Griffon Mount requirements. No sir, I don't like them.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Spamwagon.1972 said:My apologies to everyone - rereading my post, I seem like a sullen child. Rude and needy. Sorry.

To clarify, I don't really play GW 2 as an MMO. One of the things that I love about it is the solo-friendly aspect. The only group content I enjoy is the drop in/ drop out MAP stuff. So most of the group content required for this particular collection - not really my thing. I have a limited timetable and I don't relish sitting around trying to get people together to tackle it.

Additionally I don't like collections, or jumping puzzles - it's tedious stuff and once again, I have limited time to play.

I don't see what the problem is if I want to bypass those aspects of the game and benefit arenanet as well with a little cash.

I am petitioning Arenanet to add something I would find valuable to their gem store - something I WOULD give them money for. They have other advantageous items in it - this seems on par with a permanent harvesting item, or the extra options for your home instance. - etc.

Praise the 6, you aren't making Aurora or you'd throw the monitor out the window waiting for next reset to get another runestone.

I was just thinking that. Or ANY of the legendaries requiring collections. I can't think of a single one that isn't less onerous than the griffon collection. At least in the way of requiring participation in group events, be it fractals, wvw or whatnot. And as for the gemstore allowing you to bypass things, since you can buy gold with gems, it doesn't really. Those gathering tools will probably never 'save' you the gold in buying tools. They are simply a quality of life item. The waypoint unlock is the only real bypass I can think of, and that's the easiest bit of map collection.

OP, several on here have offered to help, and i know from reading mapchat that people in /general/ will help with griffon events. Do one a day. You'll get there.

Upon the CHORUS of urging - I tried to get the crystal oasis bounty done tonight. Spent 3 hours talking in map chat and looking at an empty LFG queue, and did NOT get it done. I didn't enjoy that experience, and that's why I would like to just pay arenanet and be done with this tedious nonsense.

I sort of agree somewhat with the OPs gripe, not so much in respect of getting a griffon, but in the mechanism needed, which is a model that lots of MMOs have.ie to get this , you have to do that , but you cant do that unless someone else helps you do that.Eventually, you will simply run out of people who want to do that, simply because they have already done it , and the game itself then does not provide any solution to the problem.What is Anets policy on players advertising and paying people to help them do events?ie LFG to help me get a griffon, 50G each per player who helps.

@mauried.5608 said:I sort of agree somewhat with the OPs gripe, not so much in respect of getting a griffon, but in the mechanism needed, which is a model that lots of MMOs have.ie to get this , you have to do that , but you cant do that unless someone else helps you do that.Eventually, you will simply run out of people who want to do that, simply because they have already done it , and the game itself then does not provide any solution to the problem.What is Anets policy on players advertising and paying people to help them do events?ie LFG to help me get a griffon, 50G each per player who helps.

Well aslong as you pay the people and dont scam them they shouldent have a problem with it, its kinda like a reverse raid selling.A event buying =)

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:The collection for the gryphon is a joke. Can be done in one sitting easy. The biggest gripe most people have is the gold requirement, and since you don't seem to have a problem with that, literally stating you'll buy it so you can just buy gold, its baffling what your problem is.

It does include group events which aren't necessarily easy get people to show up for although I guess you could offer to pay people with gold as suggested above ... speaking of which I just remembered someone who was working on C&C owes me a gold :(

@Spamwagon.1972 said:It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

This is completely unlike any other aspect of the game. Large game mechanics (like mounts and masteries) are granted to the player either through traditional play through the campaign (solo friendly), or by a multitude of different solo friendly options.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

You are literally trying to pay money to not play a game. Are you sure this is the right game for you?

That is usually the sort of thing people do to get out being punished or similar like using bribes to get out of jail.

@coso.9173 said:Ah, 12 dailies for each 25g part. Which makes it like hundreds of dailies to get enough money...

120 odd. Which is only a lot if you purely do it via dailies and earn no other gold in that time (which you obv will). But even if you only did that, you would guarantee the gold within 4 months max.

I always try to break it down this way to make feel more manageable on expensive projects

@coso.9173 said:i don't like the gold requirement, i've never ever had 200g or more in the history of playing this game :(

I didn't like the cost either since it was obvious whalebait (exchange rates at the time were proof of this). But it's not that hard to gather if you set it as a goal. A few SW runs for 1-2 weeks did the job. Remember to open bags on a lvl50 character to get max value for your mats. I also used some of the laurels I have accumulated over the years to buy material bags from the vendor for some extra gold.

Mostly just seeing excuses for not doing things. 250 gold too much? Think 50 gold do a map, then 50 for the next and 50 gold is easy without farming (easier if you enjoy farming). If you want the mount yesterday you will not get it, if you do what is needed when you can you will probably surprise yourself how fast it goes.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:Upon the CHORUS of urging - I tried to get the crystal oasis bounty done tonight. Spent 3 hours talking in map chat and looking at an empty LFG queue, and did NOT get it done. I didn't enjoy that experience, and that's why I would like to just pay arenanet and be done with this tedious nonsense.

Wow. I did it on the 30th(again) Big group and it was announced. One of the quickest Faucet kills I have ever participated in. (NA btw)

Edit: Just finished it again at 5:10 Sun the 31 by joining a group doing champs.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:Upon the CHORUS of urging - I tried to get the crystal oasis bounty done tonight. Spent 3 hours talking in map chat and looking at an empty LFG queue, and did NOT get it done. I didn't enjoy that experience, and that's why I would like to just pay arenanet and be done with this tedious nonsense.

Looking at? Meaning you didn't create your own group?

And did you ask your guilds? You can join up to 5. That's a potential ~2500 people to ask for help.

I do the choya pinata event (in crystal oasis) every night, and it's rare to not see a group forming for the corrupted facet bounty.