[Bug] Storm Tracking Issues [Resolved]

For some reason I felt compelled to make a whole video out of this. I encountered this glitch while playing through the story, and since I literally could not proceed forward I opened up OBS and started recording it. This video contains spoilers for Season 4 Episode 4.

A guildmate of mine encountered the very same issue at roughly the same time while playing separately. My guess is the game code is not triggering the change to the playable space, even though the map is showing it open. It seems the game failed to update the boundary box properly.

@Vayne.8563 said:Go around the outside instead of straight up the center. It works.

It doesn't always work. You can see in the video I tried that and still died. The time I made it was on a jackal, and it was to the right while getting hit by the pillar... I really don't think Anet meant it to work like this. They clearly wanted you to follow Glint.

@Xenon.4537 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Go around the outside instead of straight up the center. It works.

It doesn't always work. You can see in the video I tried that and still died. The time I made it was on a jackal, and it was to the right while getting hit by the pillar... I really don't think Anet meant it to work like this. They clearly wanted you to follow Glint.

I'm not saying it's not bugged. But every time I've tried to get through it (which is only three so far) the way I go has worked.

@Vayne.8563 said:

I'm not saying it's not bugged. But every time I've tried to get through it (which is only three so far) the way I go has worked.

I'll keep that in mind when I go back for the achievements. I already finished the story so I'm mainly posting this to try and help Anet. It was a great story, but the glitch kind of ruined the best part for me. By "ruined" I mean I was pretty well immersed in the moment until I got ripped out of it by this issue.

I believe it has to do with the additional dialogue that certain characters speak during this instance, technically you're not supposed to be able to proceed before the dialogue finishes, but the storm from Kralkatorrik and/or the instance boundaries are not recognizing that the dialogue either hasn't started and/or finished yet. The other option is to keep using Revive Orbs(if you have a lot of them that is).

I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP. Why they didn't do a simple binding spell to make it so we can't move for a few seconds so the narration can continue is a bit of an oversight. I finally got so fed up with it that I used the griffon to fly through the whole thing.

@Xenon.4537 said:

I'll keep that in mind when I go back for the achievements. I already finished the story so I'm mainly posting this to try and help Anet. It was a great story, but the glitch kind of ruined the best part for me. By "ruined" I mean I was pretty well immersed in the moment until I got ripped out of it by this issue.

Yeah I hear you. The bug the ruined it for me, was when one of the characters didn't talk to my character in one of the instances and I had to restart the whole thing after I was already done. I should know better than to do story on the first day. lol

This now makes it two episodes back to back that have fatally flawed bugs. After about a hundred times I finally got around the pillar to the right. You have to first die due to the bug, then quickly go back while the "pillar" is on the ground. But you cannot use the tunnel or else you die every time due to the bug.

@miraude.2107 said:I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP.

Stopping did not help me. If I run, I die. If I stop, I die.I will try running along the right side on a raptor like someone suggested, either that or wait for them to fix it.

@miraude.2107 said:I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP. Why they didn't do a simple binding spell to make it so we can't move for a few seconds so the narration can continue is a bit of an oversight. I finally got so fed up with it that I used the griffon to fly through the whole thing.

If that's true then that's poor story delivery. You have a character ordering you to RUN NOW and then you're supposed to stop? Definite pacing issue.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Have to use raptor.I think the volatile magic recharges/refill your raptor dash/dodge skill from what i saw.Next stage, you'll die more if you don't use raptor and pick those magic orbs.

My video demonstrates it has nothing to do with the raptor (i made it using the jackal), and the problem is a bug, nothing to do with the volatile magic.

@"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:Actually, I discovered that the point here is to move as quickly as you can. Don't get caught by the purple cloud. That's what's triggering this.

I was moving as fast as possible and I was clearly ahead of the purple cloud. After reviewing my footage and info from other players I'm pretty sure this is a bug preventing the playable boundary from opening. It is clear that the thing killing me is the "out of bounds" message that happens when you run into the red hashmarks show on the minimap. However, in this case the hashmarks are not present, while the invisible kill box is still there.

It is possible the cause is a bug in Blish's dialogue if you run too far away from him at the beginning. Which is really annoying because his dialogue boils down to "Run away now, commander!" prompting you to move far away from him, thus causing the bug.

The arrow points me into the direction I need to take on my raptor in order to escape.

However, when I try to do so, I am always getting a warning that I am about to leave the map instance, then I am killed by leaving the map instance (even though it was where I am supposed to go!) and end up with "Retry from Checkpoint."

So, it is currently impossible to do complete this story mission. Please fix ASAP!

I found a workaround, not a fix: If you use ride along the left border, you can circumvent the issue. Still, this needs to be fixed.

@mindcircus.1506 said:Devs said on reddit a hotfix for this is comming. Until then, dont follow the green arrow, stick to the right side of the map

Oh, just saw your response. Well, I chose the left - works as well. ;)

@Tyger.1637 said:

@miraude.2107 said:I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP. Why they didn't do a simple binding spell to make it so we can't move for a few seconds so the narration can continue is a bit of an oversight. I finally got so fed up with it that I used the griffon to fly through the whole thing.

If that's true then that's poor story delivery. You have a character ordering you to RUN NOW and then you're supposed to stop? Definite pacing issue.

Not to mention the story thing in the top right hand corner is telling you to escape the Mists and an achievement counting down the time to escape. It's one of the reasons I switched to the gryphon, slow enough on land and completely negated the jumping puzzle. I think my frustration was because of training. HoT and PoF had events where if you were too slow, you failed (escaping with the egg, catching the devourer). To have another race against time that auto kills you because you moved too fast for the narration and the instance definitely needs its pacing checked. I would have had the achievement if it wasn't for being killed because I was following Glint's glowy ball too closely.