best focus class? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

best focus class?

right now which class can use focus and its good (not guardian i don't like guardian)

i want to use the minstrel

so which class has better focus, mesmer elementalist or necromancer?

Comments

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'd have to say mesmer. Mostly because of the amazing 600 range pull you can do with it, but it can also provide group swiftness (which is always nice). In addition to that it can create light fields, which when combo'd with your phantasm will clear off a ton of conditions in a short amount of time. Even better when traited, as your phantasm will be a decent bodyblock that destroys enemy projectiles all at the same time.

  • Mongk.2467Mongk.2467 Member ✭✭

    Its sad you don like guardian, they have the best focus

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2018

    Mesmer. There's a pull and a phantasm that does respectable damage and reflects.

    Your other possibilities are pretty bad unless it's for PvP:
    Necromancer - I don't think anyone uses it for PvE over torch, dagger, or warhorn
    Guardian - single target now but high damage
    Elementalist - usually offhand dagger is used if not warhorn

  • @bara yaoi.3824 said:
    right now which class can use focus and its good (not guardian i don't like guardian)

    i want to use the minstrel

    so which class has better focus, mesmer elementalist or necromancer?

    lol how you got minstrel but not sure what class to play it on

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2018

    @bara yaoi.3824 said:
    so which class has better focus, mesmer elementalist or necromancer?

    Elementalist. You get 6 great skills with the weapon that give you a lot of utility. I say 6 because the fire focus skills are not as good as the other attunement focus skills and need to be reworked. Mesmer's focus has good CC, guardian's focus is the only weapon that gives them a block skill and necromancer's focus has boon removal.

    Karras

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.
    Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.
    Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.
    Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.
    Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

    I like that necromancer doesn't get a mention.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.
    Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.
    Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

    I like that necromancer doesn't get a mention.

    Its representative isnt it?

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.
    Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.
    Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

    I like that necromancer doesn't get a mention.

    Its representative isnt it?

    Yup, I'm still bitter necro didn't get the focus 4 rework that guardian got.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.
    Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.
    Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

    I like that necromancer doesn't get a mention.

    Its representative isnt it?

    Yup, I'm still bitter necro didn't get the focus 4 rework that guardian got.

    Maybe one day pal, maybe one day.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.