Griffon Mount requirements. No sir, I don't like them.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@"Spamwagon.1972" said:I still fail to see how my desire to spend money on the game to bypass aspects of it that I don't like - is bad. Noone has made a convincing argument to the contrary. XP/Item boosts are readily available in the store for people who want to level more quickly (i.e. bypass content). This is nothing new. I don't want to dance a merry jig for a mount - I just want to buy it. That seems totally legitimate to me.

I will try, again, to put it as simply as I can. Pandering to people like you will eventually ruin the game for the rest of us. Let's say that gem unlock existed. Most of
us
got the griffon without paying a dime while
you
did. It would make sense financially for the company to make future content even grindier to "encourage" more of
us
to do the same as
you
. In a sense you would be sabotaging yourself since you are giving them monetary incentives to make more content that "makes you angry", in order to get more of that dough you are willing to spend.

Right. And to avoid this happening, the strong should be helping the weak. If the strong help the weak get the Griffon, the weak will not be on the forums complaining that the requirements are too hard. Anet will then, trusting that the strong will help the weak, give the strong the content they crave.

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:This is one of those bonus end game luxuries you have to earn in game.

Lisa looks at computer screen seriously. What if you have the motivation to do the end game stuffs but you are clutz...and cannot finish the story, and do not know anyone in game, and are shy??? Not everything is cut and dry.

I'm a very casual player and I was able to get my griffon. Yes, it was hard work for me and yes I had to find groups to help in some parts. It can be done.

This mount is an OPTIONAL item in the game. It is not required to complete any portion of any story. If some are unable to obtain it, they will not be at a loss to do any content in GW2.

Now, if they WANT the griffon for the QoL that it brings, then sorry -- do the necessary things to get it. It can be done.

I put off trying for the griffon because I'm not a huge fan of grouping type content (anxiety and I like organic open world stuff way better). Who knew it was as easy as shouting in map chat that you're going for a bounty/boss and having a swarm of helpful people descend on you and get them done in less than five minutes.

I tend to do crafting / AFK in Amnoon a lot. The most common bounty that gets advertised there is Facet.

Also, ArenaNet staff are not obliged to respond to every post on the forum, particularly in the situation where there are so many other players able to assist (not just with opinions but actually helping to complete the collection).

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:This is one of those bonus end game luxuries you have to earn in game.

Lisa looks at computer screen seriously. What if you have the motivation to do the end game stuffs but you are clutz...and cannot finish the story, and do not know anyone in game, and are shy??? Not everything is cut and dry.

Then you do just what the person who posted this did. You put in map chat that you need help finishing the story. You might not get a bite the very first time but it is seriously amazing how many people will help. Other places to get help:

ANY starting map. Yes. I mean like queensdale. The helpful sorts tend to congregate in these maps and they are generally just as willing to help elsewhere as Queensdale or Caledon or wherever.

One of the cities. Same reason.

One of the areas like the airship or mists or the like. Where bored people idle.

Your guild. If yours doesn't do the help with story thing find one that does. There are many many many MANY.

Wait at the exact point where your story has it's instance and ask there. Chances are people approaching are also doing their story.

Once you have the story done proceed to the next step, and continue. I am in five guilds and only one of them would probably not help( the alliance one) and even there I bet as long as it wasn't during reset they would. Even my dedicated raiding guild has helped me during off hours.

I have not done a single story instance past claw island by myself. I find story more fun and easier with other people. Same with quests. And it might help someone's shyness too.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I'm a very casual player and I was able to get my griffon. Yes, it was hard work for me and yes I had to find groups to help in some parts. It can be done.

This mount is an OPTIONAL item in the game. It is not required to complete any portion of any story.
If some are unable to obtain it, they will not be at a loss to do any content in GW2

Now, if they WANT the griffon for the QoL that it brings, then sorry -- do the necessary things to get it. It can be done.

There is content locked behind having a griffon. For instance, there is story achievements that you cannot get unless you have a griffon. LWS4 has a meta achievement to get Palawa Joko's staff, but it cannot be completed unless you have a Griffon. As it rewards the staff head required for the staff achievement, which cannot be obtained unless you have done the Griffon Master Silver and Gold achievements.

So yes, you will be at a loss of content if you don't have the griffon. Even if it is just achievements, it is still content you are locked out of unless you get a griffon. You will never get that staff and never get that meta achievement without a griffon.

@Ben K.6238 said:Because they're achievement hunting.

Anyone who doesn't have a griffon yet isn't an achievement hunter.

Just cause someone wants to do a story achievement doesn't automatically mean they are achievement hunting/hunters. The achievement in question rewards the Staff of the Inevitable. It's Palawa Joko's staff, a unique skin. Maybe they want the skin? You don't have to be an achievement hunter to just want the rewards an achievement gives you.

There's a ton of achievements I've done just because I wanted the reward it gave me. I'm no achievement hunter, I do them cause they offer unique rewards.

It is decently easy to collect gold if you know how and what to sell. My biggest complaint about this is always why in heavens name did they ask 250 gold for this mount? Yes some of the achieves are annoying but mostly in the doable category. Its just blatant gold sinks even disguised as smaller sinks that truly annoy me.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:It is decently easy to collect gold if you know how and what to sell. My biggest complaint about this is always why in heavens name did they ask 250 gold for this mount? Yes some of the achieves are annoying but mostly in the doable category. Its just blatant gold sinks even disguised as smaller sinks that truly annoy me.

Probably to sell PoF Ultimate Editions, with the 4K gems add-on. It worked, too, if the drastic increase in gems-for-gold rates is any indication.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Head Kracker.4790 said:It is decently easy to collect gold if you know how and what to sell. My biggest complaint about this is always why in heavens name did they ask 250 gold for this mount? Yes some of the achieves are annoying but mostly in the doable category. Its just blatant gold sinks even disguised as smaller sinks that truly annoy me.

Probably to sell PoF Ultimate Editions, with the 4K gems add-on. It worked, too, if the drastic increase in gems-for-gold rates is any indication.

ergh, but nothing in the special editions really is worth spending that money for except the gems. The lily pass seems like a decent thing until you calc the conversion of what it would cost vs and the outfit is a outfit. If you don't totally love the look its pretty meaningless considering that armorwars is a thing. Most of the other things in the pack aren't really that valuable even from a digital perspective.

@SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Because they're achievement hunting.

Anyone who doesn't have a griffon yet isn't an achievement hunter.

Just cause someone wants to do a story achievement doesn't automatically mean they are achievement hunting/hunters. The achievement in question rewards the Staff of the Inevitable. It's Palawa Joko's staff, a unique skin. Maybe they want the skin? You don't have to be an achievement hunter to just want the rewards an achievement gives you.

There's a ton of achievements I've done just because I wanted the reward it gave me. I'm no achievement hunter, I do them cause they offer unique rewards.

It's also a uniquely unremarkable skin. I'm having trouble seeing why anyone would want to grind out achievements for that if they couldn't or wouldn't do the griffon.

Have you ever heard of anyone who's actually doing this, or is it just a hypothetical? The pre-conditions for this situation to actually occur are remarkably unlikely to occur together:

• A player compelled to grind out achievements for an item that looks quite similar to a number of more easily obtainable skins
  • Dedicated enough to not give up on that meta-achievement hunt before reaching the parts they actually can not do
  • Yet not dedicated enough to meet a pre-requisite collection which is arguably easier, as it's much more widely pursued by the GW2 community so it's easier to find help

These pre-conditions aren't mutually exclusive in an absolute sense, but they're close enough that I'd be surprised if a single player is actually in this situation.

@SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

There is content locked behind having a griffon. For instance, there is story achievements that you cannot get unless you have a griffon. LWS4 has a meta achievement to get Palawa Joko's staff, but it cannot be completed unless you have a Griffon. As it rewards the staff head required for the staff achievement, which cannot be obtained unless you have done the Griffon Master Silver and Gold achievements.

So yes, you will be at a loss of content if you don't have the griffon. Even if it is just achievements, it is still content you are locked out of unless you get a griffon. You will never get that staff and never get that meta achievement without a griffon.Ok, to be more clear, not having the griffon does not prevent a player from continuing the story. Achievements are a different matter. Having achievements or not does not affect the story progression.

@coso.9173 said:Ah, 12 dailies for each 25g part. Which makes it like hundreds of dailies to get enough money...

25g a piece, so do dailies, sell the mystic coins and laurels (by buying t4 or t6 crafting bags)Complete the Auric Basin meta event,Gather volatile magic and sell the trophy cratesShould be doable to get 10g a day of you slack off, that means about a small month to get the gold.And that's if you do the lazy way.If you put effort in gathering and do even more meta events, you can get a lot more on a daily basis

@SpyderArachnid.5619 said:There is content locked behind having a griffon. For instance, there is story achievements that you cannot get unless you have a griffon. LWS4 has a meta achievement to get Palawa Joko's staff, but it cannot be completed unless you have a Griffon. As it rewards the staff head required for the staff achievement, which cannot be obtained unless you have done the Griffon Master Silver and Gold achievements.You don't need the griffon master achievements for the staff head. The episode achievement that gives the staff head requires 38 achievements out of a list of 49, most of which are just as well doable without a griffon.

One of the best collections and the most fun bit of content that they released with PoE (plus the griffon races), and OP is complaining...Sounds like a TP warrior to me... If you can't throw money at it you don't like it...

Which is kind of odd, even, since for most people, the most limiting part of the requirements is the gold requirement.