[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

New permanent contract for TP to Friend and portable fractal and currency vendors. A permanent total makeover kit as well would be nice maybe as an upgrade from hair stylist. Also certain tonics can have their effects stack but you wouldn’t be able to using the current novelties Mechanic. Makes more sense to have more slots for those not just for stacking tonics but for easier access to other toys and stuff. Currency exchange (Mag shards, LS currency or Relics) for core Tyria poi and Vista viewer.

Please let us store spice bags, insignias, intricate jewels, salad dressing, etc like normal ingredientsAs a crafter who often uses discovery to rank up, my inventory often ends up clogged with a bunch of ingredients that I can't store but want to use later. Being able to store that stuff would be a great improvement.

Ability to Save and Toggle Between Graphics Profiles (ex. Performance VS Quality)Having a way to save 2 sets of graphics settings and be able to switch between them would be very helpful for livestreaming and players without top-of-the-line computers to reduce stuttering. Personally, there are several settings I regularly switch between (resolution, FPS, and for meta events: shadows, textures, model quality) when I'm just playing VS livestreaming (or fighting world boss), so it'd be helpful to have a couple profiles, something that could optionally be key-bound for moments when you're in a big battle and sudden freeze/stutter makes it hard to even drag the cursor up to the gear icon to turn the settings down.

Custom Particle Effect Settings:

@Carighan.6758 said:Implement a user-customizable spell fx show/hide filter
This would allow us to clean up the often very confusing combat. Not upscaling effects on large enemies has helped a lot already, but the biggest hurdle - the mess of colors and circles and areas whenever 2+ players are firing off their skills - remains. Such a set of options should ideally offer the following options:

This post had great suggestions, and if combined with options to turn off other particle effects (ex. auras surrounding mounts), could probably save FPS, especially during really crowded events (world bosses, festivals) that sometimes cause the action to stutter even with other graphics settings turned down.

Fix Stacking ProblemsAnother user mentioned a problem with dragging and dropping not merging stacks in the Inventory. I thought this was just some restriction on not merging harvesting tools. Whatever the case, please fix this.

Name Mounts?It'd be nice to be able to name mounts like Rangers name pets. I call my Reaper's pink-rosettes-on-blood-red springer Viscera. :D

@YuckaMountain.3786 said:How about adding some kind of indicator that shows with a glance that when you inspect a book of recipes you looted whether you know all the recipes or not.

It is annoying to go and check them one by one if you cannot remember if you had the items.

Was just going to say the same. This is a royal pita. Better still, don't drop a book if I've finished it. It's useless. Even better still, drop a book with something I haven't finished.

I am interested in getting even more GW2 accounts. However, one thing that really discourages me is that I have to constantly type in my email address and password for each account every time I switch. Is it possible to get a launcher that stores multiple accounts so that I can switch accounts at the click of a button?

I'd like the ability to buy more ingredients storage space for cheaper but for selected 5 ingredients by me or something like that. There is like 5-10 ingredients that you get thousands of, and 90% of them you get only like up to100 playing for a year.

I'd like more hairstyles and faces available.

I wish LFM informed people if map is full.

Smaller&cheaper or just smaller guild halls possible for tiny guilds would be awesome.

@Kas.3509 said:I'd like the ability to buy more ingredients storage space for cheaper but for selected 5 ingredients by me or something like that. There is like 5-10 ingredients that you get thousands of, and 90% of them you get only like up to100 playing for a year.

OMFG yes. Gobblers take care of SOME of the bloodstone dust/empyreal stars/dragonite, but there's other stuff like t5 mats that I bet everyone has a ton of. This would be great. It can still be a gemstore item like the regular storage upgrade, just way cheaper and applicable to one slot only.

Add some sorting/grouping options to the wardrobe for armor, back items, and weapon skins; and also add a favorite option. Example: glow effect, bare arms, no cape, weapon set, animation, etc...

It would also be beneficial to have a hover or group option on the exclusive set rare dyes. This is especially true now that birthday gifts are coming with dye unlocks.

Make Essence of Luck a currency item for central Tyria the way the Living Season maps have currency items. A lot of people have maxed out their magic find, (I am not one of those yet), and there are only a few recipes and guild upgrades that use it.

I have purposefully not maxed out my magic find because I dread what will happen to my bank space when I do.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@"Kas.3509" said:I'd like the ability to buy more ingredients storage space for cheaper but for selected 5 ingredients by me or something like that. There is like 5-10 ingredients that you get thousands of, and 90% of them you get only like up to100 playing for a year.

kitten yes. Gobblers take care of SOME of the bloodstone dust/empyreal stars/dragonite, but there's other stuff like t5 mats that I bet everyone has a ton of. This would be great. It can still be a gemstore item like the regular storage upgrade, just way cheaper and applicable to one slot only.

I'd probably boost some to max and end up spending a lot more than I would for what is offered now - ight now it feels like a waste so I don't want to buy it, when Im going to "throw away"/never use 90% of it. It's like buying the whole car just to get comfortable and pretty armchair.

QoL to Endless Black Lion ContractsMerchant:No longer spawns a merchant. Just opens a vendor window. Doesn't close when you move. (I know you have the tech)Bank AccessNo longer closes when you move.Trading PostNo longer spawns a trading post. Just opens the window. Doesn't close when you move.

Please I really need these to change. Especially because I cannot use Trading Post and Merchant at the same time.

It also would prevent players from trolling with personal contracts and players without these wouldn't be frustrated to be unable to use them (eventhough they are on the map and have the icon).

I'd love to see more emotes added to the game! There are a few character animations I've seen that don't have commands associated with them, for instance the character holding their hands up slightly in a mildly surprised 'Wait a minute' manner (The commander even does this during the first part of episode 4). Along with drunkenly standing, and maybe some other animations not currently accessible to players, these would be fantastic for RPers.

A remastered Guild Wars 1 and combine it with Guild Wars 2 than rename it Guild Wars 2gather. I feel it would give new players a real sense of history within our gaming community. Than offer monthly subscriptions for veteran bonuses that add like being able to roll-back dailies to the previous day because life happened and wasn't able to get it that day. Monthly amount of Gems and a reduced pricing on BLTP for things that are bought while in veteran status. Could even give it where your Guild Wars 1 account has more of the added bonuses for being a veteran player.

Treat mount, glider and outfit dyes like armour dyes, where each skin keeps the dyes selected (for example, if i choose to have say the monk's outfit all permafrost and then swap to the arcane outfit, I don't want the dye choices to carry over and instead I want my arcane outfit to, when selected, have all the dye channels be shadow abyss, just as an example). This would make swapping between outfits slightly more practical for those of us who have different dye preferences for individual oufits.

In tandem with the above suggestion, have the preview window for gliders and outfit 'show original dyes' like with the mount selection, and have an option to dye locked gliders, outfits and mount skins to help make more informed choices (there have been mount skins i've gotten where i've hated the original dye scheme but loved them after dying them differently, having the option to preview not only other mounts but also gliders and outfits with different dye schemes would have me purchase way more outfits if i could dye them to my taste before purchasing).

Suggestion: Easier to obtain a low (blue/green) tier celestial (+x to all stat) gear version for discovering a profession's specializations.Dear ArenaNet.I love the freedom we get to play the game you want to play. I have no (more) goals in GW2, except for having a good time with others. The World Boss Portal Device was a great addition btw!

But one last point is getting to know my toons better. I'd really love to have a low (green?) tier basic jack-of-all-trade gear set, where no specialization has more benefit because it has higher stats. I have no interest in dungeons/fractals/raids. The world itself has plenty of good stuff to offer.

I'd like to discover my toon instead of working to gear that matches the skills first. I'd like to finetune the way I enjoy a profession the most, and that means alot of switching. imo Having gear outfit that doesn't benefit any stat/spec is a great start to find out the way you like to play.

I know there's plenty of builds online. You adjust your settings to these builds because they say that it's good. But does it feel good to me?

But my final request of haveing freedom in GW2 is having low tier +x to all stats gear. Let the players discover their own unique playstyle in the open world PvE area's. Right now it's too much gear switching combined with specializations.

I'm happy with Celestial/Wupwup gear, but I'd be even more happy with a low tier blue version so I can get straight to learning a lvl 80 toons possibilities instead of spending weeks (Quartz Crystal creation cooldown) on getting a full celestial set.

• Grampybone