This is evil. What the flip is this pvp match

wilykcat.5864

There is 6 total players and the battleground is very small. Me being new to pvp expecially this mode called "Team Deathmatch" is so hard to play. I've done it twice and it is not cool because each team I get put on gets killed in one shot on our spawn by the enemy team which is so strong that all of our hits deal no damage.

I have a feeling that me winning a match is nonexistent. Time to forfeit pvp until the normal battlegrounds that I'm used to with 10 total players come back.

@"wilykcat.5864" said:I dont get how this new pvp mode works, how to win, and how not to instantly die due to enemy player.

You play thief right? I made a pacifist thief build just for you: gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAgiVlFwEZbsLGJeeTWrTA-zZwOlMFB9KEyYB0xEQHDA

Very sustain. 0 Damage. Bunker thief. Probably the hardest class to make a pacifist build for.

Spam death blossom in melee range. Spam dodge as randomly as possible when outside of melee and dagger 4 to harass people into going back into melee range.Can swap out specifics like sigils, rune, utils, and traits to your liking.

Namaste ? This will stop those brutish mesmers

Its 3v3 miniseason, it will end on 16th march.

I like it only because full premade team queue - u can try queueing with friend.

Placement matches are unbalanced. After first 10 matches opponents will be on your level

Also, try playing core guardian or dh, probably the easiest 2 classes which have a lot of sustain. Core necro is also easy - just spam everything.

@Filip.7463 said:Its 3v3 miniseason, it will end on 16th march.

I like it only because full premade team queue - u can try queueing with friend.

Placement matches are unbalanced. After first 10 matches opponents will be on your level

Also, try playing core guardian or dh, probably the easiest 2 classes which have a lot of sustain. Core necro is also easy - just spam everything.

3x scourge is where its at, you gotta go through ~50k barrier before you can start dealing damage lulWand damage is crazy too, and I dont even fucking know what my skills are doing tbh

It is a mini season. Lasts only 2 weeks. Before they introduced mini seasons there had been a break (no ranked) between the seasons instead. You still can play unranked - as before when no mini season during the ranked break existed.

For these mini seasons they try different stuff. I think so far only 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 3 happened.It is not the main game mode though. (And it never will be.) In 2 weeks the 5 vs. 5 conquest will be back in ranked.

For the mini season I recommend to try it to use new/different builds or playing other professions/classes as usual. Or trying to farm the wins with different classes for the Ascsension backpack. Can be fun. Though some seem to take it too seriously and start to flame if you play even worse because you try around with new builds. (But that is what it is meant for. Since there is no other option for 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 besides here. No unranked to try and play around.)

Edit: And yes ... placement matches are often unbalanced. In 5 vs. 5 ranked as well. And also as long as others are still not at their correct placement. (In 5 vs. 5 I do my placements during the first few days but the unbalanced matches seen to happen a lot more for at least 1-2 weeks. Here with shorter matches and only 2 weeks in total for the season - most players will finish placements quicklier I think.)

@Kuma.1503 said:3v3 in a nutshell:

Burn DH: Spam all buttonsScourge: Spam cover condis for burn DHidk probably a 2nd necro or burn DH cuz lul

At least that's 90% of what we had to deal with.

why take dh, just another scourge for easy 4-5k hits of damage with CC skillscuz fear deals damage, fears applies torment, torment deals more damage and applies burn and its all brought together by permanent 25 stacks of might.all in a neat package off 3x corrupt elite, 3x pulsing aoe blind, 3x corrupt well for maximum fun and interactivity.If memory serves me right torch 5 for example deals close to 6-7k dmg, as a fucking knockdown skill.And its all covered by all the corrupt bleed cripple and all manner of spam for maximum joy.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:3v3 in a nutshell:

Burn DH: Spam all buttonsScourge: Spam cover condis for burn DHidk probably a 2nd necro or burn DH cuz lul

why take dh, just another scourge for easy 4-5k hits of damage with CC skillscuz fear deals damage, fears applies torment, torment deals more damage and applies burn and its all brought together by permanent 25 stacks of might.all in a neat package off 3x corrupt elite, 3x pulsing aoe blind, 3x corrupt well for maximum fun and interactivity.If memory serves me right torch 5 for example deals close to 6-7k dmg, as a kitten knockdown skill.And its all covered by all the corrupt bleed cripple and all manner of spam for maximum joy.

I haven't had the "pleasure" of fighting that comp yet. I did fight two scourges, and the sheer amount of AoE clutter caused my computer to start dropping frames. :)

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:3v3 in a nutshell:

why take dh, just another scourge for easy 4-5k hits of damage with CC skillscuz fear deals damage, fears applies torment, torment deals more damage and applies burn and its all brought together by permanent 25 stacks of might.all in a neat package off 3x corrupt elite, 3x pulsing aoe blind, 3x corrupt well for maximum fun and interactivity.If memory serves me right torch 5 for example deals close to 6-7k dmg, as a kitten knockdown skill.And its all covered by all the corrupt bleed cripple and all manner of spam for maximum joy.

I haven't had the "pleasure" of fighting that comp yet. I did fight two scourges, and the sheer amount of AoE clutter caused my computer to start dropping frames. :)

Add that the obsene amount of barrier that does not let you drop them to 50%hp