[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Home instances to be accessible via the Guild's hall in form of Guild homes, thus if someone steps through a door/portal of door like you do when you enter the Guild's Iniative Office.

Sounds Good?

Alright, then if that is doable, instead of just "one door" in the guild and a long drop down menu, how about for each member who has a decently upgraded home instance, there will appear a new door for every 5-10 players, thus a "town grows" in a Guild Hall.

Sounds Good?

When one enters an instance, presently you can loot stuff in there from nodes etc. But what if you can have your prized armour displayed e.g. wep/armour and other skins? Kind of like you do in the single player, Skyrim game... but now you can have Guildies visit you and see your collections, achievements, etc on display - as they go mine from your nodes ^_^

Obviously the easy access might make node farming too easy to do, so I would suggest a nerf/limit as to how many "homes" you can go loot from at a time. Perhaps 1 a day and you can't go to the same home in e.g. in a week's time, as a guildy - (the door might display as opened, and closed for not yet visited ones) thus promoting players to visist each other's homes... making a community and a more lively Guild.

I would also suggest if you have a lv40+ guild hall, that this will then be possible and that as your guildies develop their homes and they gain more nodes etc... so too does the broken parts of a guild repair (that broken stuff that's not part of normal upgrades.)

If you kick or remove a member perhaps due to afk for a long time etc... him leaving will effect the cosmetic look by the % he added to the better looking guild.

Since this is now a lively town that people pop into all the time, I would like to add the cherry on top of the cake... by requesting that in a max level market in the guild's market area, to have a Tradepost that functions like the cities' tradepost to be usable, even if rate limited daily, to still promote city trade post... (There's already a personal bank and materials bank at the scribe staytion... )

Also, part of the the growing home's cosmetic effect is to restore the use of "profession's" equipment, e.g. anvil, forge, wepsmith etc. Since scribe's have their thingy at the workshop, it will be great if a "lively" high level guild has crafting staytions in the market - only if the Guild is lively enough would enough "quality" homes in it. Repping will effect where the homes appear...

Jumping Puzzle Master Mode - Include a 2d tier into puzzles,

Doing puzzles as they're presently done, = some meh rewards, however that is because many people are cheating with mesmer portals or bunny mounts etc.

If puzzles had 2d mode, where it rewards insanely better if you do not use a mesmer portal, and increase the no mount zone radius.

With a simple UI flick of a switch you can enter Jump Mode, which will make all puzzles harder and you have to keep this mode on until the end of the puzzle.

Doing all jump puzzles like this will stand you the chance to potentially drop precursors or if you've completed them all you'd get a legendary jumping stick/mount that you can hop with, makes you glow and leaves a trail of bubbles as you hop forward, it will also be a "staff" and and you gain the Achievement "Afraid of Portals"

@hugo.4705 said:I noticed something, will be a very great change for the game and should be added ASAP in the gemstore:Can we have 1 additional filter for weapons/armors/dyes/minis based on the fact if we have unlocked the item/skin or not? Like:○ Unlocked○ Locked

That way, we can easily find on gemstore a skin we don't have without mistakes.

This has been suggested in this forum before, but it cannot be suggested enough.

Also add a filter for dye based on color.

@Wrong Device.3014 said:If I fully unlocked elite specialization and learned how to deal with new weapon - why can't I equip it anytime I want?Yes, I want to be Scourge with greatsword, Holosmith with hammer, core Thief with a rifle, core Guardian with longbow, Soulbeast with staff, etc. Why not?

We really should be able to keep weapon skills. I understand losing the utility and elite skills, but please let us keep the weapon skills.

Additionally - give us the racial skills on the Revenant. It is really crazy that this class is the only one that locks you into specific utility and elite skills. We should be able to customize and play how we like on this class. It is awesome that water selections were updated, please follow through and update the rest of the class :)

@"The Path Finder.3197" said:Jumping Puzzle Master Mode - Include a 2d tier into puzzles,

Doing puzzles as they're presently done, = some meh rewards, however that is because many people are cheating with mesmer portals or bunny mounts etc.

If puzzles had 2d mode, where it rewards insanely better if you do not use a mesmer portal, and increase the no mount zone radius.

With a simple UI flick of a switch you can enter Jump Mode, which will make all puzzles harder and you have to keep this mode on until the end of the puzzle.

Doing all jump puzzles like this will stand you the chance to potentially drop precursors or if you've completed them all you'd get a legendary jumping stick/mount that you can hop with, makes you glow and leaves a trail of bubbles as you hop forward, it will also be a "staff" and and you gain the Achievement "Afraid of Portals"

What do you mean by a 2d puzzle? Something you have to play from only an elevated view?

Team balancing for minigames should really be looked at. Implement some kind of MMR so that casuals (who only show up for festivals or dailies) are not mixed with veteran players. Also do not add a player to the game if it will cause lopsided teams (+1 red). They should stay in a queue until there is another player to balance it out or another player leaves. It is getting really tiresome to see a 5:1 score blowout when you are forced onto a game in progress.

A smart system that detects when games will have high volume (e.g. it's a daily) could also make it so that hotjoin is disabled during these times, and games will only start with full teams.

Hair style kit... would like it to change eye color too. hairstyle, hair color, eye color.

Would be nice if there were two types of head gear, or two slots for head gear. Not talking about a 7th armor piece, but an aesthetic option. There are some things, like glasses, eye effects, scar, eye patches, face paint etc that would be great to pair with another head armor, especially ones that don't interfere with the aforementioned or that generally leave the face open, like horns, hoods, various hats/helms. If there is clipping, person could just click off one or the other.

I'd like to be able to preview mount skins in the shop with dye. I think it'd help people get excited to buy them if they can see how it looks with their chosen colors. There could even be a button to preview your character riding the mount so players can see if the skin and colors look good with their character.

I'd like the option for the game to remember dye color sorting preference a player sets so I don't have to select "sort by hue" every single time. The default looks like a random jumble of colors that is useless for, say, finding a good shade of blue, so I don't know why something so disorganized is even the default.

I wish it was possible to rotate a character any direction in the glider preview. It's hard to see the backs of gliders (the most important view for anything wing-based) clearly on an Asura since you can't rotate them up and down. Or at least tilting Asuras so players can see more of the top of the glider would be helpful when comparing items.

I've recently started doing some fractals because I'm crafting a legendary, and I have more than once missed looting a final chest because the popup at the death of the last boss covers pretty much my entire screen and I can't see where to click on anything or even where the chest is. I'd love for the popup to leave the fractal to either be much smaller, or for it to pop after the chest is looted instead of immediately on the final boss's death. I can't find any way to resize (even temporarily) the notice.

@Seagull.8730 said:I've recently started doing some fractals because I'm crafting a legendary, and I have more than once missed looting a final chest because the popup at the death of the last boss covers pretty much my entire screen and I can't see where to click on anything or even where the chest is. I'd love for the popup to leave the fractal to either be much smaller, or for it to pop after the chest is looted instead of immediately on the final boss's death. I can't find any way to resize (even temporarily) the notice.

You can move it out of the way like other windows.

It would be great if we could select criteria for collections to show on the achievement summary screen.

I really want to know when I am within three events for some collections, or only need two fractals to complete a legendary journey collection. The almost complete achievements that currently show are not something I will be completing anytime soon and I cannot choose to hide from the list.

Maybe also add categories like near completion side stories, story achievements, black lion collections, collections needed for other achievements (machines weapons, auric weapons).

A UI option to display available collections, achievements, scavenger hunts, etc for items you have active and are in your general area.

Like "This event goes to two achievements" or "this heart has items for an active collection". Something that will help guide players to achievement goals without forcing them to track on another screen, spreadsheet, or constant toggles of watches items.

It would be even better for things like the world bosses that also require you to have harpy pheromones, anthology of villains, or jars in your inventory to get the achievement. "This event requires 2 inventory items for active achievement completion." And list what those things are as a link.

Also would be nice for events that have a large set of achievements to complete like tequatl, triple trouble, or shatterer.

Or, this event has a random drop that unlocks further collection(s); this event has a random drop that goes to special collection (anton's boot blade).

There could be a lot of options to expand on the usefulness of the UI, mini map, and map director towards items.

Would love it, but it won't happen. We've been asking for UI customization and loadouts for how long (things that are basic functions in the majority of mmos) and still nothing. This will go the same way, it's unfortunate but that's how it is. If they actually allowed more freedom with the API, players could do the work for them but you know anet.

I'd like to suggest removing the 'fog of war' from the map/minimap in underwater and underground areas. Even as a new player, these areas are generally inhabited or well known enough that the 'mystery' on the map is only an annoyance. I've done map completion multiple times and the dredge excavations always bring me frustration.

Related suggestion: make the lowest level on the main map expose all of these underground/underwater areas (without the fog of war) regardless of your current elevation. I'd really like to be able to easily find the cave entrances and tunnels.

@Gorkus.7496 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:OP = October 7, 2017Today = November 15, 2018That's over a year with no resolution.I bought the expansion 12 days ago, just got to level 80 today.Then I ran into this unaddressed bug and find it game-breaking. I am getting a refund.

This popup is driving me absolutely nuts too. Did you ever get in contact with customer support, and if so, what did they say?

Yeah, I did. The response was something like "sorry we aren't doing a thing about it, but know it's driving me nuts too."

Me too! I sent in a ticket and that's basically what they said. However, they did tell me how to "get rid" of it, sort of. This is the reply I got:

"Thank you for getting back to us. I had the exact same issue when I first hit level 80. The easiest way to stop those pop-ups is to move into your Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire content. Get your first Mastery Point and the pop-ups will only appear when it really is time to change something. As soon as you do, you have the freedom to move back to the storyline you were doing previously. (I did myself)"

So I did that. However, in doing so, I got to play through like 30 minutes of stuff with characters I had no idea about referencing things that were basically spoilers unbeknownst to me at the time. I also can't guarantee that's what fixed it, because right around the same time I did that, I'd gotten enough central Tyria mastery points to finish the Pact Commander line and begin training something else. I haven't seen the popup since however, despite running around Central Tyria with my Legendary Crafting line ready to be mastered (despite not having points for doing so, which is what caused the popups in the first place.) So perhaps their suggestion fixed it, or perhaps finishing the Pact Commander line fixed it, or perhaps it somehow fixed itself. Or perhaps it'll come back some day and I'll kick a chair through the wall. Who knows. I hope their suggestion, paired with what I did, helps someone out though. Good luck, guys.

Bank / inventoryMake it so you can sort both the same way and stacks stack if you got multiple.

Glamours that comes with a free apply but you can not get rid of the glamour so you can add it to the account wardrobe till you have applied it in doing so resorting so bank space being taken up or you have to use it then use up a transmutation charge if you don't want to use it but free up space.Possible fix Make so it can only be added to account wardrobe and it comes with a Free transmutation charge instead of the free apply it already gives

All I can think of ATM