon. You do the gravedigger event where you defend the three graves from awakened, do the dead house event, kill everything in the jackal section, repeat when events are available again. If they get scaled up then even better as you'll get more mobs.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Be patient (and ideally share kills): once the word spreads that there are some awakened in Maelstrom & Sparkfly, lots of non-PoF owners (and PoF-owners with non-PoF alts) are going to try to farm their chieves. As we know from hearts, that can lead to extinction levels of mobs, which can lead to frustration and salt (very salty salt indeed).

So... do what you need to for your chieves. Just be prepared for others trying to do the same. If you are willing to take your time and to slow your kill rate, it will probably be a lot less painless for everyone. (And if you aren't, well, it's your choice.)

In the Desolation one of the best areas for awakened is the Bonestrand Garrison a bit southwest of Bonestrand WP. The event there spawns lots of awakened. I was with a group and got a large part of my achieve just doing that one event. We then ran along the road along the scourge WP and picked up any events enroute to kill more awakened. All in all it was pretty easy to do quickly that way.

• 1 year later...

I haven't read the entire tread... but P.JoKo's minions can also be fought in LOW LVL MAPS of Tyria, as they come through the distortion rifts.they spawn randomly in Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale, Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford, Gendarran Fields and maybe more.You also have a few spawning in the southwestern corner of Sparkfly Fen. I dunno the frequency of the spawn of the different events, unfortunately, but they spawn quite often, both chain of events.

• Like 1

@LeNaSmileyStar.5086 said:I haven't read the entire tread... but P.JoKo's minions can also be fought in LOW LVL MAPS of Tyria, as they come through the distortion rifts.they spawn randomly in Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale, Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford, Gendarran Fields and maybe more.You also have a few spawning in the southwestern corner of Sparkfly Fen. I dunno the frequency of the spawn of the different events, unfortunately, but they spawn quite often, both chain of events.

Nice necro this thread is from 2017 before the zone invasions was in the game.And the few spawning in mtn maelstorm and sparkfly fen was removed sometime after they added the zone defense side story so wrong on that aswell mate.

• 1 year later...

@"Linken.6345" said:Nice necro this thread is from 2017 before the zone invasions was in the game...And the thread was necro'd again, two years later. :) In case anyone reading this doesn't know yet, the Joko invasions on several core Tyria maps make killing Joko's minions for the Halloween achievement easy peasy these days. The invasions happen on a different map once an hour and Dulfy's schedule of the invasions is still accurate.